by TripAdvisor
Ask a Question
Natalie P.
Natalie P.
Clifton Park, NY

Sometimes I read about the worst hotels in my area that I have no intention of staying at, just for a laugh. Is that a horrible thing to do? Does anyone else do that??
Shawntavia N.
June 29, 2016, 2:13 p.m.
Ive done the same thing
Rachel H.
Rachel H.
Oct. 25, 2015, 10:03 p.m.
At least you know where you don't want to stay!
Alex H.
Alex H.
Aug. 25, 2015, 10:57 a.m.
I do the same thing as well, its nice to do for a laugh.
Valerie I.
Valerie I.
July 6, 2015, 8:18 p.m.
I do the same thing. It's also great to do so you know where out of town guest shouldn't stay.
sal p.
sal p.
May 20, 2015, 2:51 a.m.
All the time
Kayla R.
Kayla R.
April 16, 2015, 7:46 p.m.
It's not horrible. I've never thought of doing that before. It seems fun (:
Tanya F.
Tanya F.
Feb. 4, 2015, 2:02 p.m.
I have done that too! I have also researched hotels we have stayed at in the past and seen how they have gone downhill.
Danielle A.
Danielle A.
Jan. 27, 2015, 9:12 p.m.
Yes! It can get entertaining!
Karine B.
Karine B.
Jan. 10, 2015, 8:49 a.m.
No but thats not a bad idea. I always like to know why people give a bad review.
Allison M.
Allison M.
Dec. 5, 2014, 10:20 a.m.
No but it's still nice to see that people can be honest about their stay and maybe the owners look too to see how they can improve.
Silvia M.
Silvia M.
Aug. 31, 2014, 6:52 p.m.
many people can run a really bad hotel and treat guest badly
Kimberlee M.
Kimberlee M.
Oct. 5, 2013, 10:23 a.m.
Haha so true. OR the ones that you thought looked nice on one site, but then you go to TripAdvisor and it turns out they are crappy.
Christine S.
Christine S.
Sept. 28, 2013, 12:54 p.m.
I agree with the other answers that the bad reviews are entertaining and sometimes helpful. Sometimes one person's bad experience can be a learning experience for others. It's also kind of fun to laugh at others misfortunes, sorry if that sounds bad but it's true.
Sarah M.
Sarah M.
Sept. 3, 2013, 1:49 p.m.
I always search for who wrote a 1 and why before I stay anywhere. It's good to see reviews from both sides of the scale!
Kodi B.
Kodi B.
Aug. 28, 2013, 2:43 p.m.
The bad reviews are always the most entertaining and well written, you are not alone!

Join Now