by Turbo Tax
Ask a Question
Anne F.
Anne F.
Kenmore, WA

Do you pay for TurboTax or do you use the free edition?
Holly S.
Holly S.
Feb. 16, 2013, 9:57 a.m.
The free edition is fine if you make less than $50,000 a year and have nothing that might complicate your taxes. Otherwise, I would recommend the deluxe. Also, if you are military use the Freedom edition. This gives you the benefits of a paid edition with no charge. :) It's Turbo Tax's thank you to the Armed Forces.
Tammy H.
Tammy H.
Feb. 14, 2013, 3:29 p.m.
I file federal free and use my states site for state return
Krista R.
Krista R.
Feb. 13, 2013, 6:32 p.m.
I used the deluxe this year and its worth it. They take you through every application to see if you qualify. If you have a business-tax credit, if you have gone green in your home-tax credit, if you bought a bought -tax credit it shows you every place possible that I had no idea about so I will continue with the deluxe.
Gina Z.
Gina Z.
Feb. 13, 2013, 8:42 a.m.
I used to use the free one but now we just upgrade to the deluxe.
Karrie S.
Karrie S.
Feb. 11, 2013, 12:48 a.m.
I have used both. The free edition is good when you don't have a lot of deductions or own property. If you don't have complicated taxes, you should use the free edition. THe free edition is very thorough, and since I've paid for the upgrade and didn't find it very useful, I have gone back to using the free version.
Feb. 10, 2013, 7:23 p.m.
I was able to use the free edition! Thats always an added bonus!
Jasmyne F.
Jasmyne F.
Feb. 7, 2013, 9:32 a.m.
I PAY BASIC BECAUSE I AM SELF EMPLOYED
Gigi F.
Gigi F.
Feb. 6, 2013, 2:36 p.m.
I have used the free edition for my federal and paid for my state
patty a.
patty a.
Feb. 6, 2013, 9:11 a.m.
I have for it just in case I have to go back and get things from previous years. It's all there for me.
Feb. 5, 2013, 12:31 p.m.
I pay for the deluxe edition. I learned a few years ago that you can get a whole lot more back, so it's worth the $29.99
Kristin Y.
Kristin Y.
Feb. 4, 2013, 2:26 p.m.
I used the free version for years. When my husband started being self employed and our taxes were a little more difficult we switched over to one that cost a little but was always well worth it. I love that it does the work for you for BOTH federal and state returns!
Jane G.
Jane G.
Feb. 3, 2013, 5:09 p.m.
I end up paying for the state version, but I use the federal for free. TurboTax has been so great with getting me refunds for the past decade, that I don't mind a 29.99 charge.
Alissa R.
Alissa R.
Feb. 2, 2013, 11:19 p.m.
I have always used the Free version!

Join Now