BY TORTUGA

• These rum cakes come in other flavors, right? What other flavors ...1 Answers
  • "Delicious, but a little goes a long way." in 1 review
Casey J.
Newton, NH
had this at first when we came back from our cruise and loved it. All you need is a small piece or else its overpowering. Now we try to find it where ever we go but have not yet found it up north, we have found it in Florida at sea/island/travel shops
Yusbreili G.
Rum cakes are a holiday favorite of mine. I ordered directly from the Tortuga Rum Company last year, christmas 2008, and got the golden original 33 ounce and the blue coffee 33 ounce. I really loved the original, the coffee wasn't as much to my liking. The original was really moist while the other tended to be more dry. I also had to pay shipping.
The rum cake itself is sealed in plastic inside the box to retain it's rum content and freshness. I am an occassional drinker; rum, tequila, bourbon being my favorites. I didn't think that the rum was overpowering; yes you can tell its there, but also the flavor of the cake complements it. I think they have an excellent "Rum Cake" and this would be a great indulgence for the holidays. Highly recommended. I will have to order another before christmas cause mine is already gone.
Tiffany P.
I reviewed these on my blog a few years ago. They're delicious. The rum flavor is STRONG, y'all! There are many flavor varieties but the original is the best, in my opinion!
Sheri A.
Oakhurst, NJ
Delicious, but a little goes a long way. They are really rich. Excellent to bring to a party. The only complaint is that they don't use good rum, so it is really strong mediocre alcohol.
Shanel S.
Milton, FL
It has a very strong rum flavor to it that I like but you really just need a small piece. It's not a dry cake at all. Can't wait to get more!
Meranda S.
I had a sample of this and it was good but strong. A little sample is all I could probably eat at one time
Meagan C.
Virginia Bch, VA
Classic airport fare, but a must-buy if you like rum cake. The flavor is intense, so eat a small piece.
jessica T.
stacy, mn
Found this on my honeymoon in the carribean - this cake is amazing! The original is my favorite!
Lori K.
Alto, MI
I love Tortuga Rum Cakes! They are all good but the original is my favorite!
Brittney M.
RIVERSIDE, CA
Delicious and intense! Try a small piece before diving in because the rum really comes through.
Tiffany P.
Do you eat your Tortuga Rum Cakes plain? If not, what do you put on them?
Debbie G.
Frankfort, KY
This cake is wonderful. The texture is soft and is very moist. I recommend for sure
Meranda S.
These rum cakes come in other flavors, right? What other flavors are available?