BY TRADER JOE'S #5 in Cooking Oil

Trader Joe's Organic Virgin Coconut Oil is derived from meat of matured coconuts. The production starts with freshly harvested coconuts that are de-husked and grated. Then, when the meat of the coconut is still fresh, it's cold pressed and filtered to...

• Is this good for oil pulling? 3 Answers
  • I'll be honest,never have I tried coconut oil but hear that there...1 Answers
  • What are your favorite uses? I've never used coconut oil, but hea...7 Answers
Buy on Amazon
Lydia E.
Boston, MA
I always have a jar of this in my house. It's great for so many things. I've used it in cooking, for my skin and hair too. It's reasonably priced and I will always have it
Christina A.
I use this for just about everything, except for cooking, which so many people like using it for as well. I purchased mine from Trader Joe's of course for about six dollars. Even at six dollars, that is a steal because my jar literally lasts for months! I use it on my body when I want to exfoliate (I like to mix with coffee grounds or brown sugar). I love warming it up to use in my hair as a scalp treatment along with tea tree oil during the summer or winter months when my scalp is being overly blah. I've even used it sometimes to clean my makeup off. It really is a product that is multi-purposeful and even though I don't like using it as a cooking product, you very may use it as a clean oil for stir-frying vegetables or things of that nature; but word to the wise, don't use it when cooking mushrooms, I learned that the hard way :| Overall, great product that I recommend.
Linda L.
San Francisco, CA
Love this stuff! I personally use coconut oil to moisturize my body and as a hair mask. You only need a little bit for moisturizing because a little of this stuff goes a long way. Because it's in a jar, it does make it more difficult when you get closer to the bottom, but good thing I have small hands!

I've tried it for cooking before and it's so nice with pancakes! Adds a nice little hint of coconut, but not overpowering at all. You must try it if you haven't!
Darlene M.
With all the hype of Coconut Oil (and it's well deserved) It seems companies try to over price them. I use this oil for beauty and cooking porpoises and it's like $5. Its virgin and it's organic. I don't see how big names try to sell the same exact thing (especially for beauty) for $30 like Kopari. I love their brand but refuse to buy their version of this when it's the same and so readily available and affordable.
Brooke B.
I love this coconut oil specifically, I feel like it's better than any "organic" stuff from say, walmart or target. I use it for several things; in a lip scrub, for scalp scrubs, hair masks, makeup removal when I've run out of cleansing oil, dog treats, and stomach aches (I don't suggest this for anyone else, it helps with my issues and has been cleared by my doctor.) The taste is.. lighter? It's not as heavy as with other brand coconut oils. It's moisturizing on the skin and in hair.
Nilofar b.
If you haven't tried coconut oil yet, you probably haven't done your research because it's so good for you in so many ways. But if you have done your research, keep in mind it's important to get the organic kind and this right here fits the bill. You can put it on your skin as a face lotion, at least that's what I do.
Kara B.
Pittsburgh, PA
If you haven't jumped on the coconut oil bandwagon yet, I suggest you JUMP! I use this for just about everything - in my hair, on my skin, in my food - it can substitute for so many things. Trader Joe's has the best price/value coconut oil that I've found, but it is much more temperature sensitive than other ones that I've had. I'm not sure why. It's not a big deal honestly, but it will become runnier if left in warmer/room temperature.
Callie C.
Baton Rouge , LA
I love this coconut oil! I use it for everything from cooking, to skin care, to hair masks. It's amazing and has so many great benefits! Also Trader Joe's has the lowest price for this stuff that I've been able to find (even cheaper than Costco). If you haven't tried it yet what are you waiting for!
C M.
Brooklyn, NY
You can literally use coconut oil for everything it helps with makeup remover that leaves your skin feeling smooth and soft. You can use it on your hair for when you bleach and use it to help grow your hair and your eyebrows this brand of coconut oil is one of the best however I do suggest because coconut oil does have a tendency to clog pores do not use the successively on your face especially if you're prone to acne
Kay D.
Mt Prospect, IL
This is my go-to makeup remover. With just one swipe over m extreme waterproof products, I'm left with a soft, fresh, streak-free face. The only thing I do not use this for is my hair. Coconut oil get a lot of hype for hair use, but I found that this completely dried mine out. I was also not a fan of the lingering smell when I put it on my hair, but everyone's hair is different. Great product nonetheless!
Sara F.
Grove city , OH
What are your favorite uses? I've never used coconut oil, but hear many perks.
Alexandra G.
Saint Louis, MO
What are some ways that you can use coconut oil, other than to cook with?
Briana W.
N Tonawanda, NY
I've always read that there are so many things to do with coconut oil that are good for you. What are some things that are highly recommended and if you've tried them, how did they work for you?
Autumn G.
Throop, PA
I want to start using coconut oil to cook with. I heard it's a healthier option to substitute butter. Is this true? How do I cook with it? What are some things I can cook?
Christy S.
New Baden, IL
What's your favorite way to use coconut oil?