BY TWLOHA

TWLOHA
  • "I was so touched that they were there for her and continue you be there for so many others that are overcoming addiction and self harm." in 35 reviews
  • "To raise awareness about an issue that effects so many people worldwide and being able to make a significant impact and change another person's life is such a worthwhile cause." in 26 reviews
  • "raise awareness and spread love and write it on someone's wrist you think might be hurting... That little action could save a life" in 18 reviews
  • "Heard about this in high school and I'm extremely supportive of this group (I have/had close friends who suffered with depression and know of people who committed suicide)." in 15 reviews
  • "I discovered them years ago when I was going through a really, really tough time in my life and they helped me through some tough days without even knowing it." in 14 reviews
Lauren J.
This is my favorite cause to ever exist. Mental health is so important and this one is really close to me. Musicians that I grew up listening to have supported this cause and even influenced me to look into it. Once I did, it felt so relatable and I'll always support this cause. The world sometimes looks at self harm as a joke, but it's so serious. We're all hurting and the little things can easily save someone.
Ashley G.
San Antonio, TX
When my sister told me about TWLOHA I knew I needed to spread the word about this and my sorority was eager to dedicate an entire week for TWLOHA during our Rush and all our new members loved making ribbons for the people who had committed suicide and passing them out to college students and explaining them the importance of TWLOHA's organization. We had a lot of people on campus come up to us and thank us for holding this at our school and actually caring. Next year we plan on raising money and more awareness for this organization and we're very excited :)
Julia D.
Laurel, MD
I've only heard of TWLOHA very recently, but everything I read about it makes me really love what they are trying to do. There is a major, systemic problem with the treatment of mental health issues in our country and this organization is a step in raising awareness and moving us to the right direction. I plan on making a donation to them very soon.
Hannah E.
Bourbonnais, IL
I love this organization because Depression is one of those thins that most people don't think about as a leading cause of death. It also helps people with suicide which has recently become more of a problem in today's society. People just say things not even thinking about what they say, kids are getting bullied more, kids are also getting more vicious with one another. This organization raises awareness to our society and says " Hey, these things happen. It's ok. It's alright to ask for help. Here's more information on the subject."
JORDAN H.
La grande, Or
I have to say I used to be pretty judgmental of people who self mutilated. I could not understand it at all! Then I was in a very serious car wreck. After years of pain I decided one night, "If I'm going to be in this much pain it is going to be because of something I did!" So I went for a run. I made in one block and collapsed. In that moment I understood how pain can affect you and the pain others can't see and don't show compassion for is the worst! This is a great awareness organization for people living in real and deep pain!
Caity C.
This organization brings awareness to a rather touchy subject in such a beautiful way. It has helped thousands of people seek help for their mental illnesses, as well as help those around them who may also be suffering. It's important that we shed light upon the subject of depression and self-harm, I hope one day there will no longer be such a negative stigma with mental illness.
Nicole S.
Loveland, OH
This organization was the first I heard about self harm. I think its mission is an important one, and the organization does great work promoting awareness. Four years ago there was a campaign at my high school that really helped the students feel like they were helping. You could sense how much better people felt supporting people in their community through such a small act.
Emily T.
Old Bridge, NJ
As someone who is affiliated closely with another charity on the Vans Warped Tour, I completely support the messages pushed by TWLOHA. I have seen far too many friends succumb to their depression and I think it's incredible that they raise awareness about the social stigmas behind mental illness and how to help those who are suffering.
Sarah R.
Lewiston, NY
I have been backing this program for years now. I was so happy to come across it when I was in high school and felt like the only person who got sad or depressed...It helped me to not feel alone. As this organization has gained attention, it has continued to drive their positive message and it's amazing to see how many other young teens it has helped!
Georgia P.
Las Vegas, NV
This organization is one that always brings a tear to my eye. I have had a first hand experience with this organization because I was one who needed help. I was on the point where my life was meaningless and I wanted it to be over. But right when I was about to pull the plug on my life I stumbled upon to write love on her arms. It gave me the kick in the butt that I needed to get my life back and I am now someone who volunteers with them to help make a difference. I wouldn't be able to think of a better one!
Erica W.
Middletown, NY
How did you first hear about to write love on her arms?
Meredith B.
What is this organization about?
Jose G.
Mesa, AZ
Is this a suicidal prevention?
Christy O.
Never heard of this organization before but it sounds very awesome. How does someone contribute?
Gabrielle C.
Monroe, NC
Where do I get the appearal to wear and how do I become a member/advocate? Is there a website or something?