BY TYLENOL #2 in Children's Pain & Fever Relief

When it comes to reducing fever or relieving pain in children, TYLENOL® is the brand recommended most by pediatricians. Children’s TYLENOL® works differently than other pain and fever medicines. Children’s TYLENOL® contains acetaminophen and is gentle on little stomachs. It also comes in a variety of kid-friendly flavors.

For Children ages 2 to 11 years.

Active ingredient

Acetaminophen 160 mg in each 5 mL

Purpose

Pain reliever/fever reducer

Inactive ingredients

Dye-Free Cherry

anhydrous citric acid, flavors, glycerin, microcrystalline cellulose and carboxymethylcellulose sodium, potassium sorbate, purified water, sorbitol solution, sucralose, sucrose, xanthan gum.

Uses:

• temporarily:
  • reduces fever
  • relieves minor aches and pains due to:
  • the common cold
  • flu
  • headache
  • sore throat
  • toothache

Warnings

Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if your child takes

• more than 5 doses in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
  • with other drugs containing acetaminophen

• skin reddening
  • blisters
  • rash

If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.

Sore throat warning: if sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly

Do not use

• if your child is allergic to acetaminophen or any of the inactive ingredients in this product

Ask a doctor before use if your child has liver disease

Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if your child is taking the blood thinning drug warfarin

When using this product, do not exceed recommended dose (see overdose warning)

Stop use and ask a doctor if

• pain gets worse or lasts more than 5 days
  • fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
  • new symptoms occur
  • redness or swelling is present

These could be signs of a serious condition.

Keep out of reach of children.

Directions

• this product does not contain directions or complete warnings for adult use
  • do not take more than directed (see overdose warning)
  • shake well before using
  • mL = milliliter
  • find the right dose on the chart below. If possible, use weight to dose; otherwise, use age
  • remove the child protective cap and squeeze your child’s dose into the dosing cup
  • repeat dose every 4 hours while symptoms last
12.5 mL
72-95
11 years
15 mL

*or as directed by a doctor

Attention: use only enclosed dosing cup specifically designed for use with this product. Do not use any other dosing device.

• Is this ok for children under 21 Answers
  • My oldest loves the flavor blueberry and I have not seen ...4 Answers
  • "works great for fevers and teething baby." in 2 reviews
Heather C.
Freeport, TX
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
very effective!! i always pick out the dye free, my daughter is sensitive to anything with dyes in it. so i tend to always check! usually hits in 5 mins and her pain or fever is down! super affordable.  makes me happy to see her feeling better!
Aireonna L.
Glendale Heights
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
Unfortunately my son had been taken to the ER twice before he was 3 months old with different viruses. We were advice by the doctors to use this baby Tylenol to help reduce the incredibly high fever my son had. We took the recommended dosage (calculated by weight) every 6 hours as needed. This really helped him out and he was back to normal self in no time!
Sandra C.
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
Tylenol, how could I ever live without you!!? Another brand I've used for years and my family before me. Love this tylenol because my kids dont make that medicine face, they love the cherry flavor and I love (for those tough days when they fight the medicine) that it has no dyes in it. Makes for a faster and easier clean up, no clothing changes needed
Genevieve K.
Monroe, WI
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
It’s surprisingly difficult to find a dye-free fever reducer these days! This is our preferred otc when our little one is running hot. We frequently default to Advil, however, because we’re more likely to find their dye-free formula at our local superstore. She tolerates the cherry flavor, but it’s not her favorite.
Stephanie G.
Boone, NC
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
When my kids have fever , I get them Tylenol the cherry kind, it’s their favorite. Also they have for different ages :) my kids take the one that is for 2 to 11 years of age. That’s what I love about Tylenol! I feel like it’s an average price for medicine. Totally worth having in your cabinet because it works!
Debbie H.
Bellingham
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
Tylenol is our go to fever reducer for our daughter. We have been using it since she was an infant. It reduces her fever very rapidly and helps calm her when she is not feeling well. It is affordable which make sit ver accessible to all parents. We are very satisfied and recommend tylenol to all parents.
Shanna P.
Dawsonville, GA
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
This is my go to medicine for my babies! They never have a problem taking it. They love this flavor. And it doesnt have any added dyes or colors. One bottle lasts a pretty long time and it always makes my babies feel better! Super affordable and you can find it anywhere! Staple in my medicine cabinet!
Kimmee W.
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
I always get dye free because kids are so messy and unpredictable. Half the time the medicine comes right back out all over their clothes! I love children's Tylenol. It helps me kids relieve pain so well. I am a repeat customer 10x over. We always have Children's Tylenol in our house
Taylor L.
Jacksonville, FL
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
I have never had an issue with giving my kids this medicine and they have never reacted negatively. They love the taste, and I like that there aren't dyes in it. It keeps my floor and counters happy. It soothes my kids teething pain and fevers, and for young babies it is a must have.
Lacey W.
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
We got a sample of this from the pediatrician.  It has worked great when my daughter was really fussy (ESPECIALLY TEETHING!)  It did the trick we would definitely buy it again.  Always a good idea to have some around because you never know when you are going to need it.
Jamie K.