BY TULA

All-in-one foaming face wash designed to help remove makeup, cleanse pores, and nourish skin.

TULA Purifying Face Cleanser
  • "In the spirit of transparency and full disclosure, I bought this product at a discount in exchange for my honest review. (I like discounts, but just because a person gets a discount doesn't mean s/he'll love the product itself, right?) I'll call it as I see it. What Attracted Me to the Product: I have seen probiotics do amazing things for health when taken internally, so the idea of applying them topically was very intriguing to me. It struck me as a smart innovation in theory, but I did not know if it would actually "work." As I read more, I discovered that the Tula line was created by a gastroenterologist and internist, Dr. Roshini Raj, so there is likely a lot of medical knowledge that went into Tula's Purifying Face Cleanser. First Impressions: The bottle is bigger than I expected, which is a happy surprise! The packaging and bottle of cleanser are lovely and designed in serene, calming shades of aqua that bring to mind a spa experience. All of the ingredients are listed on the box, so you can inspect and know every single thing you are putting on your skin. The cleanser is a thick gel that spreads easily, so a little goes a long way. The scent is a barely noticeable, but pleasant, fragrance. Tula's special probiotic complex is supposed to stimulate the production of vital defense cells, making skin healthier, less sensitive/inflamed, and more resistant to environmental stressors and the aging process. At first, I was intrigued enough to want to try it, but also a little skeptical, because how many times have I read about some new "innovation" in skin care only to end up disappointed? Well, if you read on, you'll see that Tula's Face Cleanser represents one of those rare, amazing times when an innovation actually lives up to its claims. I wondered if I would immediately need to refrigerate the cleanser. I looked into this, and it does not require refrigeration because Tula's probiotics are no longer alive. As Dr. Raj explained in an interview with Forbes, "They've been broken down to release only their most useful elements ....[giving them] a longer shelf life without losing their powerful benefits on the skin." My Experience Using this Product: As I mentioned, I was intrigued, yet a little skeptical about what Tula's "probiotic technology" could actually do for my dry, aging, sensitive skin. Since my skin is parched, sensitive, and reactive, I am a tough test subject for skin care; I want visible results like anyone else, but harsh products do me more harm than good. This cleanser is gentle enough for my sensitive skin, and unlike many, it doesn't leave my skin feeling uncomfortably dry. It gives you a clean that feels nourishing and just slightly hydrating. Pros, Benefits, Cons: Along with other products in the line, Tula Purifying Face Cleanser has left me with clean, clear skin, that is better hydrated, as well as an overall improvement in the softness, evenness, hydration, and tightness of my skin. I saw these improvements faster than I have with any other line. This is one of the first cleansers I have found that actually leaves my sensitive skin nourished rather than drying it out. I thought the price was a major con, but after seeing the results from the product, I realize this is a case where you truly get your money's worth. Who Might Product be Suited For: Someone interested in cleanser that will leave your skin renewed, more even, with less inflammation My Rating System Explained 1 Star: Product does not reflect listing, major faults--stay away from this 2 Stars: Product is useable, but it has notable faults and is very different (in functionality, appearance, etc.) than what was described--think twice 3 Stars: Not all bad, but not able to fully recommend--think it over first 4 Stars: Product is as described and functions well, product is solid though there may be minor issues--pretty, pretty, pretty good 5 Stars: Fantastic product, as described, meets or exceeds expectations, I would recommend it to friends--a find! CONCLUSION: Tula Purifying Face Cleanser is probably the best cleanser I have ever tried--not only does it leave my skin clean and clear, but it does it without leaving me uncomfortably dry. In fact, it seems to reduce inflammation/irritation in my highly sensitive, aging skin. To be honest, the price seemed like a con to me, but after realizing a little goes a long way and seeing such dramatic improvements, I think it is completely worth the cost. I highly recommend the cleanser." in 11 reviews
Krysia S.
Baton Rouge, LA
I have combo skin w/hormonal acne, some scarring, and large pores. I am super picky about cleansers but I absolutely love this one. I use it after a makeup remover/oil cleanser/micellar water, so I can’t speak to how well it takes off makeup (in fact, I don’t think it would do very well at that). When I don’t wear makeup, I use this as my only cleanser. It’s super gentle, lathers nicely, and makes my skin feel clean and soft - my skin doesn’t feel stripped or dry at all after using it! It seems to have helped with the balance of my skin and cleanser effectively. The main downside is the very strong, soap-y scent. It smells like a bar of scented soap or even like hotel soap, which makes me disappointed because everything else about this product is lovely. It would be perfect with no scent or even with a subtle herb or citrus scent. If you’re very sensitive to fragrance you might want to stay away. Other than that, I love this cleanser and will continue using it!
Raven T.
Fair Lawn, NJ
Tula has literally changed my life, and it all started with this
product! I have very acne-prone, oily skin and suffer from cystic acne
and acne scars. It's been drilled into our minds to think the harshest
products are the most effective, but Tula has proved the exact opposite.
This cleanser leaves my skin feeling so fresh and clean. The product
just feels very simple and refreshing and does not strip the skin dry,
while also helping clear my acne. I've used it twice a day everyday and
the bottle lasted me about four months. My skin has completely changed
since I started using Tula products, and I don't see myself using any
other cleanser any time soon.
Kala G.
Dixon springs, TN
I purchased this product in the discovery kit. I have been using this for 2 weeks without any other brand to see how well this works. First, I love the bottle , nice color easy to hold. Second it comes out like a gel but when mixed onto a wet face it lathers nicely are cleans your face well. This will leave your face clean and feeling very hydrated. I love this product and within 2 days i noticed pimples finally forming and busting as well as other issues disappearing. This is hands down my favorite cleanser there is now. I was using Loreal before, now i like their cleansers also but TULA worked much better and faster and my skin looked so nice after every wash.

I have sensitive skin and this did not aggravate me.  The smell is also barely detectable.
Avery C.
Harlan
I may only be 14, but even I think this product is amazing! I bought the facial cleanser right online from Tula themselves and when I received it in the mail it came in cute little packaging including a note and tissue paper (I’m big on presentation)! I was so surprised when I finallly tried the cleanser and found that it was definetly worth the money. Everyone including teenagers my age need the product, especially going through the stage they are. The steps to using this product are super easy, all you have to do is wet your face, rub in the gel like substance and then wash it right back off after about 30-40 seconds. I literally could notice a difference right after I applied it. The cleanser left my face feeling cool, soft and refreshed. I love the fact that it is made directly from probiotics. I had always drank probiotics but had never seen it in a facial cleanser. With me being so young, and my face being so sensitive, I was hesitant about buying it but after using it, as I said, my skin had felt amazing! I too, along with many others questioned whether this product was worth the money. I am happy to report that it is definetly worth every penny! This is my absolute favorite cleanser.
Brianna A.
I quickly because a lover of all Tula after one of my favorite bloggers posted about it. Her skin looks great - so I had too! (yes, I fell for it) BUT I am so glad I did. Tula's Purifying Face Cleanser has transformed my face into a new person (hah!). I struggle with cystic acne and Tula quickly reacted in my favor. I have purchased this product multiple times now and continue to do so.
Shana F.
I got the TULA Discovery Kit and have loved ALL of them! I would definitely repurchase or try any of other products! I have sensitive skin with redness and this TULA Purifying Face Cleanser is gentle, takes off makeup and still gets my skin clean. I really do love all their products! I wish they were a little cheaper, but you get what you pay for!
Kaitlyn L.
I am OBSESSED with this face cleanser! It is transforming my skin, along with the rest of the TULA line! It is not cheap, but it is totally worth every penny.  During the harsh winter months my skin gets dry and flaky, but this cleanser and the hydrating day and night cream keep my face clean and moisturized! LOVE IT! Just ordered my second bottle.
Layne S.
I’m not usually one for foaming cleansers, by this was really nice. It doesn’t strip or dry out my skin at all. However it smells like bad hand soap. Which is fine as long as you’re not actively sniffing the product. The gel needs to be worked into the skin for a couple seconds because it likes to stick to itself instead of smoothing over your face
Courtney R.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Tula! This is the only skincare line that has been able to put the right texture back in my skin and calm my active pimples down. Ever since I have been using Tula, I have been getting more and more compliments on my skin. I have been fighting acne for over a year now and I can proudly say that Tula is a life changer. I also use their cleansing oil, PH gel, exfoliating mask and their day & night moisturizer. I don't think I could ever go back to any other skincare line. This cleanser does have a sent to it. I use it in the mornings and as a double cleanse at night with my cleansing oil. You can never go wrong with Probiotics so why not use them in your skincare routine?!
Tiffany P.
Seneca, SC
This cleanser is amazing. It has to be one of the best I have tried. It definitely met my expectations and i will continue to use it. Also I have to add that the packaging is so pretty and this is a product I will definitely recommend.
Gracielle R.
Winston, GA
I have very sensitive skin. Has anyone gotten breakouts from this cleanser?
Vanessa H.
London, ON
What is the consistency of this cleanser? Is it a cream cleanser or a gel?
Cynthia P.
Strasburg
Are these products scented?
Megan O.
Newington, CT
How is the price point?
julianna L.
I have sensitive skin, has anyone experienced dryness with this cleanser?