Trifexis Monthly uploaded by isabel m.Trifexis Monthly uploaded by Léage Marie M.Trifexis Monthly uploaded by Kristen A.

BY TRIFEXIS MONTHLY #1 in Pet First Aid

• Can this be crushed up and mixed with their food?2 Answers
  • I've read about some of the adverse events related to this produc...3 Answers
  • How does a topical product prevent heart worms? I'm not super fam...3 Answers
Trifexis Monthly
  • "Although I have read a lot about side effects when using this product, I didn't have any problems with my dogs while using this." in 6 reviews
  • "I gave this to my pup but after awhile it just seemed like she couldn't stomach it; she never liked the taste so even after having to put it down her throat (nothing like pill pockets, peanut butter, cheese, etc worked), she would still throw it up :( We ended up going back to Sentinel and haven't had a problem since." in 5 reviews
  • "I'm real funny about what I give them because they do not have the fat layer other pups have & this works great w/o sideceffects" in 5 reviews
  • "My dog doesn't really like the taste of it and it MUST be given with food, but my dog has never had any heart worms or fleas." in 5 reviews
isabel m.
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
Trifexis is a monthly tablet for fleas, ticks and heartworms. I tried this pill for more than A year and noticed it upset my dog’s stomach. As this need a prescription, and it is expensive, I searched online for lower prices. I ordered from Petcare Rx and they call your vet for a prescription and send it by mail. I stopped giving it to my dog because of the effect it had on his stomach, and went back to use Revolution, a topical monthly prescription medicine that you put between the shoulder blades. This works better for us.
Janie T.
Porter, TX
Pet Lover Expert Level 2
I have two canine furbabies who have been on this magical little pill for more than a year and it works great for us. Not only does it prevent fleas but it also prevents heartworms, hookworms, roundworms, and whipworms. You can get it at your local veterinarian who prescribe it by weight. My dogs' pill is small and is taken by mouth so it's easy to give them. when they fuss about taking it I just put it in a  Greenies GREENiESA Pill PocketsA Dog Treat  and boom all done.
Caroline H.
Hickory, NC
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
I have a Pomeranian and she has been on this medication since she was a baby. She has gone between the 1-10lb pill and the 10-20 lb pill and neither one have bothered her or upset her belly. Her heart worm tests have always come back negative and she never has problems with fleas! I very much love this medication for my dog. Obviously, the pills get more expensive the bigger your dog is but it really is worth every penny.
Maddie B.
Murray , KY
We have always used this flea and tick prevention and there have been dogs around my whole life. The medicine is effective at keeping fleas, ticks, and worms away from our dogs. The only thing I would change is the size. The larger breeds have a pill larger than a quarter so it can be hard to get them to eat it, even when it’s hidden in a treat or peanut butter.
Samantha D.
Winter Park, FL
I wish this stuff wasn't so expensive, but it really works wonders. We unknowingly moved into a house with a flea infestation and my dog was covered even though he has frontline on. The frontline did nothing and the only thing that killed the fleas was the trifexis. One bite and I could watch them stagger around and die. I'll never go with any other flea medicine again.
Greta W.
El Cajon, CA
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
Have given this to our dachshund for flea/tick/heart worm control since she was old enough. I like that it’s an all in one medication once a month and we don’t have to worry about remembering to do multiple things. Haven’t seen any adverse effects from this throughout the 2 years we have had her
Tonia P.
Lake Worth
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
I work at an animal hospital and recommend this product to my clients every single day. It is expensive, but worth the price to protect dogs against, fleas, heart worms, and intestinal parasite. I have used this for years with no problems. Pets with seizures should not have this medication
Anne H.
Johnsonville , SC
This medication keeps all of our flea and tick issues on the down low, though the effectiveness seems to slow down as their month ends. By the time it’s time for their next dose, the seem ready for it. They don’t mind taking the chew! I have recommended this to all of my pet owner friends!
Lisa T.
Pantego, NC
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
My dog has been using this since she was a puppy. I love that it’s one pill once a month and it protects from heartworm fleas ticks and mosquitos! It’s hard enough to get her to take one pill a month so I am so glad it covers four things! Very affordable. I also like that is beef flavored!
Anna C.
Huntsville
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
Convenient and works great. Heartworm prevention and flea control all in one. Just have to remember one med each month. Worth the price and don’t have to fight a wiggly dog to apply. We do have to hide it in some tasty PB and bread since the dogs have learned the smell and don’t like to take it plain but they eat it hidden with no problem.
Jackie C.
What are ways to get your dog to take it if you are having trouble getting him to? we have tried putting with his food, wrapping in cheese/bread/PB etc
Trisha L.
Thibodaux, LA
Is this product strictly for fleas or does it help with ticks and heartworm prevention as well
antonella B.
Pet Lover Expert Level 2
Has anyone experienced a negative reaction to this product (seizures, skin rash) ?
Sunshine R.
Pet Lover Expert Level 4
Did this make anyone else's dog sick? mine later that night was puking and had diareah
marco c.
Calexico, CA
Is product safe for my pitbull?she is only a year and a half old