BY TRESEMMÉ #2 in Hair Primers & Heat Protectants

Heat styling is a great way to transform frizzy hair into smooth locks. But if you don’t protect your hair, you could end up with dry, damaged hair that‘s frizzier than ever. When you want a smooth, frizz-controlled style you should never settle for limp locks or poker straight hair that’s stiff and sticky. TRESemmé Keratin Smooth System, with Keratin and Marula oil from Africa, gives you 5 smoothing benefits in 1 system—fight frizz, detangle knots, boost shine, add softness and tame pesky flyaways— for hair that’s silky smooth and still full of natural movement. After shampooing and conditioning, lock in your style with TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Heat Protect Spray, which helps shield hair from heat up to 450°F, so you can smooth your way to professional-quality polish.

TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Heat Protection Spray
  • "I've used straighteners since i was 10 and my hair was surprisingly only slightly heat damaged as I always try and look after my hair...but it was dry in some areas and needed sorting out so i gave this a go and now i wouldn't use anything else, it smoothes, smells great, prevents split ends totally and damaged hair has improved and is totally unnoticeable!" in 2 reviews
  • "this product really makes my hair soft and it makes it look really healthy i use it when i straighten my hair it really does protected from heat i also use it before i blow dry it it really helps my hair" in 2 reviews
  • "Iv beening loving this product it has helped a lot with my frizzy hair and I love how it feels shiny and feels soft and looks healthy " in 2 reviews
  • "I have very thick hair and it really fights the frizz." in 1 review
  • "Overall good product but I probably wouldn't buy it again because TRESemme has another heat protectant with a black bottle and red top that I like MUCH better." in 1 review
Chels C.
Bethel Park, PA
I am a huge fan of the TRESemmè Keratin Smooth heat protectant spray. It not only protects hair from the damaging heat of blow dryers and straighteners, but it strengthens and de-frizzes your hair! It doesn’t leave any residue or stiffness in your hair, and frankly, I like the smell of it! I spray it onto my hands first and then run it through my hair, starting at the roots, then getting the ends, since that’s where I mostly straighten my hair, plus it just gives your hair that shine and protection! Definitely my favorite heat protecting spray!
Aditi S.
Vienna
This is literally my HOLY GRAIL for straightening. I have really curly, thick hair that is slightly coarse. Whenever I straightened in the past, it would look unnatural and coarse and stiff and frizzy. This is the only pre-straightening product that gave me literally salon straight, SHINY hair. I literally just spray this on my dry hair, brush it through and straighten - I don’t have to use anything else. People think I have naturally straight hair. It does have silicones, so beware, but since I’m straightening anyway I’m going to do the most anyways lol. I love this stuff it’s made the 1 hr process of straightening SO worth it.
Maria S.
This is a pretty good product and it gets the job done . But I feel like the other heat protecting spray they have in their line is better. The one in the black bottle and red top. I've tried that one and it's my favorite heat protecting product!
Like I said this is a really good product but I feel like the other one did awhole lot better.
Maybe the other just works better for my hair. Lol
Ebony I.
Eureka, CA
I went into Ulta looking for a heat protectant and the employee directed me to Tresemme and she showed me tresemme’s other heat protectant that I have tried in the past. This heat protectant seemed to work the best out of all heat protectant so have tired. I like how it helps leave my hair soft after heat has been applied. I haven’t experienced that before. I glad I decided to try this one and I hope it stays around forever TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Heat Protection Spray
MiKenzi L.
I love this product! I use it before I straighten my hair, everytime. I usually brush out my hair, then apply this product and brush it through again so it can get into each strand. My hair tends to usually be dry, so after I finished straightening my hair, this left my hair hydrated and shiny smooth!
I would definitely recommend, and constantly use; especially for their inexpensive price.
Amanda F.
Saint Petersburg
This product is AMAZING! It smells so good and does a great job of protecting my platinum blonde hair from the further damage that could be caused from heat styling. It makes my hair shiny and stops the frizz! Good value for a low cost!
Emily L.
West Des Moines
THE BEST heat protection spray. It does literally everything it says: anti-frizz, detangles hair, silky shine, soft feel, and tames fly-aways! I have never had a hair product be this true to their word. My hair looks and feels amazing. Plus, the smell is not overwhelming. I 100% recommend. I can't say enough good things about this product.
Abigail B.
Denville, NJ
I tried TRESemme Keratin Smooth Heat Defense Spray as part of my daily blow drying routine. After showering, I sprayed my hair and brushed the product through. The mist was fine and dispersed lightly and evenly. It smelled a bit floral but dissipated quickly, without interfering with my regular perfume. I blew my hair out as usual. My hair was nice and straight, no frizz or fly aways. It was left feeling healthy and moisturized, not try and damaged. I would definitely use TRESemme Keratin Smooth Heat Defense Spray regularly as part of my routine. It took little to no additional time in my already rushed morning.
Aimeeh L.
I have long been looking for a great and affordable heat protectant. This product did not fail me and is very easy to use. It is nice that you can use it both on a damp or dry hair. I love that it does a lot and all in just one bottle. It can detangle hair and also tame fly-aways. It is a good prep before using a flat or curling iron. I think that it added softness and shine to the hair as I use the hair styling tools. Lastly, it has good value for the money.
carmen m.
napa
I have been using this hair protection spray for years now I have not used anything different than this I recommend buying this it is worth it I am very glad i bought this yes it does have a nice scent to it I don't thin it needs improvement . it is affordable to purchase.
savannah h.
I really want to purchase this product, but i have had a very difficult time finding a heat protectent that doesn't make my hair greasy. does this one make your hair greasy?
Holly F.
Does it make hair oily after using it?
Sandra S.
Bloomington, CA
I have thin hair.. in i need something really good. Is this good? Or what do you recommend?
Alexandria S.
Does this work as good with blow drying as it does with straightening? I've found a lot of products work great with flat irons but not with blow dryers.
Tiffany P.
Stafford, Staffordshire
TRESemmé Keratin Smooth Heat Protection Spray Any recommendations on how best to use this? Doesn't seem to be working well for me

back