BY TOSHIBA

Toshiba Thrive
  • "Screen is a great size too, sound quality is clear and loud, battery life is okay as long as you aren't trying to do to many things at once." in 2 reviews
  • "I like the face that you have the option to hook it into your TV and insert a SD card." in 2 reviews
Niki R.
When I was first given this tablet as a gift, I thought it was awesome. Sure it's bulkier than most other tablets, but that's simply because it has additional ports on the side---usb, hdmi, and mini usb! Screen is a great size too, sound quality is clear and loud, battery life is okay as long as you aren't trying to do to many things at once.

Sadly after updating to the newest thrive software in service updates, the tablet now has issues :( It freezes at times, dies, shuts down and restarts randomly, youtube videos don't work too well, I get kicked out of browser constantly. All of these things annoy me. I can't seem to downgrade to the previous software, so to cope with how annoying the tablet can be, I installed clean master (A FREE APP). It cleans the cache, stops programs not being used, gets rid of residual files too. I also wipe my tablet to factory settings from time to time (I just save important files and pics to my sd card (it does have an sd card reader, by the way).

Am I upset I got it? Not really. It still has a lot of good things. I watch netflix shows on it, I read kIndle books, I play games, check emails, take pics and videos, and a lot more.

I heard the price was pretty high, so I'm happy it was a gift. :)
Jennifer S.
North Adams, MA
Not really understanding previous reviews of this tablet. I had this tablet for over a year then upgraded to the the Excite. This tablet was great. The video and audio quality were great for a tablet and you can do pretty much everything on this that you would your phone/ipad/ even a computer for the most part! It supports HDMI, USB, and even an SD card slot. The tablet is a bit big but I never had a problem with it. Accessories are the biggest problem with this tablet that I didn't like because the only accessories that seem to sell is an Ipad (which is pretty much the only reason to even buy an Ipad,really since It's truly nothing special :)
Julie C.
Bergen, NY
I've had my Thrive for a little over a year now and out of all the tablets that I have used I think its fantastic. The screen is large and clear. This tablet is like using you android phone without the phone. You can do all the same things on this tablet that you can do on your phone outside of making calls. I like the face that you have the option to hook it into your TV and insert a SD card. The iPad you can't do this. There is a lot of free apps in the app store. All the same apps that were free for me I had to purchase on the iPad. Price was good and overall its a great tablet.
Talitha F.
Buffalo, NY
The screen resolution is alright, battery life avg, and it consistently freezes when you plug in your usb to upload music, movies, or games. It is average at best and the pricing does not compare to the ipad or samsung tab. The quality seems very cheap and in my personal opinion it is not worth it.
ashley k.
I love my Thrive. I have had it for about four years now. It is perfect for travel. It is also great for apps. I watch Netflix, Hulu Plus, and the local news channels on a regular basis! Still works great! Don't plan on getting anything new any time soon.
Jasmin S.
Riverton, IL
It works well for the things that I want it to do. Freezes up occasionally but it is not bothersome. I love that it has hdmi and usb ports so that I can stream my videos or hook up my phone to it.I would recommend it to anyone out there. I also enjoy the fact that it is not extremely light so i don't feel like it is going to break when it drops.
Jessica N.
I already have an iPhone and I wanted something different. I love how easy it is to use and love the screen size. I also love how I can use memory cards and it has a USB drive. Something the iPad doesn't have. It's easy to use while in class and is just like having my laptop with me.
nicole j.
Midland , TX
Received Toshiba thrive as a Christmas present like 4 years ago. It is still working. I love that it has an hdmi port and an sd card slot. It freezes from time to time but it is not that big of a deal to me.
Lamarra M.
Hartford, CT
It worked great when i first got it. after a while it started freezing up really bad. i loved the professional look of it. i wish it worked better.
Iris K.
Merced, CA
I like that it's a nice size however it tends to freeze up and disconnect itself from the wifi.