TWININGS® OF London Earl Grey Tea Bags

Twinings has been blending my family tea for years. Legend has it that my ancestor, the second Earl Grey, was presented with this exquisite recipe by an envoy on his return from China. He liked it so much he asked Richard Twining to recreate it for him. Generations of my family have enjoyed Earl Grey tea and today, I am proud to continue the tradition with the tea celebrated throughout the world known as Twining Earl Grey.

At Twinings, we take great care to ensure that the Earl Grey you drink today tastes as extraordinary as the one Richard Twining first created. Fresh, fragrant and flavoured with the distinctive notes of citrus and bergamot.

Ingredients

Black tea
Natural citrus flavour with other natural flavours

Brewing Time

HOT TEA: Pour freshly boiled water over tea bag and allow brewing for 3 minutes depending on your desired strength. Enjoy sweetened or plain –the choice is yours.

Do you prefer to drink this tea in the morning or afternoon?
Which is better, Sugar or Honey , to sweeten this tea?
Start your review of TWININGS® OF London Earl Grey Tea Bags!
Product Highlights
“Got a box of Twinnings Earl Grey and local honey as a housewarming gift, definitely starting that tradition for my friends” in reviews
“This is my absolute favorite style of tea.” in reviews
Louisville, KY
Purchased at: Kroger
The aroma after this teabag or loose leaf has saturated in boiled water is wonderful! I don't feel it necessary to add any garnishes or herbs with this tea. I have been purchasing this #tea for years now & highly recommend this product if buying from your local grocery store. Bonus* Easy to find & large variety of flavors. #CozyCup TWININGS™ OF LONDON Earl Grey Loose Tea #NeverShopAlone #ShopSquad #influenster #PerfectforHolidays
Georgia
TWININGS® OF London Earl Grey Tea Bags uploaded by Sarah L.
Purchased at: Walmart
This tea is so good. It gives me a lot of energy. I drink a hot cup of this every morning. It has a very distinct taste. I love this brand because it is bolder than the rest. I heat my water and then put it in my pretty tea pot. I put two tea bags in my tea cup and pour the hot water on top of the bags. I let it steep for 10 minutes.
Colorado Spgs, CO
Strong flavor that steeps easily. Earl Grey can go wrong easily in my opinion. This has a nice and pleasant balance with the Bergamont peel. There has't been any bitterness that some black teas can have. This rates up there with Tazo brand. It's quickly become my favorite as it is available in local grocery stores, which is important when I don't have access to tea shops. I highly recommend this brand and flavor!
Arlington , TX
I've always been a major fan of Earl Grey. I love the flavor of the tea compared to regular tea you would fix for iced tea. It isn't spice but has a more " elegant" flare as I always thought about the tea. It just isn't " ordinary". If you've never tried it I highly recommend you trying it because I'm sure you'll enjoy it. My husband just loves me mixing Early Grey into my regular tea for iced tea.
Newtown, PA
As someone who drinks tea fairly frequently, Twinnings Earl Grey is probably one of my go to teas when available. The brand is moderately priced (as far as tea goes) and readily available at many grocery store. I have noticed it is also a popular option at many hotels I have stayed at. The flavor is the middle ground of Earl Grey teas, as I have had some strong cups from other brands.
Boston, MA
From my first cup it became one of my most-favorite teas.(I have several favorites.) It is a smooth mild tea... perfect for late afternoon or early evening tea if caffeine is an issue. It lacks the harsh bitterness some black teas have. Sometimes I add a splash of milk but more often I just savor the outstanding flavor w/nothing more than a tsp of honey or raw sugar.
Rosamond, CA
I love the Twinings brand and this tea is a delicious one. It's well known that Queen Elizabeth II drinks this tea every morning and it's a wonderfully yummy tea to have, really any time of the day. I love that you can find it in most supermarkets and it tastes great with or without sugar/ honey and with or without milk. It's priced well and easy to make. Highly recommend.
York, SC
Let me preface this by saying I am a coffee lover and prefer coffee over tea. However, if there is a time that I am out of coffee or don't want more coffee during the day, I will occasionally have tea. Earl Grey is my favorite- I love the light citrus flavor. I also enjoy tea when I am sick (since I try to lessen coffee consumption during such time).
Beaumont, TX
This is a lovely Earl Gray. If you're not familiar with this tea with a hint of bergamot, try it. It's a treat not only for the palette and for the nose. I've bought this a lot over the years. I LOVE it when I have a stuffy nose or a scratchy throat. Perfect with a vanilla or a lemon cookie.
Phoenix, AZ
Earl Grey tea is my favorite especially the one from twinnings. It has a lot of taste but isn’t too strong. It is perfect for the morning or after lunch. I drink it 2-3 times a day. Twinnings is definitely the best, not comparable to any other brand. It is a bit expensive but so worth it