Tylenol® Regular Strength Tablets

by Tylenol

Recommended by doctors and delivers fast-acting pain relief.

Active ingredient (in each tablet)

Acetaminophen 325 mg

Purpose

Pain reliever/fever reducer

Inactive ingredients

magnesium stearate, modified starch, powdered cellulose, pregelatinized starch, sodium starch glycolate

Uses:

• temporarily relieves minor aches and pains due to:
  • headache
  • muscular aches
  • backache
  • minor pain of arthritis
  • the common cold
  • toothache
  • premenstrual and menstrual cramps
  • temporarily reduces fever

Warnings

Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. The maximum daily dose of this product is 10 tablets (3,250 mg) in 24 hours for adults or 5 tablets (1,625 mg) in 24 hours for children. Severe liver damage may occur if

• adult takes more than 4,000 mg of acetaminophen in 24 hours
  • child takes more than 5 doses in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
  • taken with other drugs containing acetaminophen
  • adult has 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product

Allergy alert:  acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions.  Symptoms may include:

• skin reddening
  • blisters
  • rash

If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.

Do not use

Ask a doctor before use if the user has liver disease

Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if the user is taking the blood thinning drug warfarin

Stop use and ask a doctor if

• pain gets worse or lasts more than 10 days in adults
  • pain gets worse or lasts more than 5 days in children under 12 years
  • fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
  • new symptoms occur
  • redness or swelling is present

These could be signs of a serious condition.

If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.

Keep out of reach of children.

Directions

• do not take more than directed (see overdose warning)

adults and children 12 years and over

• do not take more than 5 tablets in 24 hours
  • do not use for more than 5 days unless directed by a doctor

children under 6 years

ask a doctor

No one has asked a question yet! Be the first!
+ Ask a question
Start your review of Tylenol® Regular Strength Tablets!
Product Highlights
Tylenol works great for headaches and mild pain but not so great for muscle or joint pain. in reviews
I've noticed that the name brand has a slight edge over the generics.in reviews
I mainly used for small headaches and a little bit of muscle pain.in reviews
Kandi S.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I have ulcerative colitis and can't take a lot of medicine because it messes with my stomach. I can take these though and they really help a lot with my headache and whatever else is bothering me that day!
Merriam H.
Sioux Falls, SD
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
I like that whenever I take a Tylenol, I know that soon my pain will be dulled. Although this is an effective substance and I understand that this is not any super strength thing, with my more painful moments, it seems to just dull the pain for a bit before wearing off.
Erika B.
Conneaut, OH
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
Tylenol is the first thing I reach for if I have aches/pains/fever. It has always been the most effective for me. Easy to find at any store. Even gas stations have it.
Andrea G.
Weslaco, TX
Tylenol helps with regular everyday headaches. And since my sons are on epilepsy medication, Tylenol is safe for them to take without any reactions.
Tyler S.
Joplin, MO
Tylenol is the best pain reliever when I have headaches, or any other pains. It's always my go to when I just can't deal with pain and need an immediate reliever. Works every time.
Ittiqa R.
Cumming, GA
Purchased at: Walmart
I always turn to Tylenol for fever and pain. It reduces symptoms almost immediately. It’s an affordable price.
Tiphanee S.
South Bend, IN
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
My go to for aches and pains. Great value and better than alternatives. Kicks in fast and lasts
Victoria A.
Havre de Grace
Help with any pain and headaches go to pain reliever in my house hold alway buy this at any store
Caroline A.
Lansdale, PA
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
A classic pain reliever that I really embraced during my pregnancy because I couldn't take anything else. It reminded me how great these are for relieving pain.
Brigett P.
I am a huge fan of Tylenol and it's other products. As a healthcare provider I recommend tylenol often, especially for fevers. I've noticed that the name brand has a slight edge over the generics. we are always stocked with tylenol at my house.

Looking for your answer?