by True Blood
Ask a Question
Dana W.
Dana W.
Somerville, MA

I started reading after watching the first season and found myself flying through the series. Beware: the TV series stretches away from the books quite a bit.
Francesca B.
Francesca B.
April 28, 2014, 11:45 p.m.
The books were way better then the show but the show was better on the eyes ;)
Erin R.
Erin R.
Dec. 22, 2013, 12:22 a.m.
The reason they stretch it out is because the books are told from sookies perspective and the show gave a voice and personality and a story to the other ground players of the book series that basically are a backdrop to the sookie storyline in the book and give her more to work with in the TV show. to me anyway they gave the characters on this show more depth and mean to sookie then the books do. and don't u think it would be a boring show if it was sookie 24.7 it would be the southern version of the kardasions.. living with sookie Stackhouse LOL anyways that's my 2 cents
Beckie P.
Beckie P.
Sept. 10, 2013, 11:40 a.m.
I couldn't agree more with you! It was a little disappointed. I do love the books.
Barbara H.
Barbara H.
Aug. 26, 2013, 11:39 p.m.
There are extreme differences in characters and what happen to them. I tried to warn people after I read the books, which I read after I watched Season 1 -- the books and the series...are NOT the same! Both are good on their own though.

Join Now