BY TRADER JOE'S #3 in Cooking Oil

Trader Joe's Organic Virgin Coconut Oil is derived from meat of matured coconuts. The production starts with freshly harvested coconuts that are de-husked and grated. Then, when the meat of the coconut is still fresh, it's cold pressed and filtered to...

• Is this good for oil pulling? 3 Answers
  • I'll be honest,never have I tried coconut oil but hear that there...1 Answers
  • What are your favorite uses? I've never used coconut oil, but hea...7 Answers
Buy on Amazon
Tatiana S.
I love this coconut oil. I use it mostly for my body (i'm. it a fan of coconut oil in my foods) but this stuff is great. I've heard that it's not 100% pure but i haven't looked into that. I use it for my hair, leave it in for a few hours while i'm doing stuff around the house and wash it out, definitely makes my hair feel better after i've been constantly straightening it throughout the week. I mix it with ground coffee (also trader joe's brand) and use it in the shower and on my face, my skin will be so smooth after. It's the only thing i put on my face, i'm really sensitive but over never broken out with it or anything.
Emilly B.
Napa, CA
I love this coconut oil! So natural and so good! I used this for whitening my teeth for a while, but ended up not being very consistent, my fault. But the product is so good. I also used it for my hair and it made it look soooo amazing and soft, I would but some coconut oil in my damp hair, then braid it and go to sleep. He next day it was as if I had curled my hair or as if I had naturally curly hair! It was so beautiful!!! I highly recommend this product!!!
Josephine C.
Secaucus, NJ
This oil has literally changed my life. I was suffering from genetic hair loss and it was affecting my eyebrows. I've been applying coconut oil to my eyebrows and every night for about 2 months and my eyebrows have completely grown back and stopped shedding! Haven't been as consistent with my hair but even after a few weeks of applying it 3 or 4 times a week and you do see a difference!
David S.
We love Trader Joe's Coconut Oil. It is great for cooking, baking, and frying. We prefer it to all other oils for the health benefits. I don't feel that weighted, over greasy feeling when we eat our meals cooked with this oil. The flavor is light and consistent. The Coconut taste tends to come through the most when we bake, Which we prefer. Give it a try!
Reanna P.
Montgomery, NY
I don't have the two-pack but I purchased a single one of these and love it! I love that it's in a glass jar, and I trust anything organic from trader Joe's. Also you can NOT beat this price for this amount/quality of coconut oil. I think mine was $6.00. I use this as my lotion, in my hair as a mask, in my food, as a chap stick and as a shaving cream.
Tina H.
Van Nuys , CA
I bought this for only $6 at Trader Joe's and it has so many uses! I use it for my hair masks, as a lotion, makeup remover, and sometimes even as a facial moisturizer. It's lasted me a couple months and still has enough to last me several more months. It gives my hair a nice shine and didn't break me out when I used it on my face ūüĎĮ
R S.
I love using this as a moisturizer in the summer and as my first layer in the winter. It soaks into my skin and lasts all day in the warmer months.

I keep another jar for cooking. It has a subtle coconut flavor, is a good fat, and is affordable (for now, the price has been increasing).

It also makes a great base for body scrubs!
Mikayla K.
Kalispell, MT
My boyfriend and I have thick hair. We both use this once a week and do kind of a "deep condition." Our hair is kind of greasy for a day but that's if we don't wash it out completely. But keeps our hair healthy and shiny. We have had it for about 3 months so far and have used maybe a quarter of it. So very conserving.
melissa b.
There is not enough good things I can say about this product. I bought this when I was pregnant for my skin and stretch marks(I had very minimal). I since use it for my hair, my face , I brush my teeth with it, I use it for diaper rash, and I could go on and on. If you ever buy another thing make it this.
Denise J F.
I use coconut oil for everything! Face, body, hair, in my dog's diet, her skin and coat, and I cook with it. The flavor is great with just a hint of coconut flavor. It's not overpowering. Trader Joe's is good quality and affordable. I use it so much that the 2 pack isn't enough!
Alexandra G.
Saint Louis, MO
What are some ways that you can use coconut oil, other than to cook with?
Sara F.
Grove city , OH
What are your favorite uses? I've never used coconut oil, but hear many perks.
Autumn G.
Throop, PA
I want to start using coconut oil to cook with. I heard it's a healthier option to substitute butter. Is this true? How do I cook with it? What are some things I can cook?
Briana W.
N Tonawanda, NY
I've always read that there are so many things to do with coconut oil that are good for you. What are some things that are highly recommended and if you've tried them, how did they work for you?
Desirae K.
Mukwonago, WI
What are some ways you use coconut oil? I've heard it's great but I just don't know where to start.