BY TYLENOL #42 in Pain Relief

Available as caplets. For adults and children 12 years and older.

Active ingredient

Acetaminophen 500 mg (in each caplet)

Purpose

Pain reliever/fever reducer

Inactive ingredients

contains one or more of these ingredients

or

Uses:

• temporarily relieves minor aches and pains due to:
  • the common cold
  • headache
  • backache
  • minor pain of arthritis
  • toothache
  • muscular aches
  • premenstrual and menstrual cramps
  • temporarily reduces fever

Warnings

• more than 4,000 mg of acetaminophen in 24 hours
  • with other drugs containing acetaminophen
  • 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product

• skin reddening
  • blisters
  • rash

If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.

Do not use

Ask a doctor before use if you have liver disease

Stop use and ask a doctor if

• pain gets worse or lasts more than 10 days
  • fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
  • new symptoms occur
  • redness or swelling is present

These could be signs of a serious condition.

If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.

Keep out of reach of children.

Directions

• do not take more than directed (see overdose warning)

adults and children 12 years and over

• take 2 caplets every 6 hours while symptoms last
  • do not take more than 6 caplets in 24 hours, unless directed by a doctor
  • do not take for more than 10 days unless directed by a doctor

children under 12 years

ask a doctor

Tori B.
Trussville, AL
Works fairly well on my migraines. I am thankful to have this so that I don't have to take a prescription pill every time I have a migraine. It works very effectively on regular headaches, and it is pretty effective on mild migraines. I totally attribute that to the "extra strength" in this specific brand because it seems to be the only one that helps with migraines!
rebekkka g.
These work very well for what they are, but I feel the product is pretty over priced to be honest. Its not really affordable. You can just buy the store brand and get the same thing. It is very effective though for any ache and pain. I would say go pick this up and keep it in your purse comes in handy
Randy P.
Minneapolis, MN
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I like Tylenol for my headaches - extra strength only, regular strength doesn't do it for me. Not a good idea to take for those hangover headaches - alcohol isn't a good mix. I generally get a few hours of relief, but have to alternate with Advil or a comparable for better relief when the pain is bad.
tiffany s.
JOHNSON CITY, TN
I only use Tylenol extra strength when I have aches and pains that will not go away.  I do not take any medication unless it is absolutely necessary so when I do have to take a pain reliever I need something that will work every time quickly and efficiently.  This always works great.
Latisha S.
I didn't want to take any prescription drugs after my surgery so I took Tylenol Extra Strength Caplets. They worked extremely well for when I couldn't manage on my own. I did not feel queasy or nauseous after.
Emily S.
My go to painkiller for headaches, cramps, etc. a doctor told me once that other painkillers can make cramping worse so I tend to stick with Tylenol whenever I'm in pain. The extra strength is especially helpful when other doses just aren't cutting it.
Stepha V.
Works well and is much lighter on the stomach. I was in Peru and I was having stomach problems along with fever and I had to bring down the fever but was scared that I would upset my stomach with my Advil/ibuprofen. A friend gave me some Tylenol and it worked just fine and did not upset my stomach.
Alexandra G.
This works good for headaches, backaches, cramps, moderate pain, reducing fevers.  It is priced fairly, but I like to use coupons for them when I can.  I prefer acetaminophen over ibuprofen so that's why this works better for me.  I think the product helps me when I need it.  I've had to switch to something else, because it stopped working after a while, but now it's been about a year, so I want to start using this again.
Fancy G.
I gave this product one less star truly because it didn’t reach my expectation, it’s not pricey it’s a great price but using Advil for my monthly cramps seemed to do the trick rather then this product . I’d recommend this to anyone honestly just my body didn’t seem to take it like how others would, everyone’s body is different so go for it :)
Smile A.
This product works for getting rid of headaches. I buy my Tylenol at the drugstore but you can get it at other places. It’s a good price as well as “you get what you paid for”. Sometimes I get the pill form and they are pretty easy to swallow! The liquid tastes good and everything. So I definitely recommend buying this if you have frequent headaches or if you just have headaches once in a while.
Leidy daliza R.
Doral, FL
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
Do you like this product??
Amber M.