BY TWININGS OF LONDON

Legend has it that my ancestor, the second Earl Grey, was presented with this exquisite recipe by an envoy on his return from China. He liked it so much he asked Richard Twining to recreate it for him. Richard did so and the blend would become known throughout the world as Earl Grey tea. Although it's hard to top an original, our continuous pursuit of a new and unique teas brought forth Lady Grey tea- a softer, more elegant version of Earl Grey tea developed exclusively for Twinings.

This aromatic blend starts with the teas carefully selected from distinct regions, each with their own unique characteristics. This light, mild taste originates from teas grown in the humid, subtropical climates of China and Central Africa, while low-grown teas from India provide its bright amber colour. Orange peel, lemon peel and other citrus fruit flavours are then added to yield a fresh, uplifting tea that just may become one of your new favourites.

Ingredients

Black tea
Orange peel
Lemon peel
Natural citrus flavour with other natural flavours

Brewing Time

LOOSE TEA: Use 1 teaspoon of loose tea in a strainer per cup (6-8oz). If making tea in a teapot and an infuser is not used, pour through a strainer. Brew 3 minutes or to desired taste.

Eileen T.
Pittsburgh, PA
A lot of the other reviewers describe this as basic, sort of low-end but decent tea--I think it goes beyond that. It is strong and it will get bitter if the brewing temperature is too high--so don't let the water boil! My husband and I have been drinking this tea for years now, and while we've tried much more expensive teas such as Teavana, we keep coming back to this over and over. It's our favorite and if it's brewed just right it has a tangy, smoky complexity that's just unbeatable. I always get sick of drinking other teas after awhile, but I never, ever get tired of this one. I drink it throughout the day--it's good hot or iced. How nice to find it on Amazon in bulk.
McKenzie O.
Pace, FL
This is my "I feel like a pretty princess" tea. All the glory of an Earl Grey, with beautiful orange blossom notes. It's nice and light, an easy sipper any time of day. I usually drink a strong breakfast blend in the morning, so this is a nice caffeine lift for in the afternoons. And the tin it's packaged in is really cute and takes up minimal space in the cabinet.
Taylor E.
Anyone who knows me knows that I am a coffee and tea fanatic! Twining's is one of my all time favorite teas because it's relatively inexpensive while still providing the classic, bold flavors I'm looking for. Their Lady Grey Tea is just one of their many amazing products and I would certainly recommend it to anyone who is considering buying this tea!
Sarah P.
I love this brand and the taste of their earl grey. However, loose tea is not for me. The tea bags are easier for people who are always on the go and in a hurry in the morning. I probably wouldn't buy this version again.
Alex H.
Fern Bch, FL
I'm a huge fan of Twinings Earl Grey tea, so when I first encountered Lady Grey tea I was totally on board. The flavor is definitely more floral, only floating with notes of the familiar Earl Grey. It's one to go in understanding that it is its own tea and not an Earl Grey derivative.
Pam W.
I am a huge fan of Twinings Lady Grey Tea.it is a black tea with a twist of orange & spices. I prefer loose tea as opposed to tea bags so I can better control how weak or dark my tea is. Loose tea lasts longer and is much more economical. If you are a fan of black teas, you must try Lady Grey!
Missy L.
Nipomo, CA
This is my favorite tea ever. I don't like super strong black tea, and I don't put sugar in anymore. But this has a refreshing light flavor to it and it's equally good cold as it is hot. I love it with milk in it hot, and plain for iced. The loose tea is really nice and the tin is great to reuse.
Laura D.
Richmond, BC
I love Twinings tea. It's always my go to, and lady grey has recently become my favorite tea. Early grey was always what I would grab when going for tea, but I love the soft subtle flavor of Lady Grey.
Kara G.
I cannot tell you enough about how much I love this brand and this flavor. This flavor is exclusive to Twinings and I love it. It is citrusy and has a flowery hint to it, it is also nice and smooth.
clara m.
Casa grande , AZ
I absolutely love this tea and it's so soothing and perfect for winter time! Can take it on the go or perfect for the office or even school! Very small and easy to take everywhere you would like :) enjoy
Leah D.
Yorktown, Indiana
Is this a good tea?
Kim P.
Anaheim , CA
What's the difference between earl grey tea and lady grey tea??