BY TRESEMMÉ

Using conditioner after you shampoo can weigh hair down and leave it flat. TRESemme Beauty-Full Volume Reverse System, featuring TRESemme Beauty-Full Volume Shampoo, is a game-changing regimen that gives your hair amazing body and bounce. see more...

• What is your go to hair do when you are trying to grow out your h...2 Answers
  • Just got my samples in the mail today...I'm just wondering how co...2 Answers
  • Has anyone tried this who isn't a sponsored Youtuber? I really ne...15 Answers
Lisa D.
Morrisville, NC
I was very skeptical about conditioning my hair before washing it; since it goes against everything I was taught growing up. I have wanted to try the new “reverse” system and then Influenster asked me to try it so they sent me the products complimentary for testing purposes. When I received my box I could not wait to get into it so I can smell the products. The shampoo and conditioner smell amazing and clean. One thing I noticed is that the conditioner bottle is smaller then the shampoo bottle 16.5oz for the conditioner and 25 oz for the shampoo. I left the conditioner on as long as I normally would (just in a different order), by putting it up in a bun to soak in. I applied shampoo DIRECTLY to my hair. (Do not rinse out the conditioner first, I think this makes a big difference! If you rinse your conditioner out completely before applying shampoo, it will be harder to brush afterwards. I typically don’t blow-dry my hair, so I let it air dry as usual, and did notice that it was sleek and straighter than usual. I have to say I love the new reverse system from TRESemmé "I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes." #ReverseYourRoutine / @Influenster
Michelle C.
So this is a one of two step sort of hair routine, meaning that the brand-restrictive nature of this product reduces one star for me. Usually, it is shampoo to get rid of the oily buildup and then a conditioner to add back some oils and make your hair more manageable. This reverse system has you use the conditioner first, followed by the shampoo.

In reference to the reverse system, I was not a fan. Using the shampoo after is supposed to take away some of the weight from the conditioner, but for me, it strips way too much and then makes my hair feel dry and tangled. (Yuck!) The shampoo smells nice and is thicker than normal shampoos.

I think I will test this out with the shampoo first and conditioner second and update my reviews based on my findings. In terms of conditioner, then shampoo, I say no way!

Edit: A couple hours later after letting my hair dry, it does seem to feel more lightweight +manageable

I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes.
Trina C.
Philadelphia, PA
First off: *I received this product for testing purposes*
Now that's out of the way lol. I was skeptical about the "reverse wash" process at first but the results have been fantastic! I leave the conditioner in for a minute or two while shaving/washing my face etc. in the shower and then rinse thoroughly. The shampoo has a nice, slightly creamy/silky texture. I do my normal routine of focusing mostly on washing my roots. I was concerned about the conditioner taking effect because I have wavy, fairly thick, bleached hair and was worried my hair would be too dry (aka KNOTTY) with the "reverse wash" process. To my surprise, I barely had any tangles in my hair while blow-drying and my hair felt much easier to manage :) after just blow-drying, I did notice some light volume and a soft texture to my hair. Loving the results. Even happier that this line is super affordable at about $13 for the shampoo and conditioner combined! Will definitely be purchasing this product.
Lianne R.
N Hollywood, CA
I received the free samples from Influenster and tried them right away. I was so shocked at how fast my hair dried! It was crazy! I always let my hair air dry as I do my makeup because I don't like damaging my hair too much by the blow dryer. I couldn't believe how quick my hair dried without a dryer. I ended up just trying to smooth out my hair with the dryer and it was super fast. I felt my hair afterwards and it was amazing! I've always had thick heavy hair and I couldn't believe that my hair felt incredibly light! I thought that was impossible for my thick hair. The only 2 negatives was that it left my hair looking a little on the dry side. It wasn't a big deal because I can use my Frederic Fekkai glossing cream. My hair also wasn't volumized. It actually was a bit flat but that tends to happen with my thick hair. So I don't know. Probably different for everyone. In the end, I'm buying the full size bottles. I'm in love with the weightless feel.
Erin G.
I received this from influenster for free for my honest review in order to reverse my routine.
Now I have before tried to use conditioner and then shampoo with little success with a different brand so I was a little skeptical when it came to this one. But I was pleasantly surprised.
Before I tell you how my experience with this one was I think it is important to tell that my hair is fine but I have a lot of it. When I used this shampoo I had two day hair and it was fairly greasy, my hair is also shoulder length and layered.
Now for me I only had to use half of the sample of conditioner and was still able to cover my hair for the most part besides the roots (I never put conditioner on my roots), it did take most of the shampoo sample though and it lathered up nicely.
After washing my hair was still smooth and was easy to comb through. It looked just like it normally does & I was able to go 4 days without washing again only using dry shampoo once!
Sherry N.
I am reviewing this product based on sample receive in the mail this month by #influenster. I love the idea of reverse wash/condition. PROS: initially the conditioner felt light on my extra dryhair, which noticeably felt softer. It felt like a cream rinse more than a heavy residue conditioner, which I really like since my hair is also fine and can be weighed down. The shampoo worked up a small lather and smelled great. I'm very sensative to scents however this shampoo has a very light cream texture that leaves a natural smooth clean feel and clean smell.
Cons: having two sample for my hair length and type was not as effective as having a bottle and trying it over a longer period. I would probably buy a bottle and see how it feels over time. I needed two samples in one wash.. This review information is from one sample wash.
I LOVE TRESSUMME products over all. So I'd say give it a try. #ReverseYourRoutine
Gema A.
Brooklyn, Ny
I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes. To be honest with you I'm going to have to say these were a huge disappointment. I love using Tresemme!! I use their shampoo and conditioner for curly hair. Now I'm going to have to start by saying that my hair is very high maintenance, I use a lot of conditioner for my curly hair to keep it from looking like a poodles hair. I'm a huge fan of their dry shampoo and other products, but this won't do anything to MY hair. First I felt that I had to use the 2 conditioner samples because it was just no covering my hair, than by rinsing it all off it didn't leave any type of softness to my hair, versus doing it the more traditional way (shampoo than conditioner). I would have to say this product is meant to be used for straight or wavy hair. Hair that is no as think or frizzy as curly or kinky hair.
Pasha M.
Sulphur, LA
Okay so I tried the step 1 conditioner and step 2 shampoo. To be totally honest as I was in the shower door step 1, I thought to myself this is def not enough I need more I wet my hair a tad and was able to get the conditioner all over. I left for a min. Then rinsed. Step 2 I said wow this really feels like my hair is getting cleaned. I started rinsing my hair and said no way I'm running a brush through this. Finished showering got out towel dried my hair enough to run a brush through it and first stroke went easy so I looked at the part that looked the most knotted and again went right through. Blowed dried my hair and still no tangles! My hair smells so good and looks healthy. Honestly when I normally shampoo my hair I get at least 4-5 handfuls before all soAp is out. Tonight 1-2 handfuls. I give it 4 stars!
Brooke L.
I was so stoked when I finally found this in stores, it seemed to be advertised for so long, but I could NEVER find it!!!
So I FINALLY got to try it, and I was not quite as thrilled as I thought I would be :(
The smell: AMAZING
The volume: I saw no difference
Pro: The great smell seemed to last longer, when using shampoo last you can actually tell when you can stop rinsing, because the "silky" feeling changes a bit so you know your hair is fully rinsed.
Con: My hair got extremely staticky from the middle down, and fell very very flat on the top, NOT the look I was going for! LOL.
So maybe if your hair is a different texture than mine it would work for you, my hair is course, naturally curly and color treated, so though I wanted to love it and it smelt amazing it just wasn't for me :(
Elana K.
I have used this product twice so far. I used with the pre- conditioner first. On both occasions that I used the shampoo, I ended up with a burning sensation on my scalp. I have never had this happen before with any product and I have tried many many shampoos. After my hair dried, (no blow dryer, just waited for it to dry on its own) it was very bouncy and curly in a way I have not seen it in a long time, so that was a plus. However, the burning scalp feeling lingered after the shower. So the results are that there is more volume, but I am kinda afraid to use the shampoo again. I will try the process with a different shampoo, perhaps the Tresemme naturals that I already have. I would not purchase the shampoo but am grateful that I received it free from Influenster for a campaign.
Darby W.
Southport, FL
Has anyone tried this who isn't a sponsored Youtuber? I really need new shampoo, but I don't want to buy something that sucks.
Hannah W.
Bear Creek, NC
Has anyone else had issues with having oily hair after a few weeks of using this product?
Shannon B.
Hickman, NE
Does this product work as well as one from the salon?
Brandy G.
Gastonia, NC
Has anyone tried this reverse routine and does it really increase your volume? I was worried about the way my hair would feel if I shampooed away my conditioner!
Laura J.
Jonesborough, TN
Can you use on color treated hair?