Tylenol® Extra Strength Caplets for Adults

by Tylenol

#11 in Pain Relief

Available as caplets. For adults and children 12 years and older.

Active ingredient

Acetaminophen 500 mg (in each caplet)

Purpose

Pain reliever/fever reducer

Inactive ingredients

contains one or more of these ingredients

or

Uses:

• temporarily relieves minor aches and pains due to:
  • the common cold
  • headache
  • backache
  • minor pain of arthritis
  • toothache
  • muscular aches
  • premenstrual and menstrual cramps
  • temporarily reduces fever

Warnings

• more than 4,000 mg of acetaminophen in 24 hours
  • with other drugs containing acetaminophen
  • 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product

• skin reddening
  • blisters
  • rash

If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.

Do not use

Ask a doctor before use if you have liver disease

Stop use and ask a doctor if

• pain gets worse or lasts more than 10 days
  • fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
  • new symptoms occur
  • redness or swelling is present

These could be signs of a serious condition.

If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.

Keep out of reach of children.

Directions

• do not take more than directed (see overdose warning)

adults and children 12 years and over

• take 2 caplets every 6 hours while symptoms last
  • do not take more than 6 caplets in 24 hours, unless directed by a doctor
  • do not take for more than 10 days unless directed by a doctor

children under 12 years

ask a doctor

What is your go to drug for headaches?
What’s the best facial primer to use if you have large pores?
Do you like this product??
Start your review of Tylenol® Extra Strength Caplets for Adults!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
“I get headaches more than I'd like to, so I just take one and I will start to feel better after a bit.” in reviews
No one likes headaches, colds, fevers, sore muscles and just not feeling well. Sometimes just taking a Tylenol works just as well, if not faster and with better results as the prescription. At least for me and my husband. We're getting older and that means we need to be more careful with movement and watching where we walk and sit and being aware of our surroundings. Having broken my wrist twice within 4 years has made it very weak, fragile and painful. I have a prescription pain medication that upsets my stomache, makes me foggy and sleepy. Tylenoll doesn't give me any bad side effects. It's quick, I can swallow without it getting stuck with the super slick coating, which is a huge plus. I'll rest for a bit, like check our mail or address some greeting cards and the pain subsides and my wrist is usable and I feel confident I can carry something and open a door again without struggle or worry. Peace of mind is worth so much when we have relief.
Hello viewers i have been a victim of Herpes virus for 6 months. One day i was in a mall when I meant a friend of mine that once knew that i was suffering from same problem with hers and she introduce me to a man called Dr Ehi that have cure her Herpes virus with the help of his traditional medicine I contacted him and he gave me the traditional herbal medicine to drink and after drinking it with his prescription he told me that after 2 weeks I will see the result of his traditional herbal medicine and today I am happy to say that Dr Ehi have used his traditional herbal medicine to cure my Herpes virus, and now I am happy to be alive life again today with my family, I am married with 2 kids, to all that feels my pain and will need to know more about this great traditional doctor here is his contact: shomorikaspelltemple @ yahoo. com or WhatsApp him via +2349035080936 i am sure he is the solution you have been waiting for so don't let this opportunity pass you by okay.
Pocono Summit, PA
I’ve just recently started to get migraines, haven’t been able to pin point the issue as I rarely have gotten migraines in my 25 years, however I took 3 of these bad boys each time I got them and within 4-5 hours my migraine subsided. I usually use Tylenol for normal aches as well, but I do try to stay away from taking pills and work through the pain. The box doesn’t suggest taking 3 pills but I noticed when I take 2 I don’t have any pain relief (specifically with migraines) I also do not have any side effects when taking 3, so I would first contact your doctor before doing so!
Oakland, OR
Wellness Guru Expert Level 5
Along with Aleve generic, it’s the combo that I use to get my menstrual pain under control, because when I get cramps, they are bad. I also use the same combo for headaches, because of my high drug metabolism. (I learned about this drug combination from a nurse practitioner, who recommended it to me because of my struggle for pain relief.) (A high drug metabolism is a real thing, and it’s not as great as it sounds. Imagine having to go through a number of drugs just to find something that works on your problem. It’s a pain.)
Palm Harbor
This is the only over the counter product that works on my migraines. Sadly due to Covid/the virus it has become nearly impossible to find in stock. If you often have migraines or headaches and you really do not want to use something that has to be gotten through your doctor give this a shot. I promise you will always have this around for that occasional headache in the future once you try it once. 500mg each you only need 2
Cheektowaga, NY
Compared to Advil or aleve, this is the best pain medication (in my opinion). It works really well for me and helps take pain away. I use it for aches but also for my migraines. It doesn’t always do a great job of getting rid of my migraines but since excedrin currently stopped production, this is all I have to use. I’d say for aches and mild headaches, I’d give this a 9/10. For getting rid of my migraines, I’d give it 5/10.
Bothell, WA
Typo ok works great for headaches and reducing fever. I will take these when I am sick and need to get better. Olmert thing Tylenol does not help if it headaches from exhaustion or lack of sleep for me. It also works for muscle pain releaif but it’s not the permanent solution as Tylenol is only temporary. Pinched nerves and such usually require a chiropractor for me. Tylenol won’t solved that issue.
This is the only pain killer I use because it has the least negative effects on the body if taken for a long period of time. It works great for me when relieving headaches/migraines and body pains. I do get extra strength but have used regular Tylenol and have gotten the same results but not as fast as the extra strength. A big bottle is not cheap but you can get a small bottle for a reasonable price.
Bronx, NY
Tylenol is one of my go to products for pain right next to ibuprofen. It really takes the pain away within 15 minutes to 20 minutes. Sometimes it varies (at least with me). Perfect for headaches, muscle aches or even the common cold. So many uses for 1 product which is great in my opinion. It's effective and all you have to do is open the pack and swallow the pills with some water.
BELOIT, WI
This is another favorite of mine. Other then my excedrin, my next go to pain reliever is Tylenol extra strength. I have to take 2 caplets to relieve my pain, unlike excedrin which I just take 1 caplet. It still gets the work done. Prices are similar to excedrin, which range from $3.97-$10.97 online/in-stores. The bottle contains 24-100 caplets varying on the bottle size you purchase.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Zanesville, OH