Tylenol® Cold + Flu Severe Caplets

by Tylenol

Convenient caplets to tackle your tough cold and flu symptoms by clearing congestion, quieting coughs and relieving head and body aches.

Acetaminophen

Dextromethorphan HBr 10 mg in each caplet
Guaifenesin 200 mg in each caplet
Phenylephrine HCl 5 mg in each caplet

Inactive ingredients

carnauba wax, croscarmellose sodium, D&C yellow no. 10 aluminum lake, flavor, hydroxypropyl cellulose, hypromellose, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, pregelatinized starch, sucralose, titanium dioxide.

Uses:

• for the temporary relief of the following cold/flu symptoms:
  • minor aches and pains
  • headache
  • sore throat
  • nasal congestion
  • cough
  • helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to make coughs more productive
  • temporarily reduces fever

Warnings

Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. The maximum daily dose of this product is 10 caplets (3,250 mg acetaminophen) in 24 hours. Severe liver damage may occur if you take

• more than 4,000 mg of acetaminophen in 24 hours
  • with other drugs containing acetaminophen
  • 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product

• skin reddening
  • blisters
  • rash

If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.

Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nasea or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.

Do not use

• if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
  • if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients.

Ask a doctor before use if you have

• liver disease
  • heart disease
  • high blood pressure
  • thyroid disease
  • diabetes
  • trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
  • persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis or emphysema
  • cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)

When using this product do not exceed recommended dose

Stop use and ask a doctor if

• nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occur
  • pain, nasal congestion or cough gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
  • fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
  • redness or swelling is present
  • new symptoms occur
  • cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts

These could be signs of a serious condition.

If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.

Keep out of reach of children.

Overdose warning: In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. (1-800-222-1222). Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.

Questions or comments? call 1-877-895-3665 (toll-free) or 215-273-8755 (collect)

This website contains current product information and may differ from the information on the product packaging you may have. If you have any questions, please contact the Consumer Care Center at 1-877-895-3665.

Directions

• do not take more than directed (see overdose warning)

adults and children 12 years and over

• take 2 caplets every 4 hours
  • swallow whole; do not crush, chew or dissolve
  • do not take more than 10 caplets in 24 hours

children under 12 years

ask a doctor

is this effective for cold and headaches
Start your review of Tylenol® Cold + Flu Severe Caplets!
How would you rate this product?
louisville, ky
My go to cold and flu medicine! I use this whenever I start to feel like I am getting a cold and it works within the hour! Very affordable for the number of caplets you get. I love that this pack comes with both daytime and nighttime meds so there is no need to purchase separate medicines!
Bluffton, IN
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
Tylenol® Cold + Flu Severe Caplets uploaded by Ashley W.
Purchased at: Walmart
Your main needs for cold and flu in one pill! Unfortunately, it is that time of the year when cold and flu will be knocking on your door. For me, Tylenol Cold and flu is a must for your medicine cabinet. If you are feeling under the weather, this over the counter medicine takes care of the majority of what could have you sick and in bed. Just a great thing to have on hand.
leander
Idk why I never discovered these sooner! Out of all medicines I have tried during flu season this was the only one where I would take it and actually feel a difference the next day! It doesn’t completely cure me but it does help with lessening the symptoms!
Milwaukee, WI
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I really liked this medicine. I feel that it’s non drowsy, fast working & effective, all while being inexpensive. It comes in pill form, & you take 2 at a time. After a few days if consistently taking this, I’m feeling so much better.
Martinez, GA
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
This is a saving grace when those severe sinus infections or the flu hits. My family has always trusted Tylenol, so I haven’t strayed away & it hasn’t let me down! I am always satisfied with their products and this is no different.
Arlington, VA
Tylenol never fails me when I have a cold. I immediately notice the cough and runny nose fade away. Make sure you get the one that says “severe”. It’s a reasonable price and I highly recommend this product
Dublin, OH
I think these caplets are effective at managing the symptoms that come with colds and flus. I like that they are in valley form because then it doesn’t taste as bad. This product is also affordable.
Ashtabula, OH
Tylenol is not usually my choice for a pain reliever but this stuff is gold! I have frequent sinus issues and sinus related headaches. This medicine helps clear up my congestion and ease the pain.
This is my go to when I have a cold. It relieves my symptoms and discomfort . I don’t feel drowsy like I do with other cold medications. It’s effective and will definitely help you feel better .
Redmond, WA
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
Tylenol is always my go to over the counter pain relief. I usually take Tylenol PM but when I’m really sick the cold+flu is really good and it does make me feel better.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...