BY TWININGS OF LONDON

Despite its name, this tea does not contain orange flavour. “Orange Pekoe” is a term used to grade the size and quality of dried black tea leaves. “Ceylon” is the previous name of the country from where it is grown, now Sri Lanka, a small island in the Indian Ocean. Sri Lankan tea is unique because the country's hot, sunny climate is perfectly balanced with the right amount of rain to yield teas with a wide range of flavour and colour.

Our blend is created by carefully selecting the finest teas from the high-altitude district of Dimbula, which give this tea its bright, golden colour and crisp, refreshing taste.

Ingredients

Fine black tea expertly selected from the Dimbula district in Sri Lanka.

Brewing Time

HOT TEA: Pour freshly boiled water over tea bag and allow brewing for 3 minutes depending on your desired strength. Enjoy sweetened or plain –the choice is yours.

REFRESHING ICED TEA: To make 1 Quart of Iced Tea, use 4 tea bags, brew as suggested above using 4 cups of water. Allow to cool then serve over ice.

LOOSE TEA: Use 1 teaspoon of loose tea in a strainer per cup (6-8oz). If making tea in a teapot and an infuser is not used, pour through a strainer. Brew 3 minutes or to desired taste.

*We do not recommend using a microwave to boil your cup of water because over-boiling will cause oxygen to be reduced, making the tea taste flat.

Emily S.
Cleveland , TN
I am from the United States, but I spend 2.5 months in Europe. I grew accustomed to their heavenly tea. Upon returning the United States instantly missed the tea. This loose leaf tea satisfies my cravings and is a reasonable price. Herbal under-taste with a strong refreshing tea flavor. Great price. Great deal!
Ella K.
New City, NY
This is my go to tea. I drink it nearly every day, and I take it with a bit of sugar. It's the perfect thing to warm my core on the way to school. It is a wonderful, fruity herbal tea and I highly recommend it.
Hallee R.
Billerica, MA
My favorite tea. Tastes great, has a distinct flavor, definitely good value and very affordable. Always buy again and again because it's great for before bed. I don't see anything wrong with it and love it. I definitely recommend it to anyone who loves tea!
Laura D.
Cos Cob, CT
This is a full bodied, loose black tea. It is NOT tea bags!!! I prefer loose tea. I have bags that I fill and then can make pots of tea without leaves floating around. I also have diffusers. This tea is much more flavorful than Twinings tea bags, so I prefer it. But tea is like wine, there are so many varieties within each category that you can really get very special subtleties with each brand. I suggest comparing loose teas. You may find that Twinings is okay, but not great.
Bree F.
Baden, PA
I have to say I am quite the tea connoisseur and I have to say this is one of my favorite citrus teas. It's very flavorful and I personally love it as an after dinner tea.
Alyssa H.
Rochester, NY
Twinings Origins Loose Tea is a great way to get a nicer quality tea without breaking bank.

Most of their loose teas are plain black teas - which can be boring for some. I like to blend them with my own spices (cardamom, cinnamon, clove, etc.) to make them more exciting. Overall, a great value for the product.
Andrea T.
miami, FL
This is one of the best brands of tea I have tried, and this Ceylon orange pekoe is llike traditional black tea, you can enjoy it with or without milk, hot or cold.
Maryam A.
One of the best loose teas you can buy in an American supermarket. the tin will keep the tea fresh for a long time and protect it from light. I love the taste as well
I love loose leaf tea because it always seems to taste better and this tea is so great! You can really taste the orange peeking through and it is a great tea to wake up with! I would definitely recommend this product to any tea lover!
Aryn W.
Rochester, NY
I love to drink tea, any tea. From white to green to black, it's delicious. I love to use loose tea on occasion because it makes it feel like a sophisticated ritual.

Amazon