TWININGS® OF London Lady Grey® Tea Bags

by Twinings of London

Legend has it that my ancestor, the second Earl Grey, was presented with this exquisite recipe by an envoy on his return from China. He liked it so much he asked Richard Twining to recreate it for him. Richard did so and the blend would become known throughout the world as Earl Grey tea. Although it's hard to top an original, our continuous pursuit of a new and unique teas brought forth Lady Grey tea- a softer, more elegant version of Earl Grey tea developed exclusively for Twinings.

This aromatic blend starts with the teas carefully selected from distinct regions, each with their own unique characteristics. This light, mild taste originates from teas grown in the humid, subtropical climates of China and Central Africa, while low-grown teas from India provide its bright amber colour. Orange peel, lemon peel and other citrus fruit flavours are then added to yield a fresh, uplifting tea that just may become one of your new favourites.

Ingredients

Black tea
Orange peel
Lemon peel
Natural citrus flavour with other natural flavours

Brewing Time

HOT TEA: Pour freshly boiled water over tea bag and allow brewing for 3 minutes depending on your desired strength. Enjoy sweetened or plain –the choice is yours.

Didn't try this yet. Is this as good as the Earl gray they sell?
What makes this different from earl grey tea? Is this better or are they basically the same ?
Is the taste similar to Earl Grey?
Start your review of TWININGS® OF London Lady Grey® Tea Bags!
Product Highlights
“Still has the wonderful aroma along with the unique flavor.” in reviews
“Had to stop buying the variety pack from our local store and just start buying it in bulk online, because I was neglecting the other teas!” in reviews
“Hipster quote, I liked lady grey tea before 50 shades!” in reviews
“i am a big fan of tea, mostly hot tea.” in reviews
Antioch, TN
So I'm going to admit right out of the gate that I am a tea snob. I have a couple of friends from England that send me tea because what you can get in the States is not strong enough for my tastes. Most of the time when I make a cup of tea I use Yorkshire Gold but occasionally I want Lady grey and I use bags sent from England because the stuff you get in the States is stale and doesn't have much oil left in the tea. That said if you can get your hands on the good stuff it is marvelous. Lady Grey is delicate with a hint of citrus. It is sublime with a touch of milk added. Forget the sugar. Forget the honey and just enjoy the perfume of the tea.
TWININGS® OF London Lady Grey® Tea Bags: I drink this tea nearly ever morning it’s so good! The price is fair for what you get so I never hesitate to buy a pack. I enjoy mixing it with cream to wake me up in the morning. I also like how it recommends a steep time and gives you the relative amount of caffeine in it.
Sterling Hts, MI
I wasn’t too quick to try this tea, mainly because I knew which teas I liked and I stuck to them! But I went to a tea house and they served this tea so I tried it. My goodness! If elegant could be a smell I’d say Lady Grey smells it! Such a great taste. You can taste the citrus from lemon peel and orange peel. And of course that hint of bergamot to tie it all together. I really recommend trying this tea.
La Junta, CO
This is my favorite tea, especially for iced tea. It's hard to find individually sometimes but you can always purchase it on the internet. I love the bags and the loose tea. The price is always reasonable. The flavor is amazing. I purchase this regularly, if wanting a little kick as some of your favorite whisky and milk in a hot version. It's a nice way to cuddle up and watch a movie.
Thornton, CO
If you like Earl Grey tea but find it to be a little too strong then this is the tea for you. First, this tea is very affordable which is always nice. Second, the flavor is slightly lighter than that of Earl Grey teas while still offering a nice amount of caffeine and flavor. It is also fairly easy to find in stores which I always appreciate. I would recommend trying it.
Newport, TN
This is the caffeine and taste of Earl Gray with a nice burst of citrus. It's more of an orange burst. I really enjoy sipping on this tea. I used to only find it in a varietal box they had until I found it in store the other day. I was so happy to get a whole box of it. I hope you enjoy yours too! TWININGS® OF London Lady Grey® Tea Bags
My favorite tea flavor and so good. I love the flavor and the taste and the price is amazing. They are usually on sale which is even better. I love the brand all around but really all tea is yummy to me.It is an affordable drink and I buy it year round and perfect for the morning or even the afternoon and the taste is good and yummy
Johnson
Purchased at: Walmart
I have always loved tea and anything twinings you can’t go wrong! Lady grey by far is my favorite tea to relax with some honey added. It is on the stronger side for sensitive/caffeine drinkers. But I can drink it right before bed and sleep with no problem. Will continue to buy and recommend!
Warrior, AL
TWININGS® OF London Lady Grey® Tea Bags uploaded by Miranda S.
Purchased at: Publix
TWININGS® OF London Lady Grey® Tea Bags is nice for a lovely afternoon tea. I add a bit of cream and pair with some fresh baked oat cakes. Yummy. This tea is reasonably priced and a quality brand. I like that Twinings has the recommended steep time, and the caffeine content printed on the box.
This was the first Lady Gray type tea I ever had and I loved the unique flavor! However, after purchasing a higher end version of this type, there is really no comparison. Though I would drink it if someone offered it to me, it is well worth the money to get a good quality loose leaf tea.