BY TROPICLEAN CLEAN TEETH GEL #8 in Health & Grooming

Keep cat's mouth clean with Tropiclean's Clean Teeth Gel. Easy application requires no brushing. A proprietary blend of natural; holistic ingredients help fight and reduce plaque and tartar. Kills the germs that cause bad breath; plaque and gingivitis. Soothes minor gum irritations. see more...

TropiClean Clean Teeth Gel
  • "i put about a fingertip full in big dogs mouth on their gums and teeth and about half for small dogs teeth, the best thing is it works with the saliva to help break down the tartar and plaque buildup and it leaves their breath smelling nice " in 9 reviews
  • "My dogs do not mind it, my rat terrier chi has bad breath and struggles and sometimes the vet food isnt enough, so ive tried this and the liquid form where you put it in their water and they both dont seem to mind ." in 6 reviews
  • "This works great, but my dog does NOT like the texture of it, he keeps spitting it out but it does cleans the gums well." in 5 reviews
  • "this product has a nice minty smell ( the dogs dont really care for it tho) but it makes their breath smell so much better, & the plaque buildup is slowly disappearing." in 5 reviews
Amber B.
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
Review for: Fresh Breath, Dogs And more...
My dog HATES when I try and brush her teeth and this makes it so much easier. It freshens her breath and helps maintain the clean pearly whites. I sometimes still use it with a toothbrush for maintenance but it gets the job done and it’s very inexpensive!
Stephanie B.
Jackson Hts, NY
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
Review for: Fresh Breath more...
Love this tooth gel for my dog. I use it every other day and he doesn't fight when I put it. I use a doggy toothbrush to massage it into his teeth, even though you don't need to, but I like the extra precaution .
Janice C.
Woodridge, IL
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
3.5 stars. This helps keep your dog's breath fresh if your doggie has decent teeth to begin with. It's very easy to use.  The only thing is (minus 1 star) that our dog does not like it. He will actually hide his face whenever we take this out haha. The other thing is (minus 1/2 star), IF you dog has really bad tartar problems, this will not be enough. You will need an actual toothpaste and toothbrush to fight that tartar build up off. Which is what we had to do. However, we still use this gel for in between his weekly brush. I think this is best for MAINTENANCE only.
Nicole C.
Pittsburgh, PA
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
Love this stuff! My dog hates when I try to use a toothbrush on him. This stuff makes cleaning his teeth so much easier! Just a few drops in his mouth and all is good. It has a nice, minty scent to it. I would definitely recommend this over trying to brush your dog's teeth. My vet is even very happy with the results. For him being nearly 5 years old, he has way less plaque and tartar than most dogs they see at his age!
Rhianna W.
Great Falls, MT
Pet Lover Expert Level 2
I've got two indoor cats that have hit a point recently (they're 7 & 5 year olds) where I started to worry about their dentail health. Having had a pet I grew up with permanently harmed during the veterinarian's teeth cleaning procedure I've been really wary of taking them in for that. But if you're a cat owner you know there's no way brushing their teeth is going to happen if they don't want it.

Last month when I made my monthly Petco run I noticed they were carrying TropiClean's Teeth Gel which I'd seen advertised in Whole Living Magazine. Since it was on sale I figured I'd give it a try.

If your cat will let you hold them for the few seconds it takes to pull their lip up and place a drop on their teeth you can do this. I've been doing it nightly for my boys and their teeth and gums actually do look better. One's were quite red, the other had nasty death-breath. Since we've been using TropiClean they're both looking less filmy and smell milder.

While it won't replace veterinary dental care any time soon, nor kill all pet breath odor, I recommend it for cat owners who worry about having their pet put under for the vet as a gentle alternative. I like how low stress it is for my guys, a quick bear hug and a lip lift and we're done.

At the very least it's an improvement over the alternatives and I'd rather get kitty-kisses that smell minty than like... well, a cat's butt. ;)

I'll probably start using it on my dog eventually too but she's 75+ lbs and I haven't had much luck getting her to hold still for it. lol
Ashleigh F.
Pet Lover Expert Level 2
My boyfriend and I brush our dogs teeth every couple weeks or so with this stuff and it works great. Probably would see better results if we used it as instructed but I don't have a the money to keep but toothbrushes lol. But using it only every so often I still see results and his breath always smells much better afterwards.
Sabrina R.
Pet Lover Expert Level 2
I bought this for my cat that has really bad breath. It's easy to use because it comes with a small finger brush. I just squeeze a little on the brush and put it on my cats teeth. He doesn't seem to like it much but that's because he's not used to it. I need to start doing it more often because it does seem to help his breath a bit.
Mia M.
Radnor, OH
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
One of our cats has terrible breath. I mean, HORRIBLE breath. We're talking, plants wither when she meows near them type bad breath.
I saw this recommended on a pet care site, so I thought I'd check it out. Once I saw the price tag, I decided to research other options.
I tried them all... changing her cat food, little tins of "Kitty Mints," planting cat mint in their garden, you name it.
It still smelled like a fleet of skunk-sprayed mice carrying three-day old sardines had crawled into her jaws and died.
Finally, I broke down and doled out the $20. This prompted the biggest cat-related challenge we've had since we tried giving them a bath in the sink... Our little stench-mouth did NOT want to have the gel applied.
After several attempts, which resulted in moderate flesh wounds and a few other casualties (her ricocheting evasive movements wiped out our coffeepot, among other things), we decided to tag team the foul-breathed feline. My fiance wrapped her in a towel and held her securely while I pried her mouth open with one hand and attempted to apply the gel with my other.
Our youngest teen also participated, by fetching the band-aids and Neosporin for our resulting battle wounds.
In all fairness, that was the last time we tried it. Also, we weren't able to apply much, as she successfully wriggled free of the towel the minute that the minty freshness hit her tongue. It seems that my fiance did not wish to receive further acupuncture, so we decided to forego further attempts.
The idea is great. On other pets, I bet it works fantastically. Unfortunately, we have been blessed with an anti-dentifrice kind of kitty... with very sharp nails... and unpleasant breath.
Gladys A.
We'd been giving our cocker spaniel a daily Denta Stix for dental care and thought we were doing our share of his dental care. WRONG!!! Fudge is only 3 and his teeth were discolored and covered in tartar. It wasn't the worst case, but it was bad enough. I immediatly thought of how we lost our cat due to gum disease and thought I would never lose a pet due to dental issues again. Next I thought of how dangerous it is to put them under anesthesia. I'd be lying if I didn't say the expense wasn't of a concern. However, there is NOTHING we wouldn't do for their health. We went to Petco to see if they had some kind of toothpaste that helped remove plaque and tartar and hubby saw this product. It cost $20 in the store and I thought that was a lot for a small bottle of gel, but it claimed to do exactly what I needed so we purchased it. I went home and did some research but could only find reviews for a product called Petzlife. It's also a gel and the results on their site were amazing as well. Anyway, having seen that a gel made of natural ingredients actually worked, I decided to try the TropiClean. Well, it's only been nine days and his teeth are 75% better! And it's so easy! Not to mention that he likes the taste of it. I'm only nine days in and I can't wait to see what his teeth are going to look like when the 30 days are up. I imagine they'll be clean before that because this product really works. I will NEVER be without this as long as my pets have teeth.
Emily H.
Pet Lover Expert Level 3
This gel actually works as compared to other types of cat toothpaste. The down side is that cats don't seem to care of the taste, which it kind of smells spearminty. If you can get the gel on to your cats teeth it works wonders. I used this when I first adopted my maine coon as his teeth were very un-kept and it worked great the only hard part was letting me put the toothbrush that comes with it in is mouth. So what I do is I get one of the long cat toothbrushes from another kit and I use those with this gel and it works so much better. I would highly recommend this product if you like to brush your cat's teeth.
Katie O.
New Canaan, CT
Can i use this on my dog if it says for cats? or is there a different one for dogs/
Gabrielle M.
Dover, DE
My cat has the worst breath ever! How effective is this product?
Katie T.
Somerset, KY
Does this actually work good?
Kristen B.
Mount Clemens, MI
My dog drools a lot so he gets bad breath does this work and is it hard for you to apply it?
Diane H.
Newark, NY
Does this product really work, and if so how easy is it to use, my cat does not like her mouth touched