Jo J.
Jo J.
Camden, MS
To me this product is a little sweeter than sugar....but that's just my opinion.
Kimberly H.
Kimberly H.
Lexington, KY
3 years, 7 months ago
I certainly agree with that. Sometimes that's a good thing, but with any newer artificial sweetener I have to find my balance.
Alexandra B.
Alexandra B.
3 years, 10 months ago
Truvia is made from a stevia plant which is about 300X sweeter than sugar. You need to use less truvia in a cup of coffee or in baking due to this.
Erica A.
Erica A.
Palm Coast, FL
4 years, 1 month ago
It is very sweet, which helps ion making it last longer than regular sugar :)
Carla P.
Carla P.
Perris, CA
4 years, 10 months ago
It is a little sweeter and also has a weird after taste in my opinion.
Jamie W.
Jamie W.
Sweet Tooth Expert Level 4
It tasted like i was drinking sugared water.
Alexis R.
Alexis R.
Santa Monica, CA
4 years, 11 months ago
I found it to be really artificial tasting, even though it's natural. Didn't like it!
Rochester
4 years, 11 months ago
I always thought one packet of truvia/most artificial sweeteners were equivalent to two sugar packets?
Influenster M.
Influenster M.
4 years, 11 months ago
It is. Most sweeteners are sweeter than sugar. Many of the "alternatives" in the yellow packs are 300 times sweeter than sugar. That's why many people can find them off putting. It's not because anything strange is added, it's because you are not used to eating something so sweet.
Emma H.
Emma H.
Young Harris, GA
4 years, 11 months ago
While it may be natural it tastes artificial.
Chantal W.
Chantal W.
I agree with you
Ashley H.
Ashley H.
4 years, 11 months ago
It definitely seems to be. I switched to Stevia in the Raw, which I like more so far.
Kendra J.
Kendra J.
Seattle, WA
4 years, 11 months ago
Yes i agreed as well but i think it still has a good taste! to help with the sweetness usually i don't use a whole packet at a time and just use half of one or so
J H.
J H.
Elmhurst, NY
4 years, 11 months ago
Agreed - this tastes much sweeter and much more 'fake' than other sweeteners
Lacey H.
Lacey H.
Camden, TN
4 years, 11 months ago
This i sa great product if you have low blood sugar and you don't want it to go through the roof
Falls Church, VA
4 years, 11 months ago
It definitely is a lot sweeter. And what I've noticed is the grocery store alternative of stevia is even sweeter, so use with a light hand!
Kate H.
Kate H.
Morrison, CO
4 years, 11 months ago
Yes, but it doesn't carry nearly as "artificial" of a flavor that sweeteners carries
Hillary B.
Hillary B.
Eugene, OR
4 years, 11 months ago
I agree, It tastes sweeter but not the same sweetness as sugar. I use it mainly in my coffee and tea.
Jillian B.
Jillian B.
Ocala, FL
4 years, 11 months ago
I agree so i just use a little less
Kahlista C.
Kahlista C.
Raleigh, NC
4 years, 11 months ago
I think this product tastes the same as sugar. I am delighted that it is healthy so I can have more treats every once and a while. You can really taste a tint of strawberry.
Natacia Z.
Natacia Z.
4 years, 11 months ago
I agree that it is sweeter, but depending on what product you use it with. On Strawberries, it make them very sweet. I use a lot though to make sweet tea. I like this product, but not really my taste. For some reason it gives a soft grainy texture if it doesn't desolve right away. :/
Eboni J.
Eboni J.
Arlington, TX
4 years, 11 months ago
I agree, I mostly use this with my coffee but I think I couldn't bake with this because it will make it too sweet (maybe I just need to find the correct measurements)
Jessicalind A.
Jessicalind A.
Wilkes Barre, PA
4 years, 11 months ago
I think it is kind of like apple pectin *a natural sweetener companies use instead of sugar*. However, I think if you lower the dose of sweetener I think it will be less sweet.