BY TRADER JOE'S #3 in Coconut Oil

Trader Joe's Organic Virgin Coconut Oil is derived from meat of matured coconuts. The production starts with freshly harvested coconuts that are de-husked and grated. Then, when the meat of the coconut is still fresh, it's cold pressed and filtered to...

• Is this good for oil pulling? 3 Answers
  • I'll be honest,never have I tried coconut oil but hear that there...1 Answers
  • What are your favorite uses? I've never used coconut oil, but hea...7 Answers
Buy on Amazon
Brooke A.
Philadelphia, PA
Some of the most affordable coconut oil I’ve found on the market. Great as a substitute for olive oil in cooking. Also a nice alternative in many vegan baking recipes. Can’t beat the price on this one.
Alison O.
I was a skeptic until i tried it but....Put this on your buttermilk pancakes and thank me later. (Also good for using on dried skin to keep your body nice n smooth but to be honest, putting it on pancakes was way better).
cam p.
Redondo Beach
pros: removes makeup and feels great on skin.
cons: clogs pores.
it can also be used for cooking and is a healthy and organic alternative. the jar lasted us for a few years.
Lydia E.
Boston, MA
I always have a jar of this in my house. It's great for so many things. I've used it in cooking, for my skin and hair too. It's reasonably priced and I will always have it
Christina A.
I use this for just about everything, except for cooking, which so many people like using it for as well. I purchased mine from Trader Joe's of course for about six dollars. Even at six dollars, that is a steal because my jar literally lasts for months! I use it on my body when I want to exfoliate (I like to mix with coffee grounds or brown sugar). I love warming it up to use in my hair as a scalp treatment along with tea tree oil during the summer or winter months when my scalp is being overly blah. I've even used it sometimes to clean my makeup off. It really is a product that is multi-purposeful and even though I don't like using it as a cooking product, you very may use it as a clean oil for stir-frying vegetables or things of that nature; but word to the wise, don't use it when cooking mushrooms, I learned that the hard way :| Overall, great product that I recommend.
Linda L.
San Francisco, CA
Love this stuff! I personally use coconut oil to moisturize my body and as a hair mask. You only need a little bit for moisturizing because a little of this stuff goes a long way. Because it's in a jar, it does make it more difficult when you get closer to the bottom, but good thing I have small hands!

I've tried it for cooking before and it's so nice with pancakes! Adds a nice little hint of coconut, but not overpowering at all. You must try it if you haven't!
Darlene M.
With all the hype of Coconut Oil (and it's well deserved) It seems companies try to over price them. I use this oil for beauty and cooking porpoises and it's like $5. Its virgin and it's organic. I don't see how big names try to sell the same exact thing (especially for beauty) for $30 like Kopari. I love their brand but refuse to buy their version of this when it's the same and so readily available and affordable.
Brooke B.
I love this coconut oil specifically, I feel like it's better than any "organic" stuff from say, walmart or target. I use it for several things; in a lip scrub, for scalp scrubs, hair masks, makeup removal when I've run out of cleansing oil, dog treats, and stomach aches (I don't suggest this for anyone else, it helps with my issues and has been cleared by my doctor.) The taste is.. lighter? It's not as heavy as with other brand coconut oils. It's moisturizing on the skin and in hair.
Liya L.
Ithaca, NY
The best coconut oil out there! It's so versatile and perfect for your basic cooking and beauty needs! Great for soothing chapped lips or dry skin in the winter, or for a deep conditioner treatment (be careful not to use too much though) and a great base for any natural skin treatment. It's delicious in a cup of coffee with some sweetener, or for fresh-popped popcorn and salt!
Reanna P.
Montgomery, NY
I don't have the two-pack but I purchased a single one of these and love it! I love that it's in a glass jar, and I trust anything organic from trader Joe's. Also you can NOT beat this price for this amount/quality of coconut oil. I think mine was $6.00. I use this as my lotion, in my hair as a mask, in my food, as a chap stick and as a shaving cream.
Sara F.
Grove city , OH
What are your favorite uses? I've never used coconut oil, but hear many perks.
Alexandra G.
Kansas City, MO
What are some ways that you can use coconut oil, other than to cook with?
Briana W.
N Tonawanda, NY
I've always read that there are so many things to do with coconut oil that are good for you. What are some things that are highly recommended and if you've tried them, how did they work for you?
Autumn G.
Throop, PA
I want to start using coconut oil to cook with. I heard it's a healthier option to substitute butter. Is this true? How do I cook with it? What are some things I can cook?
Christy S.
New Baden, IL
What's your favorite way to use coconut oil?