Tylenol® Cold + Cough + Runny Nose Grape Oral Suspension uploaded by Michelle N.

BY TYLENOL

Grape flavored liquid to tackle your child’s tough multi-symptom cold by temporarily relieving runny noses and headaches, quieting coughs and reducing fever. Children’s TYLENOL® Cold + Cough + Runny Nose contains acetaminophen.

For children ages 6 to 11 years.

Active ingredients (in each 5 mL)

Acetaminophen 160 mg
Chlorpheniramine maleate 1 mg
Dextromethorphan HBr 5 mg

Purpose

Pain reliever/fever reducer
Antihistamine
Cough suppressant

Inactive ingredients

anhydrous citric acid, D&C red no. 33, FD&C blue no. 1, FD&C red no. 40, flavors, glycerin, microcrystalline cellulose and carboxymethylcellulose sodium, purified water, sodium benzoate, sorbitol solution, sucrose, xanthan gum

Uses:

temporarily relieves the following cold/flu symptoms:

minor aches and pains

headache

sore throat

sneezing and runny nose

cough

temporarily reduces fever

Warnings

Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if your child takes

• more than 5 doses in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
  • with other drugs containing acetaminophen

• skin reddening
  • blisters
  • rash

If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.

Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.

Do not use

• to make a child sleepy
  • in a child who is taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your child’s prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before giving this product.
  • if your child has ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients

Ask a doctor before use if your child has

• liver disease
  • a breathing problem such as chronic bronchitis
  • glaucoma
  • persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with asthma
  • cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)

Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if your child is

• taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
  • taking sedatives or tranquilizers

When using this product

• do not exceed recommended dose (see overdose warning)
  • marked drowsiness may occur
  • sedatives and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
  • excitability may occur, especially in children

Stop use and ask a doctor if

• pain or cough gets worse or lasts more than 5 days
  • fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
  • new symptoms occur
  • redness or swelling is present
  • cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts

These could be signs of a serious condition.

Keep out of reach of children.

Directions

• this product does not contain directions or complete warnings for adult use
  • do not give more than directed (see overdose warning)
  • shake well before using
  • mL = milliliter
  • find the right dose on the chart below. If possible, use weight to dose; otherwise, use age
  • remove the child protective cap and squeeze your child’s dose into the dosing cup
  • repeat dose every 4 hours, while symptoms last
under 4 years
do not use
36-47
4 to 5 years
do not use unless directed by a doctor
48-95
6 to 11 years
10 mL

*or as directed by a doctor

Attention: use only enclosed dosing cup specifically designed for use with this product. Do not use any other dosing device.

Tarah C.
Van Buren, OH
This is one of my go - to products for when my child is sick. It helps clear up a runny nose or a cough in a couple days if used properly/ every 8 hours. It's affordable and easy to use and even comes with a syringe. My child does not have a problem with the taste and usually likes it, so it's a win for moms & kids!
Rosanna W.
Davenport , FL
Works great and helps my children out wonderfully when they are sick and if very effective never disapoints ever. It is one of the best products that is over the counter out there. I only use this when they really need it and I would buy it again and again.
celica g.
If you're a mother you know this is a must have product. I can say Tylenol is a most highly recommended over the counter medicine for children. It works great and is non alcoholic. Please be sure to read fine prints though.
Lisa M.
Fruita, CO
This is my go to for my kids this season as they keep getting sick. It’s so horrible to watch them feel so miserable and this definitely helps them to at least be able to get some sleep.
Denise J.
Cleveland, OH
I use this Tylenol cold medicine for my kids every time they gets a cold. This works great for them. There cold be gone in less then 3 days or so. I recommend this product to others
Cassie W.
Jamestown, Ca
Tylenol is great at getting my kids fever down and tastes great so there isn’t a struggle to get the kids to take it! Fast acting and great tasting, does it get any better?
Malinda S.
Upper Darby, PA
There are many different products on the Market for small children, but Tylenol is the only brand I've trusted with all of my children. None of them ever had a bad reaction, it promptly reduced their fever as well as the smirks that were having them so cranky. This product saved me many a sleepless night +
Ivette O.
I remember being a child and this as my mom's go to product to make me feel better. She used to buy it at any drug store close by. I can't say I'm disappointed because it did work for the moment but it seemed to not last for too long. Yeah, I'll still recommend people to buy it.
Lea D.
Philadelphia, PA
I've used this multiple times when my son was a baby and toddler and it was effective. His cold symptoms always eased up and eventually went away. The price point for the product is competitive at the local drug store. I would recommend this product to moms.
Michelle B.
Gilbert, AZ
I can’t say enough about how great this product is! I’m a mother of 4 and It’s been a life saver. Sure, you can buy a no name brand but I prefer to go with the brand I know and trust. For just a dollar or two more I know my children are getting the best!