BY TWININGS OF LONDON

This tea was specifically created by Twinings for HRH The Prince of Wales in 1921, who later became King Edward VIII. This special blend combines teas carefully selected from the Jiangxi, Anhui and Yunnan provinces in China where their high altitude and mountain mists help protect the tea bush from excessive sunlight, forming conditions ideal for tea leaf and bud development. Joined together with tea from the Hunan province, these teas create an aromatic blend that is brownish-red in color and has a light, mild taste and slightly woody characteristic.

Perfect for a cool autumn day or a cold winter night, this smooth, mellow tea will leave you feeling renewed.

Ingredients

Fine black tea expertly selected from the Hunan, Jiangxi, Anhui and Yunnan provinces in China.

Brewing Time

HOT TEA: Pour freshly boiled water over tea bag and allow brewing for 3 minutes depending on your desired strength. Enjoy sweetened or plain –the choice is yours.

TWININGS® OF London Prince of Wales Tea Bags
  • "I like really strong black tea normally so this tends to be a little weaker however if I brew it in really boiling hot water and let it steep for a long time it is okay." in 3 reviews
  • "I love this tea for days when I am tired of english or irish breakfast tea." in 1 review
Áine R.
I tried this at a friend’s house as it was the only English-type black tea they had, and I didn’t want to try something more unfamiliar and not like it. Unfortunately I actually did not like this one, as I am more used to the Irish or English Breakfast teas and I like those very strong. This tea blend is naturally a weaker tea (which I have only found out recently) and even though I accidentally over brewed it, it still produced a very weak and sort of in enjoyable cup.
Kim C.
Purchased at: Amazon
A good solid tea. This blend has a mild tea taste which can be enjoyed with or without milk. I have a hard time finding this blend in the store so it’s on auto ship from Amazon. I drink this for breakfast before work with a small amount of milk.
Patricia T.
Rockford, IL
This is my go to tea at night when I am winding down for the evening. It's relaxing and mellow. It's soothing and smooth and I love drinking it. It is by far one of my favorite types of tea and Twinings is my favorite brand!
B B.
New favorite! I'm notorious for over-steeping black tea and ruining the entire cup. This is a light blend with a classic flavor that allows me to walk away from my mug for a few minutes and return to perfection.
Jessica E.
Dunmore, PA
I am a fan of this one although it is very light. I like really strong black tea normally so this tends to be a little weaker however if I brew it in really boiling hot water and let it steep for a long time it is okay.
Lindsey J.
High Point, NC
Honestly the Prince of Wales is one of the best black teas that Twinnings makes. It's very smooth like an oolong but has a nice taste like Lady Early Gray. I highly recommend this product.
Holly W.
Lockport , NY
I love this tea for days when I am tired of english or irish breakfast tea. I brew it with boiling water and let it steep for 5 minutes since it is a lighter tea.
Stephanie P.
Chattanooga, TN
This is by far the best black tea I have ever had. It's not overwhelmingly strong and it doesn't leave that bitter feeling in my mouth that some do. I would drink this tea every day.
Jasmine F.
Mckinney, TX
I do love the smokiness and depth of flavor of this tea. It is the next best thing to a dram of good Scotch whisky from Islay as a morning beverage. The Laphroaig of teas, if you will.
Alyssa M.
This Twinnings brand tea is a great black tea! It's not too strong , it really is a a lighter blend tea :) It's very relaxing and has a great flavor.
Brianna D.
Old Westbury, New York
What does this taste like ?