BY TURBO TAX #1 in Tax Preparation Services

• Have you had any problems with Turbotax?8 Answers
  • Does anyone suggest another program other than TurboTax?15 Answers
Reviews (19883)
Buy on Walmart
  • "My mom always buys the new Turbo tax every year and she really likes it, but I prefer just to use the H&R Block free file since my taxes aren't usually too complicated." in 181 reviews
  • "I used TurboTax for my 2014 taxes and was so impressed with how fast and easy it was despite having earned income in two different countries." in 70 reviews
  • "This year will be the first time I will use it as a non student, but because of the simplicity of the program, I will use it again. " in 61 reviews
  • "I have been using TurboTax to file my taxes for 3 years now, love how simple it is and the instant access at anytime online!" in 60 reviews
  • "While I did have issues with my information transferring over this last year, TurboTax is almost always very user friendly. " in 55 reviews
Denise P.
I love the fact that you can now take a picture of your W2 and it insets all the information in your form. With this detail and the "quick form" I have no problem paying the $29.99 to do both of my taxes.
As soon as my W2 is available, I file. I do have to wait until the forms for my children are officially available, but a quick email lets me know they are and my taxes were filed for me.
Turbotax also has a Skype available if you need help with something and I have never had a problem filing my taxes with them.
There are different services provided along with different pricing, some can be taken out of your taxes, mine was automatically charged to my card.
It is quick, cheap and for the service, I have no problem paying rather then filing my own. They can be sent to you on a prepaid, directly to your debit card or mailed in a check form ( I do not know if it can go to a credit card).
If you owe the government money for default student loans or child support, they will remove it and forward what ever is left to your return preference.
Anna T.
New York
I usually go to a professional to go my taxes. But everyone was telling me I don’t need to and to use TurboTax. So, this year I decided to go with TurboTax. You can use TurboTax to see how much you are going to get back from state and federal before actually filing it, which is really nice. When I filed, they had the AbsoluteZero going on, so I didn’t have to pay their fees. Upon filing my taxes, it was simple; everything was straight forward. Also what is nice is that they have a protection plan that cost $40 from the irs. Also when I made a mistake and my taxes got rejected, I immediately got an email and fixed it right away. Super simple, and I wished I knew about TurboTax earlier. Highly recommend.
KC ✨.
Stockton, CA
Turbo Tax has been a really convenient way for me to file my taxes in the last couple years. I don’t have to go anywhere, I can just put in all my information from home and they walk you through the whole process. It is very easy to use and it goes over everything with you. The only reason why I’m giving this 3 stars is because it was supposed to be “free” for me to file but if I wanted them to transfer all of last years information, I had to pay I want to say around $30 for them to keep my info from last year and not delete it and have me enter it all again. I think total in fees from turbo tax I paid almost $60. So, my only issue with it is that it shouldn’t say “free” if you end up getting charged by them.
Ambrosia 🐙.
Olympia, WA
I used to love TurboTax, but this year, I needed to file as an independent contractor, & it wasn’t until I was already halfway done filing that they told me I couldn’t continue under the business category unless I paid them something like $40! So I found another website, FreeTaxUSA, that let me file everything for free, but I was hoping to import my tax info from last year. TurboTax refuses to give me access to my own tax records unless I pay them for those, too, by “upgrading” my account for something that could be done for free. I will never be using TurboTax again, now that I have other filing needs, & would like to be able to view my own tax files without paying ridiculous fees.
Sam H.
Rolla, MO
Turbo Tax is a simple, easy to use, user friendly way to complete your taxes without leaving the comfort of your own home. Not only do they walk you through, step by step, they also offer an overview of your taxes by a professional to make sure you are getting back your maximum refund. Use Turbo Tax continuously, and they save your information to your profile so you aren't stuck entering tedious information that didn't change from the year prior! Not only was this system easy to use, I received my return in less than two weeks! No hunting it down, and was directly deposited into my account! Couldn't have asked for a better way to do my taxes year after year!
Jessica L.
Livonia
I have used Turbo Tax to file my taxes several times. It is a do it yourself tax website that allows you to file electronically on your own. The site is super easy to use as it has instructions you follow and just input based on those. I usually file for free (or the cheapest option) but there are several different options you can choose from which all have their perks— for instance if you choose the highest or most expensive package you get to chat with a tax professional who (I believe) guides you through the steps to file. I have taken classes to file taxes so I usually choose to do it on my own for the least expensive price as I find it just as easy. The only real difference is if you choose a more expensive package you can ask the tax professional questions that you have based on your taxes. Overall I found this site very easy to use and it is a great way to file without having to pay someone to do it, which can sometimes be quite pricey depending on when you choose to file in the filing time frame. It’s a great site and is quick to do for those who are comfortable doing their taxes on their own. I would definitely recommend to others!
Kari H.
Liberty
Although TurboTax is cheap, I ran into several problems while trying to file taxes through their app this year. It had alot of glitches and froze up several times. What should have taken me a day, two at best, took me two weeks altogether. And then after filing taxes, it was automatically not accepted by the IRS. It was a typical, but something that the tax service professionals should have caught because I paid for the extra service, which they failed to provide. I would not recommend it. If you plan to pay for extra service from them, prepare to not receive the service.
Ashley M.
Burleson
I love TurboTax, I use them every year. I used to be nervous of messing something up, so I would always go to tax filing companies like H&R block, until I found out they take a lot of money for something I could do myself. So I gave TurboTax a try 6 years ago, and I was shocked at how easy the make it to do taxes yourself. It's step by step and someone is always available by phone or chat if you need help. It's also freez they take their small fees out of your income tax so you don't have to pay up front. I love using them, I've saved lots of money every year using them
Amanda B.
Parkersburg, WV
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I have used TurboTax for the past 3 years and I love it. My favorite thing is that I feel like I have a part in the process. When going to a place like H&R Block, I just sat there and waited for someone to tell me what I was getting back. I didn’t understand why I was getting money from this or that, and I surely didn’t understand all the tax breaks that were possible. TurboTax is so user friendly. It has taken away the negative view I had about filing taxes! I’m more educated about the entire process because of TurboTax. I will be using TurboTax again this year.
Alicia N.
Rutland, VT
I have used TurboTax to do my taxes for the last 4 years in a row and I have never had a problem, up until this year. So my step son has been staying with me for about 9 months now, and I added him to my household on TurboTax however I was not trying to claim him. Turbotax added him to my return, and my efile for both federal and state were promptly rejected. Here’s where I became frustrated x I tried to fix it, and it wouldn’t let me. It just asked if his date of birth and social security number were correct. If I clicked yes, it would tell me I needed to mail in my return, if I clicked no, same things mail in my return. I ended up manually going back to my dependents list and deleting him from my account altogether and it finally went through and we accepted. Another negative, if you choose the free e-file of TurboTax it does not save your return documents. Therefore, if the IRS for whatever reason ever wanted to audit you,you would be in trouble for not having access to those documents! The reason for 3 stars is as follows, I always opt into paying the fee for them to store my tax documents, and it’s still much cheaper than using an accountant or another place like H&R Block.
Brenda P.
Powder Spgs, GA
How many years have you used Turbo Tax to do your Taxes?
Ashley P.
Is this easy to use for someone (me) who has just started filing taxes?
Ashley J.
Steubenville, OH
Is TurboTax easy to do? I'm considering using it this year
Kiara  .
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Has anyone had a bad experience with Turbo Tax?
Jo R.
Oroville, CA
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
Does anyone know how easy or safe this site is??