by Trader Joe's
Ask a Question
Dana W.
Dana W.
Somerville, MA

Is anyone else really disappointed in their produce?
Jennifer M.
Jennifer M.
June 3, 2014, 9:19 p.m.
I think the produce varies greatly by location. Our TJs always has awesome, super fresh produce and I've never had a single problem. My parents lived near a TJs in VA Beach and the produce was always terrible. It just depends on the store, but it's certainly not across the board.
Alisha I.
Alisha I.
May 29, 2014, 9:50 a.m.
I love their produce. It always seems really fresh.
Melissa Y.
Melissa Y.
May 24, 2014, 10:52 a.m.
Not usually - this time of year, there's not much in the way of available product ANYWHERE. I can't fault them for out-of-season produce.
Vanessa M.
Vanessa M.
May 19, 2014, 3:26 p.m.
Yes. There are quite a few. Do a google search or check out Trader Joe's Web site.
Dovile G.
Dovile G.
May 1, 2014, 11:20 p.m.
They are always fresh to me :)
Marilyn B.
Marilyn B.
April 30, 2014, 10:42 p.m.
When I shopped at Trader Joe's regularly, I almost exclusively bought my produce there!
Jayme R.
Jayme R.
March 31, 2014, 8:22 p.m.
Our Trader Joe's section of produce is quite small, but the quality of the produce has been better than most of my local grocery stores recently. Plus the prices are often a lot more affordable at Trader Joe's. I wanted to purchase some clementines for my family and the package I bought at Trader Joe's was $2.99 or so at our local Fred Meyer the same size of bag of clementines were $5.49. That's a big difference.
Samantha T.
Samantha T.
March 13, 2014, 7:11 p.m.
The produce at our Trader Joe's is actually pretty good. They have competitive prices and can usually get a better deal there on things like avocado's, asparagus, and coconut milk.
Ann A.
Ann A.
Feb. 27, 2014, 6:44 p.m.
If I know the prices of the season and know how much 1 banana sells for its hit or miss if I'm disappointed. I find they normally have something my regular market doesn't have or they have it cheaper. But it boils down to being a smart shopper and knowing the prices in the stores.
Ashley H.
Ashley H.
Jan. 17, 2014, 5:40 p.m.
If you go at the right times it can be great, Sunday afternoons or at other busy times it gets pretty picked over.
Ashley M.
Ashley M.
Jan. 13, 2014, 2:30 p.m.
Yes, the produce at my Joe's is usually not great. I'll buy fruit and some things like winter/summer squash, onions, garlic, etc. But for lettuce, greens, and other veggies where freshness is key, I'll go to my local farmer's market or sometimes Whole Foods.
Chrystal J.
Chrystal J.
Oct. 2, 2013, 11:19 a.m.
I'm not. I habitually purchase my citrus, avocados, bananas, and any other staples that they do not carry at the farmer's market from Trader Joes and find the quality to be excellent.
Juli C.
Juli C.
Sept. 12, 2013, 1:32 p.m.
Disappointed in quantity, not quality
Caroline W.
Caroline W.
Sept. 2, 2013, 7:51 p.m.
I think their produce is good and they're expanding everyday and trying to cut back on plastic packaging.
Tabitha S.
Tabitha S.
Aug. 14, 2013, 6:03 p.m.
They don't always have a ton but it always seems fresh!
Haddie K.
Haddie K.
July 27, 2013, 2:46 a.m.
The Trader Joe's I've been to don't seem to have very much in their produce section but what they do have is pretty good. I prefer and recommend Sprouts overall though.

Join Now