TULA Purifying Face Cleanser uploaded by Laurie C.

BY TULA

All-in-one foaming face wash designed to help remove makeup, cleanse pores, and nourish skin.

Melissa D.
Melissa D.
Santa Fe, NM
In the spirit of transparency and full disclosure, I bought this product at a discount in exchange for my honest review. (I like discounts, but just because a person gets a discount doesn't mean s/he'll love the product itself, right?) I'll call it as I see it.

What Attracted Me to the Product: I have seen probiotics do amazing things for health when taken internally, so the idea of applying them topically was very intriguing to me. It struck me as a smart innovation in theory, but I did not know if it would actually "work." As I read more, I discovered that the Tula line was created by a gastroenterologist and internist, Dr. Roshini Raj, so there is likely a lot of medical knowledge that went into Tula's Purifying Face Cleanser.

First Impressions: The bottle is bigger than I expected, which is a happy surprise! The packaging and bottle of cleanser are lovely and designed in serene, calming shades of aqua that bring to mind a spa experience. All of the ingredients are listed on the box, so you can inspect and know every single thing you are putting on your skin. The cleanser is a thick gel that spreads easily, so a little goes a long way. The scent is a barely noticeable, but pleasant, fragrance.

Tula's special probiotic complex is supposed to stimulate the production of vital defense cells, making skin healthier, less sensitive/inflamed, and more resistant to environmental stressors and the aging process. At first, I was intrigued enough to want to try it, but also a little skeptical, because how many times have I read about some new "innovation" in skin care only to end up disappointed? Well, if you read on, you'll see that Tula's Face Cleanser represents one of those rare, amazing times when an innovation actually lives up to its claims.

I wondered if I would immediately need to refrigerate the cleanser. I looked into this, and it does not require refrigeration because Tula's probiotics are no longer alive. As Dr. Raj explained in an interview with Forbes, "They've been broken down to release only their most useful elements ....[giving them] a longer shelf life without losing their powerful benefits on the skin."

My Experience Using this Product: As I mentioned, I was intrigued, yet a little skeptical about what Tula's "probiotic technology" could actually do for my dry, aging, sensitive skin. Since my skin is parched, sensitive, and reactive, I am a tough test subject for skin care; I want visible results like anyone else, but harsh products do me more harm than good. This cleanser is gentle enough for my sensitive skin, and unlike many, it doesn't leave my skin feeling uncomfortably dry. It gives you a clean that feels nourishing and just slightly hydrating.

Pros, Benefits, Cons: Along with other products in the line, Tula Purifying Face Cleanser has left me with clean, clear skin, that is better hydrated, as well as an overall improvement in the softness, evenness, hydration, and tightness of my skin. I saw these improvements faster than I have with any other line. This is one of the first cleansers I have found that actually leaves my sensitive skin nourished rather than drying it out. I thought the price was a major con, but after seeing the results from the product, I realize this is a case where you truly get your money's worth.

Who Might Product be Suited For: Someone interested in cleanser that will leave your skin renewed, more even, with less inflammation

My Rating System Explained
1 Star: Product does not reflect listing, major faults--stay away from this
2 Stars: Product is useable, but it has notable faults and is very different (in functionality, appearance, etc.) than what was described--think twice
3 Stars: Not all bad, but not able to fully recommend--think it over first
4 Stars: Product is as described and functions well, product is solid though there may be minor issues--pretty, pretty, pretty good
5 Stars: Fantastic product, as described, meets or exceeds expectations, I would recommend it to friends--a find!

CONCLUSION: Tula Purifying Face Cleanser is probably the best cleanser I have ever tried--not only does it leave my skin clean and clear, but it does it without leaving me uncomfortably dry. In fact, it seems to reduce inflammation/irritation in my highly sensitive, aging skin. To be honest, the price seemed like a con to me, but after realizing a little goes a long way and seeing such dramatic improvements, I think it is completely worth the cost. I highly recommend the cleanser.
Haley C.
Haley C.
Orem, UT
If I could give 50 stars to this I would. It is hands down THE BEST facewash I have ever used. I have tried everything for my face to clear up acne and get rid of dry spots and not make my t-zone oily and this was recommended to me by Kristyn Cole and it's the best face wash ever. I have combination skin and it's sensitive and breaks out really easily. I was struggling with dry spots and breakouts all over and within a month of this it totally changed my skin! I still struggle with a few random zits from hormones but nothing near as bad as it used to be! And it's the same price or less than everything else I tried and counting in the prescription acne medication I was able to stop it pays for itself practically!!!! If you are in search of a fantastic facewash TRY THIS!
Alyssa G.
Alyssa G.
Pharr, TX
If you're not using this face wash you NEED to start! I have been looking FORVER for something that could handle my skin's sensitivities without drying my skin out. I use Kiehl's ultra cleanser to remove my make up and this to cleanse my skin (if you don't double cleanse I recommend that as well!) I feel so refreshed after using and have noticed a dramatic change in my skin. I feel pretty without make up again, and don't have to apply full coverage make up all the time now. So happy that I took the plunge and bought this product!
Rebecca A.
Rebecca A.
West Chester, PA
This cleanser is amazing. I bought it on a whim after seeing Alex garza talk about tula on her YouTube channel. I had been going through a rough patch with my skin and acne and decided I wanted to redo my entire skincare routine. I use this cleanser at night to cleanse and use bioderma in the morning. My skin has never felt so clean and clear. This cleanser is so fresh smelling and gentle. A little goes a long way so the bottle will last forever (even though I bought a backup like 3 weeks into using it...love it that much!!).
Cassandra C.
Cassandra C.
chicago, IL
This is my favorite cleanser. I got it from an Ipsy offer because I was intrigued by the probiotic technology. I hadn't really heard of that in skincare, but it made sense. It is very gentle and really does seem to soothe and calm my skin. I bought a full size bottle after the trial size. It lasts a long time too.
Andrea H.
Andrea H.
AMAZING. Going to a waterpark friday, so wanted to do a small face mask since ill be wearing minimal makeup and remembered this baby. OMGEESH. ITS SO AMAZING :) my skin feels tight and clean AND moisturized?!?! how did that happen!! :) LOVE IT and definitely recommend. price isn’t too shabby either ;)
Kathryn W.
Kathryn W.
I can't say enough good things about this cleanser and this brand overall! Since I started using this I have had very minimal breakouts and my skin has a more balanced look to it!
Emilee R.
Emilee R.
I have suffered with adult acne for years and it wasn't until I started using this product line that I really started to see my cystic acne subside!
Courtney R.
Courtney R.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Tula! This is the only skincare line that has been able to put the right texture back in my skin and calm my active pimples down. Ever since I have been using Tula, I have been getting more and more compliments on my skin. I have been fighting acne for over a year now and I can proudly say that Tula is a life changer. I also use their cleansing oil, PH gel, exfoliating mask and their day & night moisturizer. I don't think I could ever go back to any other skincare line. This cleanser does have a sent to it. I use it in the mornings and as a double cleanse at night with my cleansing oil. You can never go wrong with Probiotics so why not use them in your skincare routine?!
Angie M.
Angie M.
Wesley Chapel, FL
I saw an ad for Tula on Instagram. I was a little unsure if I would like it, so I bought a tester try it out for two weeks. Needless to say, I'm hooked. It's so gentle on my skin. It makes it feel hydrated and clean and I can tell a difference in only two weeks of using the product. My skin looks better, healthier, and my break outs are finally healing. I'm so impressed. I've been using this cleanser, the face mask (twice a week), the eye cream, and the day and night moisturizer. I will definitely continue to use this product. It works. Oh, and the packaging is so pretty and it smells like heaven! I. LOVE. IT.
julianna L.
julianna L.
I have sensitive skin, has anyone experienced dryness with this cleanser?
Vanessa H.
Vanessa H.
London, ON
What is the consistency of this cleanser? Is it a cream cleanser or a gel?
Gracielle R.
Gracielle R.
Winston, GA
I have very sensitive skin. Has anyone gotten breakouts from this cleanser?
Cynthia P.
Cynthia P.
Strasburg
Are these products scented?
Monique C.
Monique C.
Cape Coral, FL
Has anyone used this line of products ? Is it safe for pregnant / breastfeeding moms ?