BY TWITTER, INC. #30 in Apps

Twitter is a free app that lets you connect with people, express yourself, and discover more about all the things you love. See what your favorite celebs and athletes are chatting about. Be the first to hear breaking news. Catch a glimpse behind the scenes at concerts, sporting events, and more. Then join the conversation: Tweet your own text, photos, and video to your followers — and maybe make a few fans along the way. Get inspired. Be social. Even send private messages to friends. All in real time, as big (and little) things happen, from anywhere you happen to be.

• Anyone want to follow each other to grow our impact score? Mine i...4 Answers
  • Who wants help growing your Influenster Impact? Follow me on Twit...3 Answers
Twitter
  • "Twitter is my right arm, since becoming a parent social media, news papers and magazines are my only way of finding out the local gossip, talking to friends and family and sharing my thoughts and pointless moments." in 57 reviews
  • "great way to get trending news out to your friends and fans, i don't commonly tweet but i love to see what everyones up to and occupy time" in 27 reviews
  • "Despite this, I don't like the only 140 character thing (even though if there were no boundaries it'd be almost useless and annoying). " in 18 reviews
  • "The character limit can be super annoying, but it pushes you to figure out a witty way of getting your message across rather than blabbing on and on." in 14 reviews
  • "I use twitter often its great to share your thoughts and interact with others, follow your favorite celebrities and find opportunities- its amazing hat can come out of one social networking site." in 8 reviews
Jasmine B.
Twitter is the first place that I go to see what is popular or "trending".  I can tweet about my day or follow other people to see what they are talking about.  I really love live tweeting, especially during TGIT.

Thanks in part to Twitter, hashtags have become a major part of modern entertainment.  Nearly every major TV show has it's own hashtag.  It's a good way to keep up with what is happening.

If I could make one change to Twitter, it would be to add an edit button.  All the other major social media apps have them.  After almost 10 years, I think it's time there was an edit button.  I can't stand when I misspell a word in one of my tweets.
Samantha S.
['Melfa ', ''], VA
When I first started using this app, I was not a huge fan. I was very confused. Now I use this app daily and love it. You can tweet literally everything that is on your mind and retweet funny or relatable content. I don't like how you can only post a certain amount of characteristics in the tweet though.
Jasmine-Symone W.
Phoenix, IL
I absolutely love Twitter! I can post pictures and videos, chat with friends, follow my fave celebs, and talk about any and everything i want! I love that they finally extended the character limit, it makes it easier to tweet my friends without having to continue in another tweet. Fun way to pass time!
Kali G.
Peabody, MA
I’m on this app more than I should be. For the most part, the app is easy to use and navigate. Not all features are available as easily as the desktop version of Twitter, but I feel like the app does an excellent job. My app is constantly on Night Mode, which is just a darker version and I love it.
Cassie K.
Inez
I've been using for years now and it's a good way to keep up with happening in the world right now. I share things about my day or this I use this a lot the only thing that would be great is that you could get more characters in a tweet thought but other than that it's a fun app to use.
Patrick M.
Washington, CT
I think Twitter is a great social media platform for people that use it properly. It’s my second favorite behind Instagram.

The problem is Twitter does not do enough to remove terrorist accounts. On top of not removing enough accounts it seems they do not block the IP of the offending terrorist so they cannot create new accounts. The fight against terrorism is largely on the internet and Twitter is a major tool that they use.

For this reason I will not use or support Twitter until they implement harsher measures to protect Americans like myself.
Theresa A.
  Twitter Is much less about family connections or keeping in touch with offline friends than it is about establishing national and global connections in the way I use it.  I find current events from what is trending globally and what is trending locally. I  read breaking stories on Twitter as much as I get from other news sources. This past year especially Twitter has been useful to judge the political climate. I recommend Twitter because it can be used to gain information and also to spread information to a wider audience.
Nikki Y.
I know that this is one of the most popular apps on the market, but it just confuses me so much lol. I never understudy what is going on and I have been using it for a while now. I am hoping that I will catch on one day but for now I will stick with Facebook and Insta
kai f.
I used to use it just to keep up with all my friends but twitter has came such a log way. It’s a huge way we all communicate now and I can even see up to date news, sports and everything else. I can’t even think of any way to make twitter better because it’s already great
Elizabeth R.
Linwood, NC
I love Twitter I am on there pretty much all day and most of the night, they are wonderful and I can easily post any message. My only issues come from being locked out because it thinks I'm a bot if I post too much or am posting from different IP addresses.
Brittany S.
Woodstock, ON
Do you follow friends and family, or celebrities and trends?
salvatore b.
North Bergen, NJ
Have you ever won a contest via twitter?
Erica A.
San Marcos, TX
Do you think twitter is helpful in maintaining friendships and keeping in contact with friends and family or mainly for entertainment purposes?
Jazmin C.
Have any of you influensters ever won a prize from a Twitter party?
Lizzie C.