Tylenol® Cold + Flu Severe Caplets uploaded by Myra H.

BY TYLENOL #64 in Cough, Cold, & Flu

Convenient caplets to tackle your tough cold and flu symptoms by clearing congestion, quieting coughs and relieving head and body aches.

Acetaminophen

Dextromethorphan HBr 10 mg in each caplet
Guaifenesin 200 mg in each caplet
Phenylephrine HCl 5 mg in each caplet

Inactive ingredients

carnauba wax, croscarmellose sodium, D&C yellow no. 10 aluminum lake, flavor, hydroxypropyl cellulose, hypromellose, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, pregelatinized starch, sucralose, titanium dioxide.

Uses:

• for the temporary relief of the following cold/flu symptoms:
  • minor aches and pains
  • headache
  • sore throat
  • nasal congestion
  • cough
  • helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to make coughs more productive
  • temporarily reduces fever

Warnings

Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. The maximum daily dose of this product is 10 caplets (3,250 mg acetaminophen) in 24 hours. Severe liver damage may occur if you take

• more than 4,000 mg of acetaminophen in 24 hours
  • with other drugs containing acetaminophen
  • 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product

• skin reddening
  • blisters
  • rash

If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.

Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nasea or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.

Do not use

• if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
  • if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients.

Ask a doctor before use if you have

• liver disease
  • heart disease
  • high blood pressure
  • thyroid disease
  • diabetes
  • trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
  • persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis or emphysema
  • cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)

When using this product do not exceed recommended dose

Stop use and ask a doctor if

• nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occur
  • pain, nasal congestion or cough gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
  • fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
  • redness or swelling is present
  • new symptoms occur
  • cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts

These could be signs of a serious condition.

If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.

Keep out of reach of children.

Overdose warning: In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. (1-800-222-1222). Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.

Questions or comments? call 1-877-895-3665 (toll-free) or 215-273-8755 (collect)

This website contains current product information and may differ from the information on the product packaging you may have. If you have any questions, please contact the Consumer Care Center at 1-877-895-3665.

Directions

• do not take more than directed (see overdose warning)

adults and children 12 years and over

• take 2 caplets every 4 hours
  • swallow whole; do not crush, chew or dissolve
  • do not take more than 10 caplets in 24 hours

children under 12 years

ask a doctor

Buy on Harmon ...*
Kathie W.
Ozark, MO
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
With the flu just hitting everyone in our family, I don't think we would have survived with out this. It totally helped reduce fevers, chills, coughs, congestion, headaches, noses. It did it all, helping is all. Sleep peacefully without killing each other.
Rochelle N.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I was sick for about 4 days and I'm so glad that I tried this medicine. It was effective in my own personal use. I like that it was quite easy to swallow because I'm not the best at swallowing pills. Doesn't have a bad taste, its honestly a tiny bit sweet. I felt better within the use of this along with other natural remedies to get over my cold.
Nicole S.
Phoenix
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
My family has used this product when we get colds. Works well. Keeps you going through the day. Thankfully we don't get sick very often so we don't need it that much. I would recommend this to others.
Myra H.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 4
I bought this when I was fighting a horrible cold that gave me some serious congestion. Id had a lot of luck with Tylenol cold products in the past so I tried this and wasn't as happy with the results as I expected. It did nothing for my congestion even though nasal and chest congestion are listed as symptoms that it relieves. I did benefit from the acetaminophen which helped with body aches. Overall though was not satisfied with the product and wouldn't purchase again
Tiffini B.
Crawfordsvlle, IN
I recently bought these because they were on closeout at my local Krogers. I haven't had to use them until a few days ago and let me tell you, if it wasn't for this cold medicine I'm not sure I would have made it through 2 days of work plus my internship! they seriously work like magic! I had an awful sore throat and ear ache that it made it hard to even have the energy to get up and go to work. well I immediately took two of these when I woke up and within an hour I was feeling 10 times better! looks like I might have fought off this pesky cold without a prescription ;)!
Kristin K.
Pine Island, MN
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
This stuff works great for when I get a cold. It acts pretty fast, lasts almost all day, and doesn't make me drowsy. Definitely would recommend if you're feeling under he weather.
Daniella E.
Long Beach, CA
By no means should this product be used to "cure" your cold. This is more of an aide for those that like to fight through their cold on their own. It does alleviate your symptoms which as a result makes your day more bearable if you have to go to work or school lol
From experience, this is not very helpful for congestion, id recommend mucinex for that.
Other than that, this does help
Lauren S.
Farmington, MN
I think these work well. I definitely prefer mucinex and think that does a better job but these will also do the trick. They are affordable and they meet my expectations. I would buy again if I had a cold.
Brandy W.
Kingsport, TN
This is about the only medicine that helps mt cold as it comes on a few times a year for me at least. It slightly cools your throat when it goes down and in a short while symptoms subside temporarily.
Kelcey R.
This stuff is a life saver! Being pregnant and breast feeding for the past year and 9 months you have to be careful what medicines you take! Doctor said Tylenol products are fine! When I got sick in the winter this worked like a charm. Got to get healthy for those babies!
Christine C.
is this effective for cold and headaches