Add a Photo

Reviews (2044)
Photos (241)
Ashley W.
Ashley W.

I have enjoyed having this product, and I definitely started with this one as a heat tamer because I needed to grab something that was affordable. Now that I have started reaching more for the It's a 10 series, I don't feel like I really need this since those sprays have a heat protectant in them too. But I do still spray it in my hair for double the protection. If that's even possible.
So as a cheaper version, yes get this. It works, and it's a good way for you to protect your hair. It's better than having heat damaged hair. Ps- the smell is good. It's not too strong, thank Jesus. Like I said, with adding so many products in my hair, the last thing I need is for my hair to be overpowering in scents.
Marielena O.
Marielena O.

I'm basically obsessed with this product right now!!! I have used the Chi Iron Guard for the past year, but this stuff is MUCH better. The Chi Iron Guard makes my hair sticky and dry. This Tresemme stuff seems so vitamin-enriched, it's super lightweight and makes my hair smooth and shiny, plus IT SMELLS AMAZING!!!! I want to wear it as perfume. LOL. The Chi Iron Guard doesn't smell good at all. Honestly this stuff hasn't only protected my hair from heat, but makes my hair look so much more healthy. I'm so happy I found this!

By the way, I have wavy, fine hair. Hair that curls/frizzes when exposed to humidity or wet. So, this definitely works on my type of hair.
Mona T.
Mona T.

BEST HEAT PROTECTANT EVER!! I don't quite know if it actually protects my hair from the heat and damage, but it helps my fine limp hair hold the curls and style better. I love the sprayer on the bottle. It shoots out a fine mist rather than a line of product like the other drugstore brands (Pantene). It has that signature TRESemmé hair products smell which reminds me of watching my mom do her hair when I was little. The smell kinda lingers on your hair but you can't detect it unless you sniff your hair (if that makes sense) so if you don't like the smell, avoid it. Other than that I highly recommend this product!
Dylan H.
Dylan H.
Thousand Oaks, CA

This heat protectant spray is fantastic. I've been using it for years. One of the few products I repurchase all the time. So many times I try something and it never blows my mind so I don't buy it again. I have very fine hair and this is the only leave in product I have found that does not weigh my hair down and I can tell the difference when I forget to use it. I have a lot of regrowth from losing hair after I had my baby so protecting those little hairs from heat damage is very important. I find that I have to use less hair spray to plaster them down when I use this product.
Vondah B.
Vondah B.
McDonough, GA

Having pretty damaged hair I noticed that my hair dresser put this on my hair before she dried it. She said a lot of hair dresses use it because it's cheap (under 10 dollars) and because the heat protect works up to 450 degrees and most blow driers only need to be up to 430 degree to dry and straighten most hair types. It's simple to use put the bottle a few inches away from your hair spray at middle to top of hair normally 3-4 sprays for entire head and then blow dry or curl or straighten! By the way it's also amazing smelling and makes my hair smell amazing the entire day!
Tamara H.
Tamara H.
Pomona, CA

Four stars, because I'm unsure if my hair is normally soft or not. I use this spray every day, before I curl my hair. I'm the type of person who cannot leave their house without doing their hair, and I need to protect it from the heat. This spray certainly does the protecting. It also has a very nice smell to it too. The spritzer part of the bottle is easy to use. The only bad part of it is when you're running out, and trying to spray it, it will sort of just bubble up and leak out of the spray part. I'd wholly recommend this product, because it certainly does it's job!
Aimee E.
Aimee E.
Alexandria, VA

I think i got the first wave of this product when it first came out and was excited about it because i was on a flat iron rampage and needed my hair straight all the time. I liked the idea of having shiny, smooth, and straight hair that wasn't damaged or burnt. I used it as directed and it smelled ok too but it left my hair greasy. My hair is feathery and fine and it weighed my hair down and i wanted some weight but this did way too much. I liked the idea of it and sadly never got it again. I use other TRESemme products and love them but this one isn't for my hair.
Crisnelly N.
Crisnelly N.

So lately I’ve been using this product when I do my curls with my hair curler. It works very well, because protects my hair against the heat of the hair curler. Also brings an extra shine to the hair and feels very very soft. The way I use it is as follows:
1. I put my hair in section and spray the product all over the section I made.
2. Then, with my hands I start to spread it in all the hair.
3. For last one, I start to do my curls.
When I finish, my hair looks with volume and the shine is visible. And the most important, is protected from heat!!
Shay L.
Shay L.

This here heat protectant is Ahhhmaaazzzingg!!! I found out about this product searching for natural hairstyles for long hair. One of my hair crushes (hehe) has extremely long hair and had been using this product to protect her hair from heat damage when she blow dries and flat irons her hair. For starters, it smellls awesome, secondly this spray is very light on your hair, not sticky and it does its job. I'd recommend using this product. Especially if you're natural (for me, relaxer free) and still enjoy flat ironing your hair. I'm a believer!!!
Ashlyne M.
Ashlyne M.

For a cheap, drugstore heat protection spray I highly recommend this! I just recently within the last 6 months started a healthy hair journey and this product was recommended to me from my hairstylist. It has a really nice smell, and leaves my hair feeling very soft afterwards. I love that it is a spray and not an oil like I usually find some heat protectors to be. I was very worried it would leave my hair wet and oily but it does not at all and I love the way it finishes. 5 star product if you are unable to afford a higher end heat protector.
Jessica D.
Jessica D.
Lacey, WA

Does your hair ever look or feel oily with this product?
Kayla B.
Kayla B.
Indianapolis, IN

Is this a good protective spray for natural hair? Don't want heat damage.
Adeline P.
Adeline P.
Tavares, FL

Did the product get built up on your straightener?
Thania B.
Thania B.

How do you like it?
Alexa A.
Alexa A.
Victorville, CA

Does this by any chance leave your hair DRY?? i have been using the pantene heat protector and it leaves myhair feeling hard and super dry. I am scared to spend money on something else. Please help!!!