Jesse L.
Jesse L.
Does this product have an after taste like other non-sugar calories?
Bridget H.
Bridget H.
Jacksonville, NC
7 months, 3 weeks ago
Sweet Tooth Expert Level 1
There isn't an after taste in my opinion but I agree with others just one packet goes a long way. I don't find it as sweet as Sweet n Low. Hope this helps!
Chelsea N.
Chelsea N.
Astoria, NY
9 months ago
Sweet Tooth Expert Level 1
Going to be honest, I notice a change in taste and usually stick to honey but this is a great healthier alternative
Brittany C.
Brittany C.
10 months, 1 week ago
i dont really notice an after taste but i will warn that it is super sweet! sweeter than regular sufar so be careful when using
Jennifer C.
Jennifer C.
Kent, Oh
3 years, 2 months ago
Some people taste a slightly bitter aftertaste, others don't. I like the taste, but if I use too much I do get some aftertaste. It is much sweeter than sugar, so not as much is needed
Michelle C.
Michelle C.
Bradford, MA
3 years, 2 months ago
I think this one is one of the worst...I can actually taste chemicals with this. i am not buying it is All natural.
Courtney N.
Courtney N.
3 years, 4 months ago
I think this product has an aftertaste when mixed in drinks, such as coffee and tea. One of my favorite snacks is to dip strawberries in a little bit of Truvia though and I don't notice the aftertaste.
3 years, 5 months ago
My friend says yes, I say no. I think it depends on your sensitivity to things like that. For instance, I love diet coke, but she can't drink it because of the artificial sweeteners.
Jennifer L.
Jennifer L.
Sparks, NV
3 years, 5 months ago
I thought so at first and actually gave up using it. Then I tried it again and found no weird taste.
Jennifer D.
Jennifer D.
Kansas City, MO
3 years, 6 months ago
I say it's a bit more sweeter but with that being the case you can use less of it. Not that it matters because it is 0 calories and 0 carbs =)
Charlyn G.
Charlyn G.
Mountlake Ter, WA
3 years, 7 months ago
I don't think so, i hate after tastes of the fake sugars that are filled with chemicals. this one is my go to calorie free sweetener! it makes things even sweeter, so you don't need anymore than one packet or two.
Yesica L.
Yesica L.
3 years, 7 months ago
Sweet Tooth Expert Level 2
It depends i think when diet products they all contain an after taste but after being on a diet for a long time you cant tell the difference.
Sandra O.
Sandra O.
Two Rivers, WI
3 years, 8 months ago
I really can't tell the difference between real sugar and Truvia. I use it in tea, on my grapefruit, baking, etc. I love that I can use something sweet without having the calories!
Alexandra B.
Alexandra B.
3 years, 10 months ago
Some people notice an aftertaste and some do not. For one of my science classes we baked with truvia and with sugar to see if the class could tell the difference. Most people couldn't even eat the product made with truvia because the aftertaste was too strong. Personally, I think the aftertaste is horrible and I don't use any stevia products because of it.
3 years, 12 months ago
My friends think so, but if so this has the least aftertaste of all the sweeteners out there!
Erica A.
Erica A.
Palm Coast, FL
4 years ago
I never notice an after taste when using Truvia.
Nicole M.
Nicole M.
Bakersfield, CA
I never noticed one.
Kathleen H.
Kathleen H.
Austin, TX
4 years, 2 months ago
Never noticed a bitter aftertaste, but it is, as many other artificial sweeteners, TOO sweet... and also faintly vanilla scented.
Liza L.
Liza L.
San Diego, CA
4 years, 2 months ago
With other non sugar substitutes there is an aftertaste .... but it isn't bitter but with truvia I always get a bitter aftertaste
Stephanie S.
Stephanie S.
Wildwood, FL
4 years, 4 months ago
For me it is VERY slight...but still there. Doesn't really bother me, not as bad as others!
Liz M.
Liz M.
Bronx, NY
4 years, 6 months ago
Yes, it has a chemical aftertast that I did not like.
4 years, 6 months ago
I have a couple friends that are extremely sensitive and still don't like this - but I find it to be a HUGE improvement over Equal/Sweet 'N Low, even Splenda.
Carolina A.
Carolina A.
Whittier, CA
4 years, 7 months ago
I am very sensitive to artificial sweeteners. I can't stand the aftertastes that most have. This one absolutely doesn't. They crystals look like a courser sugar.
Jessica C.
Jessica C.
Booneville, KY
4 years, 7 months ago
I think it depends on what you use it in.
Brandy F.
Brandy F.
Spring Hope, NC
4 years, 8 months ago
To me it had an after taste
Sarah M.
Sarah M.
Columbia, SC
4 years, 8 months ago
It has no after taste! That's what makes this product so amazing!
Tiffany F.
Tiffany F.
Petaluma , Ca
4 years, 9 months ago
To me there is no aftertaste, and that is why I like it. I hate the ones that stay in your mouth with that nasty after taste but I can't taste it with this I love it :)
Samantha H.
Samantha H.
Guntown, MS
4 years, 9 months ago
It definitely has an aftertaste, especially when used in beverages like coffee and tea.
Philadelphia, PA
To me personally it has a slight aftertaste
Philadelphia, PA
To me personally it has a slight aftertaste
Elena T.
Elena T.
4 years, 10 months ago
I find that it does. I use it in my coffee, and it tasted like it was non sugar. I didn't like the after taste it gave. I'e use Sugar in the Raw, which is (at least what I believe it is, but I'm not sure) the purest of sugar. It isn't bleached. Its a light brownish, big crystal sugar in the rawest form. I don't know if its any better for you, and I know it might not be anything like Truvia, but I do love Sugar in the Raw !
Allison R.
Allison R.
4 years, 10 months ago
I personally don't think so, at least not in beverages