BY TRADER JOE'S #2 in Coconut Oil

Trader Joe's Organic Virgin Coconut Oil is derived from meat of matured coconuts. The production starts with freshly harvested coconuts that are de-husked and grated. Then, when the meat of the coconut is still fresh, it's cold pressed and filtered to...

• Is this good for oil pulling? 3 Answers
  • I'll be honest,never have I tried coconut oil but hear th...1 Answers
  • What are your favorite uses? I've never used coconut oil,...7 Answers
Buy on Amazon
Desirae P.
San Bruno, CA
perfect for food but also works wonders when massages into your hair scalp. I used this a lot in my hair when transitioning from relaxing my hair to the natural hair journey.
Christina A.
I use this for just about everything, except for cooking, which so many people like using it for as well. I purchased mine from Trader Joe's of course for about six dollars. Even at six dollars, that is a steal because my jar literally lasts for months! I use it on my body when I want to exfoliate (I like to mix with coffee grounds or brown sugar). I love warming it up to use in my hair as a scalp treatment along with tea tree oil during the summer or winter months when my scalp is being overly blah. I've even used it sometimes to clean my makeup off. It really is a product that is multi-purposeful and even though I don't like using it as a cooking product, you very may use it as a clean oil for stir-frying vegetables or things of that nature; but word to the wise, don't use it when cooking mushrooms, I learned that the hard way :| Overall, great product that I recommend.
Linda L.
San Francisco, CA
Love this stuff! I personally use coconut oil to moisturize my body and as a hair mask. You only need a little bit for moisturizing because a little of this stuff goes a long way. Because it's in a jar, it does make it more difficult when you get closer to the bottom, but good thing I have small hands!

I've tried it for cooking before and it's so nice with pancakes! Adds a nice little hint of coconut, but not overpowering at all. You must try it if you haven't!
Darlene M.
With all the hype of Coconut Oil (and it's well deserved) It seems companies try to over price them. I use this oil for beauty and cooking porpoises and it's like $5. Its virgin and it's organic. I don't see how big names try to sell the same exact thing (especially for beauty) for $30 like Kopari. I love their brand but refuse to buy their version of this when it's the same and so readily available and affordable.
Liya L.
Ithaca, NY
The best coconut oil out there! It's so versatile and perfect for your basic cooking and beauty needs! Great for soothing chapped lips or dry skin in the winter, or for a deep conditioner treatment (be careful not to use too much though) and a great base for any natural skin treatment. It's delicious in a cup of coffee with some sweetener, or for fresh-popped popcorn and salt!
Brooke B.
I love this coconut oil specifically, I feel like it's better than any "organic" stuff from say, walmart or target. I use it for several things; in a lip scrub, for scalp scrubs, hair masks, makeup removal when I've run out of cleansing oil, dog treats, and stomach aches (I don't suggest this for anyone else, it helps with my issues and has been cleared by my doctor.) The taste is.. lighter? It's not as heavy as with other brand coconut oils. It's moisturizing on the skin and in hair.
Reanna P.
Brooklyn, NY
I don't have the two-pack but I purchased a single one of these and love it! I love that it's in a glass jar, and I trust anything organic from trader Joe's. Also you can NOT beat this price for this amount/quality of coconut oil. I think mine was $6.00. I use this as my lotion, in my hair as a mask, in my food, as a chap stick and as a shaving cream.
Nilofar b.
If you haven't tried coconut oil yet, you probably haven't done your research because it's so good for you in so many ways. But if you have done your research, keep in mind it's important to get the organic kind and this right here fits the bill. You can put it on your skin as a face lotion, at least that's what I do.
Kara B.
Pittsburgh, PA
If you haven't jumped on the coconut oil bandwagon yet, I suggest you JUMP! I use this for just about everything - in my hair, on my skin, in my food - it can substitute for so many things. Trader Joe's has the best price/value coconut oil that I've found, but it is much more temperature sensitive than other ones that I've had. I'm not sure why. It's not a big deal honestly, but it will become runnier if left in warmer/room temperature.
Jennifer W.
Johnson City, TN
I absolutely love coconut oil! It can be used for so many different things - I use it as a hair mask, I put it on my face at night, I put it on my feet when they are dry, I oil pull ( look it up ), I use this on my body instead of lotion...and the list goes on and on! I would definitely recommend it!
Alexandra G.
Kansas City, MO
What are some ways that you can use coconut oil, other than to cook with?
Sara F.
Grove city , OH
What are your favorite uses? I've never used coconut oil, but hear many perks.
Briana W.
N Tonawanda, NY
I've always read that there are so many things to do with coconut oil that are good for you. What are some things that are highly recommended and if you've tried them, how did they work for you?
Autumn G.
Throop, PA
I want to start using coconut oil to cook with. I heard it's a healthier option to substitute butter. Is this true? How do I cook with it? What are some things I can cook?
audrey C.
Waller, TX
Is this good for oil pulling?