BY WOLFGANG PETERSEN

Brad Pitt stars in an epic tale of passion, heroism, betrayal and war that has been passed from generation to generation since the dawn of civilization--the story of the battle for Troy. A thousand years before the time of Christ, Trojan prince Paris (Orlando Bloom) abducts the legendary Greek beauty Helen, queen of Sparta (Diane Kruger), starting a war led by heroes Achilles (Pitt) and Hector (Eric Bana) that devastates the ancient world.

Troy
  • "I reallly like this movie, not because i study classics and the trojan war was one of the best part of history, but because well, who doesnt like brad pitt." in 10 reviews
Lauren E.
Danville, VA
Based on Homer's "Iliad," this epic portrays the battle between the ancient kingdoms of Troy and Sparta. While visiting Spartan King Menelaus (Brendan Gleeson), Trojan prince Paris (Orlando Bloom) falls for Menelaus' wife, Helen (Diane Kruger), and takes her back to Troy. Menelaus' brother, King Agamemnon (Brian Cox), having already defeated every army in Greece, uses his brother's fury as a pretext to declare war against Troy, the last kingdom preventing his control over the Aegean Sea.
Karina R.
Fort Myers, FL
Seriously justvwatch it so you can watch brad pitt! The best part is the part where they show hsi booty lol. The story is actually really good and not exagerated
Ashley T.
Lorton, VA
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Image quality is superb for both the DVD and Blu Ray verisons of the film .great movie enjoyed it.Outstanding movie with stellar effects and a great storyline. Although it only loosely follows the Iliad, it provides a excellent dramatization of ancient times and what might of occurred.
Griselda R.
Anything that has to do with Greek mythology or ancient Greece is at the top of my list to watch, so when they were showing a free screening of this movie, I was there. I enjoyed every second of it, and still do now. It has everything: drama, fighting, romance and suspense.
Louisa H.
Cleveland, OH
I liked this movie but I think it was mostly to see Brad Pitt to be honest! Being a classics major really brings out the mythology critic in me, and the story was a little warped. The sets were great though, and a lot of good action.
Caitlin M.
Los Angeles, CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 4
Be honest. If you're watching this film it's for Brad Pitt's butt. The accents are terrible and the acting is far from fantastic. Ancient historical dramas are always hard to pull off and this one just doesn't make the grade.
Angela M.
This movie definitely has that epic feel to it. I am not generally a big fan of Brad Pitt but I thought he did a great job in this movie. Its not one that I would buy and watch many times but still worth renting.
Maggie A.
Springdale, AR
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I loved the direction of this movie. Great action by both Pitt and Bana; this movie inspired me to read the odyssey. Good casting as well. Every actor in this movie felt and looked like ancient Greek mythology.
Becky V.
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
I love this movie. I have watched it too many times to count. My husband and I both really like it. I like historical dramas and this one makes you believe you are witnessing the actual events. Great story.
Samantha T.
Mount Dora, FL
One of my favorite Brad Pitt movies. I love anything having to do with Greek Mythology and I think he did an amazing job playing Achilles. Lots of action and fighting, definitely one of my favorites.
Amanda M.
Does this movie have any sex scenes or content not appropriate for pre-teen children?