Toyota Prius

by Toyota

#7 in Cars

The Toyota Prius is a full hybrid electric mid-size hatchback, formerly a compact sedan, developed and manufactured by Toyota.

Do these get good gas mileage?
Is it good with gas?
What do u like about this beauty?
Start your review of Toyota Prius!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
Not only do I get phenomenal gas mileage, It's surprisingly roomy inside, there's lots of storage for all my knick knacks (I seriously live in my car), the truck is HUGE.in 31 reviews
Yes, this car gets great gas mileage, but I don't think I'd drive it around if it weren't for that.in 6 reviews
...an affordable, reliable, super roomy, energy efficient car perfect for road trips.in 5 reviews
a month agoSeattle
My husband and I had gone without a car for probably a decade when we finally decided that we need one. I immediately wanted a Toyota or Honda because of their reliability and fuel efficiency. After researching fuel efficiency, safety features, longevity, and everything else, we agreed that we wanted a Prius. I love it. It drives so easily, and despite its compact size it can hold a good amount of cargo. Its gas mileage is insane, and many months we only need to fill the tank once. I also appreciate that despite the field of view being somewhat vertically challenged compared to previous cars I've owned, the driver's seat cat be elevated quite a bit so people of most heights can get a clear view of the road. I love my Prius. I don't think we'll need a new car any time soon, but I have no doubt that the Prius will be on the shortlist again.
4 months agoAlexandria, VA
I've been a loyal Prius driver for 12 years and I literally owe my life to the safety of a Prius. That's not an exaggeration. I was in a severe front-impact collision and was told that the battery slowed down the impact enough to keep me safe. I immediately bought another one. In the 12 years I've had my two Priuses, I've replaced brakes and tires. And I keep up with maintenance. They're amazing vehicles.
2 years agoElizabeth, WV
I had a Prius for around three weeks until I traded it in. It only had 30 thousand miles on it and the transmission was already slipping and it had electrical problems. Love the gas mileage but the car wasn’t reliable
3 years ago
My grandma drives a prius, and she let me borrow her car for a month back when I was in college because she retired and has another car and wanted to be nice to me. I enjoyed driving it, its so smooth and the machine is so quiet, like whenever i turn the engine on, i cant quite tell if i really did or not. The gas mileage is amazing, i would fill it full tank and usually don't have to fill up again after 2 weeks or so depends how much you drive. Really great car
3 years agoDublin, OH
I received a 10 year old Prius from a family member over a year ago . I'm tall (5'10") but have no problem with leg room. It has a spacious trunk with some extra compartments underneath, and does get the advertised high gas mileage. For being ten years old and kept in good maintenance, the car is in great shape. Drives well and hasn't need any major parts or repairs. A set of new tires, super blades, some light bulbs, a new battery just recently, and that's been it. Mine has over 108,000 miles on it and isn't slowing down anytime soon.
2 years agoHANOVER, PA
I don't dislike the prius completely but it is not my first choice or 2nd of a vehicle that i would buy. My grandma has one and I do drive it alot. I am more of a truck driver. But the prius is too electric and it is kind of annoying as i don't like to feel in control of what I'm driving more as a mom. It has a push start button and camera and whatever else you want. It is very gas efficient which is the best part. Like 63 mpg 😂 but other than that it is great for someone older or who drives alot.
4 years agoHopewell, VA
My husband and I just got a 2010 Toyota Prius (secondhand, private-party,) fairly recently, but we're very happy with it. Sure, it's not the most exciting vehicle ever, nor was it meant to be, but it's got ample cargo space, gets fifty miles per gallon or better and it has just enough nifty little special features that we feel happy and well-cared-for when we take a trip in it together. We do all our own car repair, you see, and before we bought this Prius, we bought an old 2001 Prius as a project to learn more about hybrid cars. (My husband is an industrial/safety engineer, son of an electrical/automotice engineer, and the man will not own a car he does not know how to fix. It's like living with a mad scientist.) We not only swapped out the 'big battery,' but rebuilt the entire transmission, then gave the resulting awesome little four-door to my kid sister as a present. I have to say, Prii are some of the easiest cars I've ever had the fun of fixing. Our 2010 came with some weird quirks, at least for those used to working on 90s-early-oughts cars, but once we bought the special wrench for the oil filter cartridge and a supply of filters n' gaskets, it was the quickest, cleanest oil change ever. (And Amazon will happily sell you everything you need.) You do have to be aware of the few high-voltage points on the car, obviously, but the hybrid powertrain and the tight tolerances mean that this is an uncommonly clean model of car to work on. We didn't come out of the transmission job so filthy we needed to strip out of every stitch we had on and shower with Fast Orange and Dawn dish detergent like some cars, and that oil change was so easy I didn't even need my usual coveralls. For the home mechanic who doesn't mind getting on the computer, the Prius may truly be the perfect car. The Prius owner forums have special codes for the Torque OBD II reader app, so you can diagnose absolutely everything the car might ever have wrong with just a five-buck app, your phone and a twenty-buck OBD II Bluetooth dongle from O'Reilly's or Amazon, the manuals are easy to get ahold of and there are lots of tasteful aftermarket parts to make your own Prius extra special without it looking like a refugee from the bosozoku scene or something a teenage boy owns. It even has a charming little upper glovebox shaped just right for a bottle of champagne, so that when you surprise your husband with the sleek, efficient Prius his engineery heart has always wanted, you can toast it as soon as you get back home. It even fits the baby's fancy Chicco NextFit car seat of ultimate awesomeness!
3 years ago
I drove one of these from IL to FL last year and the savings on gas mileage was awesome. The lack of power was sometimes a tad worrisome though. Thought I was going to get run over a number of times merging onto the freeway. She just didn't have much get up and go.
9 months agoBuena Park, CA
I love my Prius, I have the Prius C. It's great, the gas mileage is amazing and the car is very sleek. I didn't really think ahead I probably should have got the regular Prius with more space because now we have our daughter but that's ok we manage!
3 years agoDenton, TX
I had a Prius for a few short months until a hail storm totaled it out. I loved the gas mileage I got and the fact that it was a quiet and roomy car. The only downside was how slowly it accelerated, so people often got fed up with me at red lights when it my turn to go.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...