Tristar Products Power Pressure Cooker XL uploaded by Kathryn C.Tristar Products Power Pressure Cooker XL uploaded by linda l.Tristar Products Power Pressure Cooker XL uploaded by Alisha T.

BY TRISTAR PRODUCTS

Find Pressure Cookers at Target.com! Cook your favorite meals in not time with a Power Pressure Cooker XL. This powerful pressure cooker makes delish slow-cooked meals in less time that other slow cookers. You can use it to make so many mouth-watering recipes-from buffalo wings to pulled pork to apple crisp. Plus, you can use it to can veggies, fruits, salsa and more. Just press the right preset button to get started. It holds up to 6 quarts. This slow cooker is made of durable stainless steel with a sturdy locking lid. Color: Silver. see more...

• So, I bought this specific pressure cooker for my mom for...4 Answers
Buy on Bed Bat...*
cassandra o.
Austin, TX
-Chicken: For the first time every I cooked a whole chicken (see picture of it falling apart). My husband couldn't believe I cooked a whole chicken since I usually buy them at the store already made. It was excellent. I did 6 minutes per pound + 2 minutes. I also cook chicken thighs for dinner about once a week, which I had never cooked before. I do that for 10 minutes with some chicken broth and whichever seasoning sounds good. Ironically enough, I can't get my classic boneless, skinless chicken breasts to turn out, but based on my Facebook group a lot of people have success with them.
-Pot roast: I tried this once and it didn't work great. It was a very lean, thick cut of meat. I heard that the leaner meats are harder to do. Next time I'll try something different.
-Eggs: I can hard boil 30 eggs at once!!! I work 12 hour shifts and eat 4 with my lunch and 4 with my dinner. Since I work 4 days in a row I have to hard boil 32 eggs. I used to use my egg cooker and do 7 at a time, which was a pain. Now it's quick and easy!
-Steel cut oats: Another thing that I never ate before. At one point a couple years ago we tried making them a few times, but it's so annoying having to stir the pot all the time and then half the time I ended up with some crusted on the bottom which was annoying to clean up. Now I use the PIP (pot in the pot) method. I put 1 cup of water in the bottom, then the trivet in, then 1 cup of steel cut oats in a large Pyrex glass dish with 2 1/2 cups of water. I put it on for 10 minutes manual high pressure and walk away. Once the pressure releases and I open it they are perfect! I then divide them up into mason jars and put them in the fridge. At breakfast time I warm them up, add some milk for creaminess and they are perfect. We eat them every single morning now. The only dish I have is the Pyrex bowl and I just rinse the metal pot out since it didn't touch any food.
-Soups: I had never made soup before this. I have made chicken noodle soup many times and everyone loves it. I HATE how chicken noodle soup always has mushy noodles. Not mine! I cook the noodles to how I like them. I've bene wanting to experiment with more soups, but I'll do that in winter.
-Yogurt: Another amazing feature. I've made yogurt 3 times and love it. My 2 year old only eats my yogurt. I can make a gallon of organic yogurt for a fraction of the cost of buying it at the store. It takes some patience, but the hands on work part of it is only about 20 minutes. There's a lot of waiting for things to heat, cool, incubate, set. I've finally learned when to start to have each step finish at the right time. Feel free to ask if you have questions.
-Sides: I found a recipe for a mac and cheese that everyone loves. My daughter and her friends are always begging me for it. The best part? It's only 5 ingredients (pasta, heavy whip, butter, salt and cheese). It also only requires washing a cheese grater and the pot and it only takes 20 minute from start to finish. No hard to pronounce, artificial, food dyed ingredients. I have also mastered spaghetti with meat sauce. Before this I had never once made spaghetti with meat sauce. Now I do it all the time. Again, I only have ONE thing to clean afterwards. If I tried doing with without the IP I would have a pan for the meat, pot for the pasta, strainer. It only takes about 20 minutes start to finish. It can be real simple (meat, jar of sauce, pasta, water) or get really complicated with making your own sauce (even then it's still pretty easy).
-Veggies: Many veggies can be cooked in here. Delicate ones, like broccoli are harder to do. Con on the cob in here is amazing though. Much quicker than any other method.
-Deserts: I haven't made a desert yet, but on my Facebook group a ton of people are making cheesecake. I try to keep deserts out of the house and just have them for special treats when we're out. So I haven't tried this. A ton of people in my Facebook group are doing it and they look like they turn out great.
-Chicken broth: I am not the type of woman who makes chicken broth. My step-mom does that kind of stuff and I look at her like "why don't you just buy it". Well, now I am the type of person who makes chicken broth. After throwing a whole chicken in here I take the carcass (I hate that word!) and put it back in with some veggies, set it for 2 hours and it's done! I strain it and then have beautiful, healthy, yummy chicken broth. The first time I did it my husband looked at me like I was cray-cray. Now he helps by saving his bones. There is no better chicken noodle soup that when it's made with homemade broth! Yummy!!!
-Spaghetti squash: This is one food I accepted that it's harder to make than it's worth, so we hadn't eaten it in years. Not anymore! I put it in for 20 minutes without cutting it. When I opened the pot the squash is intact, but with the skin peeling off. It's easy to cut it in half from there, scoop out the seeds and separate it.
-Applesauce: Whenever my apples start getting too soft, I peel them, use my little apple slicer and throw them in here with some cinnamon. There are recipes for if you want to add sugar, lemon, honey, ect. I prefer just apples and cinnamon though since it's healthy and natural. My kids love it. 8 minutes on manual with a natural release. I just stir it with a fork and don't even need to blend it. There are small, very soft chunks. I wish I had this when my son was a baby!

Those are a few of them things I've made. I have learned to experiment more. Since I usually don't have to do many dishes with the IP I tend to enjoy experimenting. I have a cookbook I write all of my successes in. My family is constant surprised at how much this has changed how we eat. I usually don't keep appliances out on my counter, but since I use this at least once a day I never put it away. The only downfall is I think there is a learning curve to it. It's a little intimidating at first and requires some trial and error. I was terrified of almost everything the first time I did it. 90% of everything has come out great. I'm learning what I like to cook and don't like to cook in it. I love that when we have a last minute neighborhood get together (it happens a few times a week) I can whip up a pasta dish and veggie real quick.

Tips (Added Jan 2017):
-Recipes generally don't include time to come to pressure. Think of this is the same as your oven warming up or water boiling. After your food goes in the pot it has the pressurize, then the timer starts counting down. You can speed this up but turning on "saute" first. It cuts the time more than in half.
-Instructions have lingo related to you the pressure gets released. First there's natural pressure release (NPR). This is just leaving the pot alone until the pin drops, indicating there's no pressure in the pot. The lid can then be removed safely. Then there's a quick release (QR), which is where you turn the pressure release valve at the far side of the pressure cooker. This takes about a minute and releases a bunch of steam, so you probably don't want this under a cabinet. There is also a chance of some food/fluid coming out, depending on what's in the pot and how full it is. If that happens you can wait for it to do the NPR or you can do short, slow bursts.
-If you're having problems with getting anything to work check all the parts first. Is the silicone ring in place? Is the pin in place and able to move up and down? Is the valve set to "sealing"? Is there enough water/fluid in the pot to pressurize?

Nov 2016 update: Well, it's not longer sitting on my counter, but I still use it about 2-3 times a week, which is more than any other appliance. I got over the honeymoon period, where I tried EVERY food in here. Now I know what I like and what I don't like in here and I stick with that. I recommend you get 2-3 good cookbooks with this and start finding fun recipes on Pinterest. I keep adding pictures and things in my review.
linda l.
We bought this product from Costco after Christmas; after hearing about the Instapot.
When I fist looked at it, I noticed two things; 1(it wasnt the Instapot), 2(it seemed like a fancy pressure cooker). A little disappointed I started to read about this cooker and I instantly loved the canning feature that wasn’t on any other pressure cooker of its kind! I used almost every meal for about a week now! We love how fast it works and how easy it is to clean! The bigger bowl helps a lot too so I can cook for the whole family! Its so easy to use and quiet too! I love it! Tristar Products Power Pressure Cooker XL
Kelsie M.
Sparta, MI
I absolutely love this item. My husband and I both love to cook but get really busy with work and raising a toddler. This cooks things so fast and locks the moisture in keeping the food so delicious. It makes food prep so easy and saves me so much time in the kitchen. I use it for everything now and it's a game changer in the kitchen
Jareb T.
Cabot, AR
My wife and I recieved this as a wedding present and we LOVE it. We have canned everything. It's so easy with this pressure cooker. It has multiple settings. It easy to program and go. Highly recommend this to anyone who is interested is canning.
Angela S.
Spruce Pine
I am so conflicted by this thing. Everyone seems to love theirs, while I'm over here hating on mine. One, I'm so confused as to how to use it. The booklet is no help for beginners to a pressure pot. The recipe booklet is not much better. I have no idea about all the buttons. Honestly, the few times I've used it I've just pressed buttons until I thought it started working. The things I've cooked in it I've not been impressed by. Two, it's so dang big and takes up to much valuable kitchen space. Overall- not impressed just give me my trusty old crock pot.
Lisa O.
Kelowna, BC
I got this on a $1 trial and was super skeptical of it. Id never used a pressure cooker before so I was interested to see how it worked. Let me tell you I am not disappointed in the least! I made ribs in 30 minutes! (prep time not included) I can't wait to use it more! The trial offer was amazing too - $1 for a 30 day trial, a free 9" Copper Chef pan (worth it for this alone!) and free shipping. If you like it they bill you 30 days later and you pay 3 payments of $33.33 for the 6 quart and a little more for the 8 or 10 quart options.
Karlie P.
So we all know there is a huge instapot fad going on and it's amazing. This was given to me to figure out and I've really enjoyed it. I love the simplicity of it. I've made different things in it and it's always turned out amazing. There are some features that it doesn't have that I wished it did. There is not a sauté option or a set your own timer option I needed to cook a roast for 100 minutes and it only went to 60. If I were to purchase I'd purchase a different pot but I did enjoy this one.
Miranda F.
Fargo, ND
I am so happy with all the options I can do with this pressure cooker! I have made a lot of soups! I have made a beef stew with carrots, celery, and potatoes! I am also going to use it for canning tomatoes! I like the digital display on it. The lid is easy to take off, put on, and lock it. This is a wonderful kitchen accessory to have! Super easy to clean! I like that it's alright to put in the dishwasher! I want to really thank this company for all the free items they included! The steamer tray, ladle, power chopper, measuring cup, condensation collector, and the wire rack! Also, I appreciate the recipe books!
Kathryn C.
Cumberland , RI
This thing will change your life. Every woman needs one of these. It cooks great meals super quick and it’s fun just trying new things to make with. The food comes out great! The worst thing about it is trying to figure out the proper cooking time for the different meats because if you over cook the food will taste a little steamed but I contribute that to user error. I love my pressure cooker xl. I bought mine from Bed Bath & Beyond with my 20% off coupon.
Elizabeth R.
Austin, TX
It delivers on being able to cook quickly. It's truly a life saver when I need a family meal made with little time. But after purchasing I was shocked to find out it is only safe to can jelly in and nothing else even tho the advertise you can and give instructions. The National Center for Home Food Preservation (NCHFP), an offshoot of the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), is warning consumers against using digital multi-cookers for pressure canning – even if they are advertised as being able to do so. This is system is one listed in the warning. Improperly pressure canned foods offer a hospitable environment for botulism – a toxin that can cause nerve damage, paralyze, and even kill. Botulism is tasteless, odorless and invisible to the naked eye. It's very sad that this company continues to make misleading claims.
Scarleth N.
So, I bought this specific pressure cooker for my mom for her birthday, she hasn't used it because she and I both don't know how to use it, we've never used pressure cookers before. Is there anywhere that we can read a step by step? What's the top button that sticks out for? I feel dumb asking this but we honestly don't know. Thanks!