Transparent uploaded by ^^&&& y.

BY AMAZON #25 in TV

Cathy N.
Shoreline , WA
I like the premise of this show and the family dynamics. Many of the characters, like the children of Jeffrey Tambor’s character, are hard to like because they are self absorbed. I think Jeffrey Tambor does an excellent job and I am glad to see a transgender character, especially one dealing with their transition later in life. A complex issue. Judith Light is also wonderful. I like her character a lot.
Karen A.
Bellflower, CA
This is a good show no recommend people watch this. It’s one of those shows that you’re watching because people say to watch it and half way through the first few episodes you’re honking “why didn’t I watch it this before?” Then next thing you know, you’re onto season 3, you haven’t showered in 24 hours, you’re still in pajamas and wondering what year it is.
CJ S.
I love this show! It’s by far one of my favorite. However, I had to take two stars away for the fact that a cis male is who they chose to play a main character that is trans as well as the stories coming out about that actor and his inappropriate behavior with his female cast mates. Very disappointing.
Julianna f.
new york
I loved this show! It was funny, exciting, moving and emotional. It did a great job at shining the light on a touchy subject and was very informative. I loved the family dynamic and all of the characters. It was very special to watch such a tough subject in a funny and loving light.
Nikki F.
Fabulous show! Well written an relatable! The feels are strong with this one! I really enjoy this show it hits close to home for me, the characters are awesome! The issues they cover are very real an very raw! You feel like it's you right there in that moment, you get to see an feel the struggles of life as a trans today an coming out no matter how old you are when you do it's hard an brave, this show nails that point! Thankfully this show family is supportive an loving! Their adventures an hijinks are hilarious! Never a dull moment, you can really feel the main characters pain an confidence! She is my hero! There are great topics An issues that they cover an it's all interesting an funny they even get into Jewish history a bit, well their families history any way, this show has been a joy to watch I look forward to more seasons!
Lisa F.
I have enjoyed Transparent, probably more so their first season when we got to meet and know the dysfunctional Hefferman(sp?) family. Some of the relationships are wonderfully developedand there are definitely stand out performances like Judith Light and Gaby Hoffman.
Courtney K.
Eureka, CA
Excellent and engaging show, but with some problematic choices. Jeffrey Tambor is of course, an excellent actor, but couldn’t the lead have gone to an actually trans woman? Many trans actors do appear in the show, but keeping with the history of handing out leading roles like this to straight actors is out of date and, given the premise of the show, a little tone deaf. That said, even though ALL of the characters are almost predictably selfish and misguided, it’s difficult to look away.
jasmine h.
I wish I could give this show five stars, but the more recent episodes are so boring I can hardly get through them, whereas I was on the edge of my seat for the first couple seasons. it lost its touch but it’s still totally worth watching.
Olivia P.
Lansing, MI
This show is quirky, bold and funny. It's not afraid to "go there" when it comes to touchy subjects and embraces the transgender community in a way I have not seen before. The cast is excellent and it's hard not to binge watch!
Sydney K.
Washington
Good show but I’ve been avoiding the most recent season because it’s such a bummer and because I’m not sure I can watch Jeffrey Tambor anymore. But I love the visibility for trans people and how many trans actors are involved!