Tylenol® Cold + Flu Severe Caplets uploaded by Myra H.Tylenol® Cold + Flu Severe Caplets uploaded by Bonnie L.

BY TYLENOL #56 in Cough, Cold, & Flu

Convenient caplets to tackle your tough cold and flu symptoms by clearing congestion, quieting coughs and relieving head and body aches.

Acetaminophen

Dextromethorphan HBr 10 mg in each caplet
Guaifenesin 200 mg in each caplet
Phenylephrine HCl 5 mg in each caplet

Inactive ingredients

carnauba wax, croscarmellose sodium, D&C yellow no. 10 aluminum lake, flavor, hydroxypropyl cellulose, hypromellose, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, pregelatinized starch, sucralose, titanium dioxide.

Uses:

• for the temporary relief of the following cold/flu symptoms:
  • minor aches and pains
  • headache
  • sore throat
  • nasal congestion
  • cough
  • helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to make coughs more productive
  • temporarily reduces fever

Warnings

Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. The maximum daily dose of this product is 10 caplets (3,250 mg acetaminophen) in 24 hours. Severe liver damage may occur if you take

• more than 4,000 mg of acetaminophen in 24 hours
  • with other drugs containing acetaminophen
  • 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product

• skin reddening
  • blisters
  • rash

If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.

Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nasea or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.

Do not use

• if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
  • if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients.

Ask a doctor before use if you have

• liver disease
  • heart disease
  • high blood pressure
  • thyroid disease
  • diabetes
  • trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
  • persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis or emphysema
  • cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)

When using this product do not exceed recommended dose

Stop use and ask a doctor if

• nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occur
  • pain, nasal congestion or cough gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
  • fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
  • redness or swelling is present
  • new symptoms occur
  • cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts

These could be signs of a serious condition.

If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.

Keep out of reach of children.

Overdose warning: In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. (1-800-222-1222). Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.

Questions or comments? call 1-877-895-3665 (toll-free) or 215-273-8755 (collect)

This website contains current product information and may differ from the information on the product packaging you may have. If you have any questions, please contact the Consumer Care Center at 1-877-895-3665.

Directions

• do not take more than directed (see overdose warning)

adults and children 12 years and over

• take 2 caplets every 4 hours
  • swallow whole; do not crush, chew or dissolve
  • do not take more than 10 caplets in 24 hours

children under 12 years

ask a doctor

Rebecca L.
Maysville, WV
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I hate having the flu but this product makes it a little bit more bearable. It works so fast and last 24 hours. I don't get the flu very often but when I do I go to my local pharmacy and pick up some of this medicine it works wonders.
Nicole S.
Phoenix
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
My family has used this product when we get colds. Works well. Keeps you going through the day. Thankfully we don't get sick very often so we don't need it that much. I would recommend this to others.
Myra H.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 4
I bought this when I was fighting a horrible cold that gave me some serious congestion. Id had a lot of luck with Tylenol cold products in the past so I tried this and wasn't as happy with the results as I expected. It did nothing for my congestion even though nasal and chest congestion are listed as symptoms that it relieves. I did benefit from the acetaminophen which helped with body aches. Overall though was not satisfied with the product and wouldn't purchase again
Rochelle N.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I was sick for about 4 days and I'm so glad that I tried this medicine. It was effective in my own personal use. I like that it was quite easy to swallow because I'm not the best at swallowing pills. Doesn't have a bad taste, its honestly a tiny bit sweet. I felt better within the use of this along with other natural remedies to get over my cold.
Rochelle N.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I always get a cold when it is back to school season. This product has been one of my favorite cold & flu medicine for a few years. It doesn't taste like anything bad and it's easy to swallow. I used to have a hard time swallowing pills but this Tylenol tablet is just fine for me. I usually purchase this at a Vons or CVS pharmacy.
Jenna D.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
These work great! They were a life saver for me this past winter. I was sick A LOT and I had these handy. Averagely priced... similar to competing brands. The year easy to take and start working quickly! Definitely relieve flu symptoms. I recommend them.
Piyali B.
San Jose, CA
I usually take this once or twice a day for the first few days I feel sick and it definitely shortens my sickness time significantly. You can buy it at basically any drugstore, it's very affordable and I highly recommend this for when you get sick.
Kathie L.
Ozark , MO
With the flu just hitting everyone in our family, I don't think we would have survived with out this. It totally helped reduce fevers, chills, coughs, congestion, headaches, noses. It did it all, helping is all. Sleep peacefully without killing each other.
Marisha A.
Raymore, MO
I always make sure i have this in my cabinet. This stuff is a life saver to help you stay at work when you feel terribly sick.
I don't get my flu shot every year, i just buy this and make sure i have it when i feel it coming on.
Haley G.
Whenever I get a cold or the flu, I always reach for Tylenol. It keeps my symptoms at bay and I am able to make it throughout the day. It doesn't take long to kick in and works well when it does. Would definitely recommend
Christine C.
is this effective for cold and headaches