BY TWININGS OF LONDON #9 in Tea

Twinings has been blending my family tea for years. Legend has it that my ancestor, the second Earl Grey, was presented with this exquisite recipe by an envoy on his return from China. He liked it so much he asked Richard Twining to recreate it for him. Generations of my family have enjoyed Earl Grey tea and today, I am proud to continue the tradition with the tea celebrated throughout the world known as Twining Earl Grey.

At Twinings, we take great care to ensure that the Earl Grey you drink today tastes as extraordinary as the one Richard Twining first created. Fresh, fragrant and flavoured with the distinctive notes of citrus and bergamot.

Ingredients

Black tea
Natural citrus flavour with other natural flavours

Brewing Time

HOT TEA: Pour freshly boiled water over tea bag and allow brewing for 3 minutes depending on your desired strength. Enjoy sweetened or plain –the choice is yours.

• Which is better, Sugar or Honey , to sweeten this tea?11 Answers
Buy on Amazon
  • "Got a box of Twinnings Earl Grey and local honey as a housewarming gift, definitely starting that tradition for my friends" in 2 reviews
  • "This is my absolute favorite style of tea." in 1 review
Evie C.
Evanston, WY
I only use this for sun burns. Use the ice cold version and a wash cloth and let it soak for about 5 minutes and then dip it back in to the tea. I use a huge bowl and it works great for this but anyways constantly cooling the burn for an hour it will pull the heat from the burn without the nasty smell of vinegar. It will turn into a tan
Maggie T.
East Moriches, NY
This is my favorite tea EVER. i drink it every single morning and it just gets me going. I add sugar and nothing else. It isnt really a strong tea, but it does have a black tea taste. It is pretty light. This is pretty inexpensive compared to other teas, but of course the bigger the package you buy, the more expensive it will be.
Juliette🌙⚡ C.
Sherman Oaks , CA
Favorite early grey tea brand next to Tazo! Very strong notes of lavender in this one which I really like! It balances out the caffeine which is nice. It’s a steady energy. I recommend this tea to everyone and anyone who want to try tea.
Rachel N.
Kansas City
This tea is good - it has a strong bergamot flavor and holds up pretty well with almond milk or as a London Fog. The quality is good for the price however I prefer Bigelow or Tazo for their taste over this brand.
Kat M.
Lewisburg
Twinings makes an excellent, affordable middle of the road tea. The Earl Grey has a delightful Bergamot scent that is very relaxing. It’s a great tea for people who aren’t quite sure if they like hot tea. When brewed properly it has none of the bitterness of cheaper bagged teas. TWININGS® OF London Earl Grey Tea BagsI like a nice hot cup with honey and a little milk in the afternoon for a little pick me up.
Ashlie L.
largo
This is my absolute favorite brand of Earl Grey tea. I have tried other brands, but nothing compares to Twinings. Also Earl Grey is always my go to. It is so light, but it calms me in a gentle way.
Elizabeth F.
Austin
Twinings Earl Grey is what my granny drank and so i have been using it as long as I can remember. It’s flavorful without being overpowering. Sometimes tea has an excess of tannin which makes me nauseous, which is the opposite of what I want tea for! Serve this with just a little bit of sugar and a splash of milk. It’s great at 4pm teatime.
Emily S.
This is my favorite tea to have in my cupboards. I'm a huge earl grey fan, and this tea is strong and has just the right level of bergamot for me. It's pretty forgiving, and doesn't grow bitter if you accidentally oversteep it.
Fiona M.
Boston, MA
My absolute favorite tea ever!! My mum is from England and I grew up drinking this - gentle flavor that’s not too overpowering or watered down! A good pick me up with a little bit of caffeine in it and delicious when you’re trying to warm up! I buy in bulk because I have a cup at least once a day, I recommend to all!
Cheryl N.
Escondido
I have a cup of Earl Grey every morning, and no one does Earl Grey like Twinnings of London.  This tea is inexpensive and has the perfect blend of bergamot and black tea to start your day off right.  I have tried many other brands, but nothing has compared to Twinnings.
Janelle R.
Which is better, Sugar or Honey , to sweeten this tea?