BY TRADER JOE'S #50 in Sugars & Sweeteners

Trader Joe's Organic Coconut Sugar

Buy on Amazon
Katie K.
Cleveland, OH
Such an amazing product and price! If you're cutting out refined sugars and are looking for an alternative for baking purposes, you need to go buy this. I love using Trader Joe's coconut sugar in baking for cookies, muffins, cakes, etc... pretty much any paleo baking recipe you find will likely use coconut sugar. The packaging is great too - easy to shelf and I love the ziplock feature.
Priscila C.
I stopped using brown sugar and now I’m buying coconut sugar instead. It’s not hard to get used to because it tastes pretty good not like coconut. Is not super sweet like white sugar which is a plus. Plus the price is much cheaper than other organic brands I’ve seen in other markets.
Ariana F.
San Jose, CA
As I am trying to cut out refined sugars from my diet, coconut sugar has been my go to for sweetness when I don't want to use fruit or stevia (hate the taste). The coconut sugar is affordable, and gives a great dark(like brown sugar/molasses) flavor!
Brooke D.
Peabody, MA
I just started using this as a sweetener for my plain nonfat Greek yogurt and I tried some in my black coffee. I have not tried baking with it yet. It is a great sweetener that is natural. I don’t eat a lot of sugar but this is perfect for when I do.
Dasha I.
New Castle, DE
I really like to cook desserts, especially cupcakes. I add this sugar when making desserts, as it gives them a great flavor and flavor. etc. And an ordinary sugar, I almost do not add
Aneta L.

TJ’s coconut sugar is much more affordable than other brands and tastes great. It has a little bit of a richer taste than normal light brown sugar and obviously isn’t processed the same. I love to use this in recipes where I want a little bit more caramel taste than normal. The best recipe I used this in was for banana cinnamon streusel muffins – I used it in the muffin itself and then on the crumble topping. Oh man… so good! Great to stir into oatmeal, coffee… wherever you want!
Monica Z.
Albuquerque, NM
Homestly i live coconut sugar as a sugar substitute. It doesnt have a nasty after taste and it sita well evwn when using it to bake the only time i notice it is in drinks.
Valarie R.
Sweet Tooth Expert Level 2
This tastes like caramel! This sugar is very sweet so you only need a little bit, a light caramel color, and smells super yummy. It's great for baking and oatmeal. You get a giant bag and it's not horribly expensive! I would totally recommend.
Mary E.
San Diego, CA
This stuff is great! I add it to smoothies and oatmeal for a little extra sweetness. I even sprinkle some in my morning coffee. Coconut sugar is lower on the glycemic index than regular sugar making this a great choice for people trying to eat a low glycemic diet.
Marg M.
Gambrills, MD
Great alternative. Super sweet and interesting taste. It's brown color. It reminds me of coffee almost. I use it in vegan ice cream as a substitute for regular sugar and I get it from Trader Joe's.