BY TRADER JOE'S #5 in Cooking Oil

Trader Joe's Organic Virgin Coconut Oil is derived from meat of matured coconuts. The production starts with freshly harvested coconuts that are de-husked and grated. Then, when the meat of the coconut is still fresh, it's cold pressed and filtered to...

• Is this good for oil pulling? 3 Answers
  • I'll be honest,never have I tried coconut oil but hear that there...1 Answers
  • What are your favorite uses? I've never used coconut oil, but hea...7 Answers
Buy on Amazon
Angelica G.
I use coconut oil for EVERYTHING! But I learned you can use coconut oil as a mouth wash to kill the bacteria, help to strengthening your teeth, kill bad breathe and have your teeth white! Get one tablespoon of the coconut oil, wash back and forward in your mouth for 15 mins and brush your teeth with your regular toothpaste and brush every morning and night! I can't forget the cost for the coconut oil its cheap like $5!!
Adrienne L.
I have been using this on my face for a few weeks. The dry air from the heating has dried out my face and using this has helped. I use it in the shower as my face wash and they liberally apply it after my shower. Very good stuff.
Jane Q.
Brooklyn, NY
Yes!! Trader Joes brand is the most affordable price I've found for this quality of virgin coconut oil. Perfect for cooking, lip scrubs, and moisturizing super dry spots. For those who have never cooked with coconut oil, there is a smell that lingers even after cooking so just be aware if you're not a fan. Recommend!!
Natasha G.
Port St Lucie, FL
The only coconut oil I've been using for years and I love it for my hair and for my skin. I use it daily on my son's skin and it helps keep his dry skin patches (due to eczema) under control. You want to look for "cold-pressed", "unrefined" and "virgin" when looking for coconut oil and for the price, it can't be beat!
Filo G.
Jersey Vlg, TX
This is the best coconut oil for the price!! I highly recommend it not only for cooking but also for making your hair soft and long and moisturizing the skin & dry patches. It melts to the touch. Keep it at room temperature in the pantry.
Jennifer F.
Love love LOVE! I like that it's Virgin and Organic and the price cannot be beat! I use it on my skin, hair, and in my recipes. I try to take a little bit each day and I mainly use it to cook in Asian dishes, but it makes your eggs taste great too. I am totally satisfied with this product and once again YAY for Trader Joes.
Tiara W.
Portland , OR
Traders Joe's Coconut oil is My Favorite and go to coconut oil. It s good for your hair, skin, and teeth! Coconut oil has Many benefits the list goes on. I used this every day when I was pregnant with my last son and I literally had no stretch marks. I highly recommend this stuff it's also super affordable at only $6!
Christian V.
New Haven, CT
I use it for like 90% of my cooking, for a lot of my baking and to make my own beard balm. I've bought so many jars that ive had to look up ideas on what to do with jars other than filling them with beard balm and infused oils lol and i dont plan on stopping
Tiffany S.
When coconut Oil runs you about 10 bucks on the regular but you take the time to get your jars from TJ's. I usually buy 2 jars at a time because I have multiple uses. I use this coconut oil for my body, to oil pull and cook. It is one of my favorite oils and a staple on my shopping list when I'm in Trader Joes.
Jenn H.
Bothell, WA
Love Trader Joe's coconut oil! Most good quality coconut oils are really expensive, but this one is totally affordable! It's good quality and has a good flavor! I just wish it came in a bigger jar because I go through it too fast!
Sara F.
Grove city , OH
What are your favorite uses? I've never used coconut oil, but hear many perks.
Alexandra G.
Saint Louis, MO
What are some ways that you can use coconut oil, other than to cook with?
Briana W.
N Tonawanda, NY
I've always read that there are so many things to do with coconut oil that are good for you. What are some things that are highly recommended and if you've tried them, how did they work for you?
Autumn G.
Throop, PA
I want to start using coconut oil to cook with. I heard it's a healthier option to substitute butter. Is this true? How do I cook with it? What are some things I can cook?
Christy S.
New Baden, IL
What's your favorite way to use coconut oil?