BY HILTON HOTELS #33 in Hotels

Welcome to Tru by Hilton, a place that embraces vibrant simplicity and is fun and engaging. We stand for the love of simplicity, we embrace the human spirit, and we champion the value-conscious traveler. This is a back-to-basics experience with soul. A simplified, spirited brand grounded in value, offering a back-to-basics experience with soul, consistently delivered in a surprisingly affordable way.

• Is this a new hotel or has it been around?2 Answers
Daniela C.
SAN JUAN, TX
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
visited the San Antonio location this past weekend and it was a mess, went with a group of friends, my bf and I booked our room online with no issues, once we got to hotel our friends tried getting a room too but were informed by front desk they didn't have any rooms available,  I had booked our room a few hours earlier and saw they had plenty of rooms still available,  once I informed the receptionist that online it says they had rooms she said oh no its a glitch.. anyways so we sat in lobby while we tried to find them a hotel near by and again i checked online and sure enough rooms where available, so my friends tried booking online and it went thru confirmation and all.. once they did that we went to reception to let them know about reservation they had just made,  the girl didn't even bother to check on the computer and just said oh no, it shouldn't let you we don't have rooms, she said she needed to talk to manager and would be right back. 20 minutes later she comes back and informs us that her manager is on phone with someone else... another 25 minutes later and still nothing.. finally we decided to just get our refund and go else where and once we told the girl to just refund us she was like oh good news we do have rooms .. they either didn't want us (Hispanic and  young) to stayed there or they thought we where going to party and destroy their rooms IDK but it was so unprofessional to have us wait 45 minutes, never got an answer from the ",manager" and once we wanted to leave the rooms where available... it gets 2 starts because yes, it was nice.. very new too.. still smelled like paint as well... rooms where very cute, modern and new of course but they did treat us like poop at first
Annika S.
Rapid city, SD
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I LOVE staying in the Tru hotels. I personally stay in Cheyenne, WY, and North Platte, NE. The North Platte hotel just opened up, and it is gorgeous! Very eco friendly (hello no little plastic bottles), and there is always a supply of soap and shower necessities. Very updated hotel, and have a fire pit table in the back, which is great to sit by!
Jamie M.
Dallas, TX
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Seriously the coolest hotel I've ever stayed in! It is perfect for young people and families! The breakfast was by far one of the best (they even have a topping bar for your oatmeal yogurt and bagels)!! For such a reasonable price, 24 hour coffee, and the coolest amenities around, I would recommend to all!
courtney w.
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
My husband and I go went to this hotel because the hotel we originally were in was disgusting. We went the Sterling Heights Michigan location and it was only 4 days old and we got there the staff was really nice and understanding. They made sure we had a great rest of our wedding weekend.
Leia G.
Comanche , OK
This was a trendy, adorable place to stay. The fun accents were special. I loved the pops of color and the water like floors in the elevator. Check in was fast and easy. Very nice people. Lovely pool. Lovely bar with live music. Everything was clean and open. I would highly recommend!
Jade P.
Benton, AR
Wonderful. Clean. Modern. My sister and I stayed at a hotel here in Dallas that was so beautiful, clean and all around wonderful. They had complimentary breakfast that we enjoyed, a really lovely pool, and the suite we stayed in was just miraculous. We were even gifted a pint of free ice cream while checking in and talking about how good it looked! We were so pleased with our stay and would definitely go again.
Shana C.
Chesapeake
My husband and I liked the Tru we stayed at in Cheyanne, Wyoming. Their breakfast speed was not all that glamorous, but was nice to look at. I would’ve liked them to put out an egg option. I love eggs in the morning.
Kristen S.
This hotel is very minimalist. It’s basically like walking into an ikea. The breakfast is continental so not much to eat. They have a lot of random stuff. The rooms are small too
Bri C.
Mount Vernon, IA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
it’s a weird name. why would you name a hotel tru? the customer service was really nice, but i’ve only been there once. the pool was good, and so was the hot tub, the only problem was that the room was missing the mini fridge, and it turned out someone stole it!
Halle C.
Bryan, TX
This was a pretty nice hotel. The room was really clean and comfortable, and the staff were very friendly. I really enjoyed that there were extra towels left in our room as requested before our stay. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others.
Christina A.
Las Vegas, NV
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Is this a new hotel or has it been around?