America’s #1 brand of tax software. Easily and accurately file your simple tax returns* for FREE.

Easily import your W-2, answer simple, non-taxy questions about your life, and we'll get you your maximum refund, guaranteed*.

This year, with TurboTax Live, connect online with real CPAs and EAs for unlimited tax advice and even a line-by-line-review for 100% confidence. Done right, guaranteed.

You can file with TurboTax Free Edition if you have a simple tax return.*
*A simple tax return is Form 1040 only, without schedules 1, 2, or 3.

Maximum Refund Guarantee or Your Money Back
If you get a larger refund or smaller tax due from another tax preparation method, we'll refund the applicable TurboTax federal and/or state purchase price paid. TurboTax Online Free Edition customers are entitled to payment of $30.

100% Accurate, Expert Approved Guarantee
100% Accurate Expert Approved Guarantee: If you pay an IRS or state penalty (or interest) because of an error that a TurboTax CPA, EA, or Tax Attorney made while providing topic-specific tax advice, a section review, or acting as a signed preparer for your return, we'll pay you the penalty and interest. We’ll also amend your return at no additional cost.

How is their customer service for self employment filings?
How many years have you used turbo tax?
Can’t find my TurboTax live code. Help?
Start your review of TurboTax!
Product Highlights
“My mom always buys the new Turbo tax every year and she really likes it, but I prefer just to use the H&R Block free file since my taxes aren't usually too complicated.” in reviews
“I used TurboTax for my 2014 taxes and was so impressed with how fast and easy it was despite having earned income in two different countries.” in reviews
“This year will be the first time I will use it as a non student, but because of the simplicity of the program, I will use it again. ” in reviews
“I have been using TurboTax to file my taxes for 3 years now, love how simple it is and the instant access at anytime online!” in reviews
“While I did have issues with my information transferring over this last year, TurboTax is almost always very user friendly. ” in reviews
Fontana, CA
Review for: TurboTax Online Free Edition, TurboTax Online Deluxe
This is the first time I file by myself using this application and software. I think I was always skeptical because I felt like I wouldnt be earning my max tax refund if I were to do it myself instead of going somewhere where you have someone prepare it for you. This year I decided to try different apps and even compare to like H&R to see if there would be much of a difference in my estimated tax return if I just did it myself or went in somewhere else to get them done. Honestly, because I am not a homeowner, I'm not married, I don't have dependents, etc. the process for me to file taxes is way easier and way simpler so it wouldn't really make much of a difference to go somewhere to have someone prepare my form for me because I don't have much to add aside from W-2 forms to begin with. I can see where the process would be more complicated probably for filing joint and if you've had many expenses you want to list and complete a longform for. My parents still go in to get them prepared because I feel like I couldn't personally advise them there since those weren't as simple to do probably on your own. I didn't trust myself doing those. BUT for simple straight to the point taxes, it's probably easier to do them yourself. Turbotax allows for a free edition and that's cool and definitely saves you on the increasing amount of year of a tax preparer just to type in what you could have done yourself. I opted for the free form but when it came to inputting information about my university loans, etc. then they basically forced me to file under the "Deluxe" which was like $40 bucks so that I could claim any interest on those school loans I had paid which was just about $100 bucks more towards my tax refund. I had to agree to pay them for deluxe for them to include that in my tax return which I thought was dumb because it was literally just paying that amount for simply adding an extra line to my tax form which apparently no longer made it a "simple" tax form because somehow it was now more "complex." But i still ended up doing it because paying $40 didnt seem as bad because at least I was getting $100 more than if i didnt claim that school interest. All in all, i think that was the only con I had but it definitely did pay better to do them myself than the past year where I paid 90 bucks just for them to do the same thing. Again, if you have simple taxes to file I would reccomend this, but anything more complicated I would question because I think I would want a second opinion or someone to go through that with me instead.
Corona, CA
Review for: TurboTax Live Deluxe
I cannot say enough good things about Turbo Tax Live. It completely surpassed all expectations. I bought a house last year, and our loan was transferred through 3 different services, meaning I had three different 1098s. This was my first time itemizing, and there is a difference between how the federals and my state tax agencies handle mortgage interest deductions. I thought I could figure it out myself (I have always done my taxes without expert help), but about halfway through I found myself completely overwhelmed and lost. That's when the live function jumped in! I was able to get an expert CPA on the phone and share my screen with her so she could see exactly what I had done, where I was confused, and help walk me through how to correct the issue, and why there was an issue created in the first place so I understood the process better. I also felt very secure in the screensharing process--turbo tax has special, strong privacy settings built in so that it is only the turbo tax web page screen that was shown (even if I toggled to a different screen during the sharing process). It helped me fix the issue in a matter of minutes, and go on to finish my taxes. I also had a quick question on itemizing charitable contributions, and was able to use the live chat function to get a quick and concise answer. So cool! Turbo Tax live took all of the stress out of the tax filing process, and I cannot say how glad I am that I decided to try it this year. I will definitely use it again, and recommend it to all my family and friends! Get the benefit of an expert doing your taxes, from the comfort of your own home! I received this product complimentary in exchange for my honest review.
Bonney Lake, WA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
TurboTax uploaded by Kelly B.
Who this is ideal for: Beginners to filing returns, older folks who want to be a bit more independent, and more complex deductions requiring minor questioning. As an experienced filer, I filed on HR Block, Credit Karma, and Turbo Tax LIVE Deluxe in order to compare speed, ease of use, and total refund. I found that Turbo tax Actually gave me a refund $700 higher than both of the others, which equaled the same. I wanted to try the LIVE version in order to see what sorts of questions they would be able to answer. It is helpful to be able to chat with a tax representative, but keep in mind whenever asking a question they will say “let me check on that” and it can often take several minutes for them to find the answer. Some might say you could find the answer on your own with a google search in the same amount of time. The interface is simple and very easy to use, explaining why you might use each item in a very easy to digest manner. The highlight of the LIVE feature of turbo tax is having a tax professional review your return for errors when you are finished. If you are not confident in filing your own return I would say this is a great benefit to make sure you are doing things correctly. If you have a basic return with minimal questions I would say skip paying for the LIVE and go with the free version. If you prefer to have someone look over your taxes, this is a great option to save you money versus seeing a tax professional in person. The deluxe LIVE runs you about $90, which is definitely less than a trip to HR block. I received TURBO TAX LIVE DELUXE COMPLIMENTARY in exchange for my honest and unbiased review.
Cary, NC
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
TurboTax uploaded by Uliana M.
Review for: TurboTax Live Premier
I used turbotax live for filing my 2019 tax forms. I found it relatively easy to enter all the data. The best feature ever is to see $ value of return while entering data. I used live chat with CPO agent to solve tricky case of entering dividends with two-state forms. Agent was knowledgeable and quickly suggested what exactly I need to do with turbotax system to correct the mistake. I was able to share screen with agent for better help. I had to wait ~5 min before I was connected, which I think is extremely quick given busy tax period. Agent I was connected to was located in state of my primary interest, i.e. was knowledgeable in local tax rules for my particular case. There was also an option to either have live call or schedule a call for a particular day/time. And best thing - you can connect to agent as many times as you need, or even chose another agent. Overall I'm very happy that it took me so little time and effort to file taxes with comfort of my home. Definitely recommend especially at this price point! #TurboTaxLiveExperts @TurboTax @Influenster #turbotaxliveexperts I received these products for free. #free #complementary #TurboTaxLiveExperts #contest #complimentary @turbotax @Influenster
Chino, CA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
TurboTax uploaded by Alejandra P.
Review for: TurboTax Live Deluxe
Okay so I usually to my taxes with Turbotax(basic free version) & it has always been super simple. When Influenster offered to let me try TurboTax live free of charge, I was so happy and excited! lol TurboTax makes it so easy to do your taxes, they help you step by step & always let you know why certain choices are being made...every little detail has an explanation. Really love that they go above & beyond to try to get you the biggest refund that they possibly can! During the process I kind of got stuck on an area, couldn’t quite figure it out....that’s when the “live” part came in handy. Lol I was able to get the help & answers I needed fast, my advisor let me know exactly how to go about the pickle I was in. My advisor was very kind, caring & helpful, he also let me know exactly how many years of experience he had...which I found to be quite nice. Another great feature was that I can see & hear him through our live chat, but he could only hear me. lol let me tell you I was relieved because I looked a hot mess! Lol overall I really enjoyed the whole experience, very fast, simple, and kinda fun. Definitely would recommend this to anyone who has not tried it or who is interested in any way!
Review for: TurboTax Live Self-Employed
I’ve been filing my own taxes for over 10 years using various programs, and had the opportunity to test out this new Turbo Tax Live program complimentary through Influenster for my 2019 federal filing. Overall I think Turbo Tax makes the process of filing your taxes very straightforward and easy. I did also utlilize the live feature to chat with a CPA regarding a question I had about reporting income for my blog. I had a clear, straightforward answer in a matter of minutes, which saved me a ton of time and stress. The one biggest issue I found with the program was that it isn’t easy to leave and return to a section if you don’t have all the information you need. I found myself have to click back through questions I already answered, as the program would bring me all the way back to the beginning of an area, opposed to where I left off. I tried using the bookmark function and this still didn’t help. I would recommend that before you start you have all of the forms and information you need, so as not to waste time needing to go back and redo things. Other than that the process was painless and I have confidence my return was filed accurately!
Review for: TurboTax Online Free Edition, TurboTax Online Deluxe
The online free edition is only free if you make under a certain amount. I was just a little above that in my 2019 tax return, so was a little frustrated to find this out. The year before, I had an issue with my tax return with them as well, because I had changed jobs and did not know I had a retirement account at my previous job. The account wound up closed, and I wound up with "an unusual tax situation". If I had known others would do it for cheaper, I would not have filed with TurboTax that year.
That said, it *was* a good company to start out filing my taxes with, the first couple years I filed. When you don't have any extra forms from their usual expected ones, it's pretty straightforward. I still do not recommend their services, just because they're a little shady about what resources you have to pay to use/what you have to pay for your return. The bank I use has a thing with them that takes some of the cost off filing, so if that applies to you as well, and you don't qualify for any sort of filing discount elsewhere, it works. Just be warned you may wind up paying them more than they're advertising.
Lansing, MI
Review for: TurboTax Live Deluxe
I have used TurboTax Live Deluxe to file our taxes for the past 6 years. It is very user friendly. It is very affordable - only $90 to file federal and you can have that taken out of your refund so there is no upfront cost. Everything is guided. With live deluxe you also can have a CPA/ tax professional connect live on screen while you do your taxes if you need guidance. You can have them check your refund - line by line prior to filing to make sure everything looks good. You also have access to the CPA’s for the entire year. My refunds are always returned in the same amount of time as they were when I went to H&R Block to have taxes done, TurboTax costs way less! Also, if you ever need a copy of your taxes for any reason (like applying for student loans/ buying a home or anything else) they’re always available and can be downloaded right onto your phone or computer. I have even filed self-employment taxes with TurboTax and that was not any problem. It literally is just super easy. I don’t think I will ever use a different company to file taxes with other than TurboTax. You
TurboTax uploaded by Bernedette
TurboTax uploaded by Bernedette
Review for: TurboTax Live Premier, TurboTax Online Premier
Purchased the complete package. The peace of mind package and complete defense against audit. Well I got audit this year. I try to use my peace of mind 290 dollar service and I'm told, just send them what they want. Well isn't that why I paid 290 dollars? I made less this year than I've ever made, bought the same product I have for years from turbo tax. Since I make less, I'm more likely to be audited though because of tax credits. Our lovely Tax system, deny the lowest incomes, cut more breaks for the wealthiest and the middle class get nothing. Turbo tax max assist just told me to do it by myself. Thanks again for the lifetime perfection from audits I purchased that I was told to just send whatever they want. I didn't have to pay 290 bucks to know thatTurboTax TurboTax
Philadelphia , PA
Review for: TurboTax Live Premier
My husband and I have been filing our taxes with Turbo Tax for years, but this year we received access to Turbo Tax Live complimentary through Influenster. Specifically, we used the premier edition due to having multiple properties including a rental property, which makes our tax situation complex. Going into it, I wasn’t sure how useful the live help feature would be—or if we’d even need to use it. The overall platform for filing was intuitive and easy to navigate, as it always has been in the past on Turbo Tax (honestly can’t say I remember enough from past years to specify if there’s any improvements to the process itself). We did, however, find ourselves unsure about a number of components on our return and instead of guessing or asking Google, it was fabulous to have someone knowledgeable to walk us through it. Now, our questions ended up having easy solutions, so I will say we didn’t exactly push the feature to the full benefit of having a CPA to talk to but it definitely did put my mind at ease to know we were doing the right thing. I will also add that we were doing this at 8-9pm at night and someone was still readily available to help us out. Would definitely recommend, especially to anyone who has any “complicated” tax situations!
Received complimentary sample from Influenster
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
il y a 2 ans
Does TurboTax allow you to see the amount you’re getting back before you submit everything?
Anita A. • il y a 8 mois
Yes they do, once you’ve complete all the required information