Anne F.
Kenmore, WA
Do you pay for TurboTax or do you use the free edition?
Heather b.
Heather b.
9 months, 3 weeks ago
I used the free edition online
Holly S.
Holly S.
Usaf Academy, CO
4 years, 9 months ago
The free edition is fine if you make less than $50,000 a year and have nothing that might complicate your taxes. Otherwise, I would recommend the deluxe. Also, if you are military use the Freedom edition. This gives you the benefits of a paid edition with no charge. :) It's Turbo Tax's thank you to the Armed Forces.
Tammy H.
Tammy H.
Eau Claire, Wi
4 years, 9 months ago
I file federal free and use my states site for state return
Krista R.
Krista R.
Jacksonville, IL
4 years, 9 months ago
I used the deluxe this year and its worth it. They take you through every application to see if you qualify. If you have a business-tax credit, if you have gone green in your home-tax credit, if you bought a bought -tax credit it shows you every place possible that I had no idea about so I will continue with the deluxe.
Gina Z.
Gina Z.
Nixa, MO
4 years, 9 months ago
I used to use the free one but now we just upgrade to the deluxe.
Karrie S.
Karrie S.
4 years, 9 months ago
I have used both. The free edition is good when you don't have a lot of deductions or own property. If you don't have complicated taxes, you should use the free edition. THe free edition is very thorough, and since I've paid for the upgrade and didn't find it very useful, I have gone back to using the free version.
Influenster M.
Influenster M.
4 years, 9 months ago
I was able to use the free edition! Thats always an added bonus!
Kristina P.
Gigi F.
Gigi F.
Windsor Locks, CT
4 years, 9 months ago
I have used the free edition for my federal and paid for my state