BY TRAILWAYS NEW YORK

Trailways New York

Start your review of Trailways New York!

How would you rate this product?
Did you forget to choose a rating for your review?
Ashley C.
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
Leaving from NYC to Scranton, PA, should have been a breeze. Unfortunately there was nothing but chaos and confusion in the station and at the boarding area. No one knew where to stand, so people were scattered about, looking lost and confused, because there was no clear indication of where to wait. The attendants tossed luggage under the bus like they were tossing pillows, thankfully, I had one bag that was small enough to board with. Ride was decent, quiet, driver was not spectacular but not awful, ride was relatively quick and the bus interior was clean. To make the same trip again, I would use Trailways again as my preferred mode of travel. They could probably use some new rides though, they seem to be the buses time forgot.
Cayla G.
Manassas, VA
I used to work at the Trailways Corporate Office in Fairfax, VA and we worked with New York, Adirondack and Pine Hills (Trailways is a franchise. The other companies pay the corporate office to use the Trailways Brand) for group charters. They were great! Jack, the Chartering Manager when I worked there, was always quick to reply and provided the greatest customer service. Every group that traveled on one of their buses reported that they were clean and the driver(s) was wonderful. They are also great with safety and obey the regulations set by DoT with their 10 hours on 10 hours off policy. The drivers cannot drive for more than 10 hours. If the trip is longer than that they provide two drivers or a driver switch halfway through the route. Great for families who are going on vacations!
Sierra R.
Rosendale, NY
I've rarely ever had a problem using Trailways NY. There may be times when you're riding that you're stuck on a bus that has no outlets, or maybe it's overfilled with passengers and you're stuck sitting in the dreaded back of the bus. As long as you pay careful attention to the peak hours for riding and schedule accordingly, you're less likely to run into the crowing issue. I have never once had a problem with the temperature on the buses, and if you do, the driver will not mind adjusting to fit a passengers' request. I would rather choose a Trailways bus over an MTA train, and have found the prices to be nearly the same based on my location. Altogether I've been very happy with NY Trailways and will continue to ride the bus!
Awilda M.
Bear, DE
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
I used to use Trailways New York when I lived in NYC and would travel upstate to visit my now husband in college. It was very convenient, reliable, and the tickets seemed fairly priced. There were some times where the bus is very packed, which can be rough on an 11 hour trip. But at least the leg room is decent.
Marlena S.
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
I've never had a problem with them. I used Trailways to travel from Upstate New York into the city. Low prices, buses are on-time and schedule is always up-to-date. The actual buses can be kinda uncomfortable especially if you're taller, wider, etc.
Kim N.
Manchester, CT
I have used trailways several times up north and it's a reliable source of transportation. The buses can be old or slightly broken but they are safe. It's just rough when the air conditioning is broken in July
Carly D.
Great Neck, NY
Honestly this isn't the best. To me the clientele is not amazing, but it gets the job done of getting you where you need to go. However, the customer service is pretty bad, so if you take that into consideration, I would look to another company because I find them to be pretty rude.
Jill F.
Marcellus, NY
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I actually enjoyed my last trip using NY Trailways bus service. I appreciated the vast amount of leg room in between seats the most. I also noticed the buses are air temperature controlled, so there's no worry of freezing or being too hot, while your riding along to your destination.
Ashley S.
Beaverton, OR
I have taken Trailways NY several times from Syracuse to NYC and have had a good experience every time. The only thing that makes the journey sometimes difficult are the rude passengers that play their music loud or talk frequently, but that is nothing the bus company can handle.
Janet H.
If you live or travel to very rural parts of Upstate NY, Trailways is one of the few ways of getting to your destination short of having your own car or renting one. Generally pretty reliable and the bus does have wifi. Can get crowded during peak travel times such as holidays and start/end dates for the upstate colleges.
Andrea F.
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
How much do tickets usually cost?
Becky J.