BY TRUVIA #22 in Sugars & Sweeteners

• Are there any drawbacks by using Truvia instead of other sugars?6 Answers
  • So this is a sugar substitute... If you're making a cup of coffee...5 Answers
April A.
Hood River, OR
Truvia so missed the mark wtih this one. I have shared with hundreds of people to stay away from this product. Unless you read the label you think you're avoiding the harmful sugar alternatives and eating natural stevia. In fact Truvia often markets itself as stevia but in fact is primarily erythritol and just a stevia isolate. I'm not sure how it gets away with marketing itself as stevia. There is no scientific health benefit to this alternative, unlike real stevia, as a matter of fact as a doctor I recommend people stay away from this. GMO corn alcohol (which is a sugar/carb molecule) and NO real stevia. Quite trying to pull the wool over American's eyes.
Sarah F.
Stoutsville, OH
It's an okay sweetener, but it's not my favorite. It leaves a funny after taste and can sometimes alter the flavor of certain beverages (especially fresh brewed tea). I've used the product a few times, but prefer to stick to sugar. I've heard that it's a good alternative to sugar when baking, but I've never tried it. Overall, I wouldn't purchase this to continually use.
Rosangela D.
Truvia is great for people who trynna lose weight. In my opinion I don't like the way it makes food taste but this can be found almost anywhere such target, Walmart, SAMs club, etc. and the good thing about this is that Is super affordable. I recommend to people who like things in low sugar
Jess K.
Minneapolis, MN
Truvia's a good product for anyone looking to decrease their sugar consumption but still needing some sweetness. While stevia powders can't really be considered "all natural", it's still a preferable alternative to harmful artificial sweeteners like sucralose. I can also conveniently purchase this product in bulk at Costco.
Jennifer E.
Saint Johnsbury, VT
I know that this is natural but I don't like the taste. i would prefer to have either the pink one or the yellow one. It leaves a very nasty after taste for me. The price of this artificial sweetener is too much for me too. I think if it did not have the after taste i might buy it.
Kelly G.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Truvia! It is the best tasting natural non calorie sweeter out on the market in my opinion! My Dr recommended I stay away from artificial sweeteners because I have fibromyalgia and recommend either Stevia based sweetener or Truvia. I tried Stevia first and was NOT a fan at all so was hesitant with Truvia. But I was PLEASANTLY surprised and how good it tastes. It is definitely better than Splenda which I was using before and my Dr is much more happy with this decision!
Melody S.
Irmo, SC
Sweet Tooth Expert Level 3
This is a great option for a sweetener if you are trying to cut out sugar from your diet. You can use it just like sugar as a substitute and it doesn't have a bad aftertaste. It is a nice sweetener and it does the job well. I would recommend trying it.
Alyssa P.
Attleboro, MA
A lot of people that ive talked to seem to like Truvia but i am not their biggest fan. i guess its a healthier alternative to sugar or other sweeteners but it just tastes funny when you put it in tea and coffee. its fine for baking i suppose but when i drink my tea with this stuff it always has a funny aftertaste
Tiffany R.
Mocksville , NC
I used to adore this when I thought it was healthier than organic and natural can sugar but after so me research, I've come to the conclusion that its not very safe at all! If you don't care about consuming harmful chemicals, this is perfect for you- but if you're like me, you'd stay far away from it! Hope this is helpful
Keenia S.
While I'm not a big sugar substitute user, I tried it thinking it would be the one to change my perspective but it was not. I can safely say that o will not purchase this item. When I'm in places that offer the sugar substitutes I generally go with Stevia and I'm not impressed with that either.
Sabrina K.
Buffalo, NY
Are there any drawbacks by using Truvia instead of other sugars?
Taylor K.
Upper Sandsky, OH
Eco-warrior Expert Level 2
I heard this stuff isn't good for you really? Is it true?
Grace B.
Glendale Hts, IL
Is this stuff like Stevia? I just don't like the taste of these kind of sweeteners. Sugar might not be good for you either but everything in moderation.
Mazie B.
Can you tell the difference?? Does it taste just like sugar?
Alisha B.
Spokane, WA
What do you use your Truvia in?