Trifexis Monthly ? Does anyone else use this and have amazing results?
How does this work?after putting on your pet,did u ever notice fleas?I usually do the liquid,but I'm hearing alot of negative things latley about that stuff.
What is the most flea treatment that best works
Start your review of Trifexis Monthly!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
“Although I have read a lot about side effects when using this product, I didn't have any problems with my dogs while using this.” in reviews
“I'm real funny about what I give them because they do not have the fat layer other pups have & this works great w/o sideceffects” in reviews
“My dog doesn't really like the taste of it and it MUST be given with food, but my dog has never had any heart worms or fleas.” in reviews
“...even after having to put it down her throat (nothing like pill pockets, peanut butter, cheese, etc worked), she would still throw it up :( We ended up going back to Sentinel and haven't had a problem since.” in reviews
Chiefland, Florida USA
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
Within that evening, the fleas were just dying off my dog. I favor the oral flea medications, especially living here in Florida, we don't get a break at all with these pestering fleas. It's a little difficult to treat growing puppies as they grow out of their current dosages sometimes, because puppies grow so fast, but it's important to dose them where they are now, not where they will be. Too much of this medicine can cause gastric upset. Make sure your pupper eats a good meal before administering as that really helps buffer the medicines affect and it's not uncommon to see a decrease in appetite for a day or two. Just ensure there's still a good supply of fresh water daily. Your pup will feel back to their good ol self and even better without fleas nagging them.
New caney, TX
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
I have a small 9 pound dog. I dont like fleas neither does she. I started giving her this flea prevention medicine and it has worked wonderful. She never has fleas and if she comes into contact with dogs who have fleas they die off very soon after jumping on her. I will say it is kinda pricey around 24 dollars a pill but lasts a month. Also will say its like birth control you have to remember to give it to them exactly in a month. A side effect ive seen in my dog is for about the first 2 days of when she takes it she will scratch more then normal but once it passes she hardly ever scratches. Its been a amazing experience and i highly recommend.
Harvey, LA
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
It works really well but I noticed my dog would throw up a few minutes after me giving it to her. I love how it does flea, tick and heart-worm all in one. It’s the only one of its kind. It’s very convenient but since I noticed she was throwing up I had to change it. I consulted the vet and he said it’s a common side effect from the flea and tick ingredient. So now I use a heart worm and flea due by advantage and she doesn’t throw up. Problem solved. A little history on my dog... she’s 3 years old, 23lbs and she is a chihuahua terrier mix.
Tampa, FL
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
This is a prescription product so you’ll have to talk to your vet if this is a good choice for your pup but this is the only thing I use for my pups. It prevents fleas, ticks, heartworms, and a couple of other things and starts working within 5 hours. My pups personally don’t mind taking the pill as we just wrap it in kraft American cheese and they swallow it without ever noticing. There is a strong smell, so if you have a picky pup I would just open the pill packet and let it air out a bit.
Port St Lucie, FL
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
These are great because at least I only have to give my dog one pill a month instead of two (for heartworm and flea prevention), but it’s still a pain to get him to take it. It has a strong smell that even I can smell when I open the packet. It doesn’t matter what kind of meat I hide it in—he can smell the pill and won’t go near it. I end up having to put it in the back of his mouth and quick give him something good in hopes that he’ll swallow it. It usually takes a couple tries. 😝
Monroe
I love it because it covers all the bases and although some dogs cannot tolerate it my dog can. I will say I haven’t seen a flea on her, so no side effects with this ingestible pill.Normally we give it to her with peanut butter or cheese but at times I can be cumbersome that’s the only downfall about this medication otherwise I love it.As with any pet, each one may need something totally different but I would highly recommend it if this was an option
Sacramento
my vet just changed to a flea medicine it’s every three months because my dog refused to take the try fix us. It turns out he spits every medication out. I plan to go back to try Trfexis once the three month pill wears out.Right now I have to take the dogs in for a heartworm shot every six months and give the tablet every three months. Since Fritz the dog doesn’t take the three month pill any better than he took Trifexis it’s easier for me to just remember giving one medication for both problems -fleas and heartworm- instead of dealing with two different treatments. Definately going back to Trifexis.
Waverly, OH
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
Heartworm-check, fleas-check, intestinal parasites-check. Why no tick prevention included? Makes no sense to me. For how much I pay for these it sucks I have to buy an additional preventative for ticks alone. He also hates taking this pill. After I use up my box I will most likely seek heartworm prevention elsewhere and get a tick/flea prevention combo instead. If it had tick prevention included it would be a definite repurchase.
Highland
I like that it does everything and it’s all in one pill. The ones for the big dogs are a little big but usually with some peanut butter it’s just fine. I recommend leaving the actual pill out on the counter over night though, the pills do have a certain smell to them that most dogs aren’t too excited about. By leaving it out over night most of the smell goes away and helps picky dogs not be able to smell it as much!
Los Angeles
This is the ONLY brand a flea, intestinal worm and heart worm medication I will give my two little Brussels Griffons. It doesn’t have long term negative effects like a lot of other products, and has really helped to reduce itching for both of them as well!! This is a great product for dogs who are in California, as the state has a flea problem and allergens only native to it. I would recommend for any doggo!!!
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Winchester, VA
il y a un an
Trifexis Monthly ? Does anyone else use this and have amazing results?
Colleen K. • il y a un an
I have not, but only because we have a dog who has seizures and that particular brand isn’t a good [email protected]@pets with his seizures. We use Bravecto and have been please with it.
Toronto
il y a un an
good for senior dogs
Rachel R. • il y a 7 mois
Trifexis Monthly it’s good for any type of age dogs. It works wonders for all of mine, all different ages. Just DO NOT give to heart worm positive dogs!