BY TWININGS OF LONDON

Lapsang Souchong, also referred to as smoked tea, is one of the worlds’ oldest and most distinctive black teas. The tea is grown in the Wuyi Mountains in the Fujian Province of China and is made by only a select number of estates. Once a very secretive process, Lapsang Souchong is prepared using the same manual techniques today that have been passed down from generation to generation.

After the tea is plucked, the leaves are withered over cypress or pine wood fires. They are later placed into barrels so that the smoky aroma intensifies. As a final step, the leaves are placed into flat wicker baskets and positioned on bamboo trays over smoky pine fires, where they dry and absorb even more aroma. The finished tea leaves are thick and black and when steeped in hot water, produce a rich tea with a unique, smoky taste.

Ingredients

Fine black tea expertly selected from the Fujian province, China.

Brewing Time

HOT TEA: Pour freshly boiled water over tea bag and allow brewing for 3 minutes depending on your desired strength. Enjoy sweetened or plain –the choice is yours.

• Has anyone tried this? What did you think about it, how s...1 Answers
Haley Q.
Austin, TX
A simple black tea with lots of flavor, and a nice kick in the morning as well. It's affordable, easy to access (found at most grocery stores), and easy to recognize due to the marketing and packaging. I love giving Twinings tea as gifts, as well.
Allyson L.
Upper Chichester , PA
My FAVORITE tea!!! I used to be able to find this in store but it's become more difficult over the years. I got a whole case for Christmas. Nice full bodied smokey black tea. Excellent. I usually try to make most people try this.
Jess L.
Staten Island, NY
This tea has such a unique flavor! It's got a smokey taste to it ( I know that sounds kinda gross for a tea, but we aren't talking about a bacon smokey flavor) I would recommend trying it at least once.
Amethyst F.
Tinton Falls, NJ
I normally love the fruit Tea flavors twining makes. But trying this tea for yeb first time , I would absolutely but it again. It's a savory tea option with its smOkey undertones. Must try at least once, you'd be surprised
Jenesse K.
Boston, MA
Twinings is one of my favorite tea brands and this flavor is great. It's a black tea with great flavor and awesome if you're looking for tea like in a Chinese restaurant. Highly recommend!
Alexandra P.
This stuff isn't for me, but my husband does like it. It had a very strong, almost whiskey like, smoky aroma that will fill your whole tea drawer.
Doreen M.
Niagara Falls, NY
Love Twinings Teas. this is one of my favorites, smokey undertones it is an acquired taste but I would highly recommend to give it a try
Tricia P.
Oakland, CA
I enjoy this tea very much,soothing taste but also very bold.I like to drink a cup before going to bed every night.
Jessica B.
Tastes great love this line of products I purchased a lot of teas from this company would recommend
Melissa E.
Anoka, MN
I Love my tea, and Twinings is a good brand! They carry huge variety of flavors - this one is good!
Julie F.
Has anyone tried this? What did you think about it, how strong is it in comparison to like the English or Irish breakfast teas?