Torani Raspberry Syrup

by Torani

#4 in Syrup

Intense Berries Drive the All-Natural Fresh Flavor of this Gem Add 1-2 oz. Torani® Raspberry to a glass of ice and sparkling water.  Also delicious in caffe lattes, over ice cream and with shaved ice.  And please explore other creative uses! ~Since 1925.

Is this syrup good?
Is it too sweet?
Where can I get the raspberry flavor? I always look for it, but they never have it anywhere! :(
Start your review of Torani Raspberry Syrup!
Product Highlights
“I have tried several other brands of Raspberry syrup for my italian sodas and none of them are as good as the classic Torani syrup.” in reviews
“I bought some to make a cotton candy flavored coffee/shake but I've used it just as a syrup on desserts and ice cream and it's so good!” in reviews
“...torrent syrups are sweet but you can but many varieties and I believe even sugar freein reviews
“my university's coffee shop and dining halls use this company's syrups and i think it is a versatile and excellent product.” in reviews
“My roommate and I make Italian sodas all the time by combining club soda, torani vanilla syrup, and this torani raspberry syrup!” in reviews
New York
This summer I got hooked on Dunkin Donuts iced coffee with raspberry flavor shots. With Splenda and skim milk, it was like drinking a caffeinated dessert. But at $3.00 a pop, it was an expensive habit! So I decided to make my own. First I tried McCormick raspberry extract. What a disappointment! I used a third of the bottle and it just didn't have any oomph. Then I ordered a bottle of the sugar free Torani. I
Hanford , CA
I love this stuff! The perfect flavor for Italian sodas, energy drinks, etc. has great flavor! The only problem is it seems to not last forever, and it’s a bit pricey. Definitely worth it though and I’d recommend!
San Francisco
I began using Torani syrups in vanilla and hazelnut in our coffeee but have grown to use it in my baking as well!  The raspberry is awesome with a cheesecake topping and a few fresh raspberries .  Its not overly sweet and can be added to so many things to lighten fruit flavor.  Its fantastic.
Richmond, VA
1) Comments re: "tastes like cough syrup". Yep, you added too much. When learning your preferred dose (a subtle hint of flavor vs. I WANT PEACH) start off small and add till taste = yum. It's a very fine line between "strong" and too much, but once you've added that one single drop over the line it's undrinkable. Either pour it out or dilute it with more tea because it will taste awful. They use similar products to flavor medicines, so the connection is easy to make. (Also do not "eyeball" the dose. Unless you're a bartender you'll probably screw it up and pour way too much.) 2) Use: Get a Torani squirter/pump to go with it ( Torani Syrup Pump ). Makes the stuff that much handier to use and easier to measure (One-and-a-half squirts is what you like? Two? Quick and easy.) Clean the spout after every pitcher/gallon and you're good to go. Until you're sure you like it you can just use a shot glass... two shots will do a big drinking cup. The squirters are a little expensive, but if you like this stuff it's worth it convenience wise. (Word of caution though: For any of you with ant problems do NOT get a spout.) 3) Peach is definitely one of the "stronger" fruit flavors. If you like it, explore Mango and Passion Fruit. Mango is a little weaker, but pairs nicely with others (see point 7 below). 4) Storage: Room temperature. The restaurants that use this stuff do the same. It's too high a bottle to keep in most shorter cabinets, let alone your fridge. (Even more so with a spout.) 5) How quick it goes: Most people tend to enjoy a larger dose tasting similar to how restaurants make it (think two shot glasses full per glass). In this case you'll burn through about half a bottle per gallon at that rate. 6) Your whole family will almost surely burn out on the stuff before using up 3 bottles. That's ok... it keeps. 7) Once you've been using this stuff for a while and are starting to get bored, start mixing multiple flavors together. Works very nicely and creates a drink no guest will ever have had before but is delicious. ("This is great... what is it?") 8) Do NOT be tempted to mix it directly into the pitcher/gallon. Put it in the glass after you pour your tea. Once you squirt it in the glass, it mixes pretty well by itself but feel free to stir it. 9) As others have stated, this is what most chain restaurants use when selling flavored tea. This makes it easy to try some of the other common flavors like raspberry to see if you like it. 10) Price. $17 is a solid deal that beats probably 90% of sellers. You can find it a buck or two cheaper if you spend a lot of time looking, but this is really a commercial product and hence primarily sold in those channels. You won't likely see this anywhere you shop unless you happen to be a restaurant owner so I advise buying it here on amazon. (And no, I haven't been able to find a good deal on single bottles.) 11) Other drinks. Most people find/buy this product for use in tea. While I personally don't prefer peach as an additive to sodas, don't be afraid to experiment. Alcoholic drinks too. Some of the flavors go well with various non-tea stuff. 12) Corn Syrup. A lot of it. It's actually a big part of why a lot of people like this in tea because people usually don't put enough sugar in their tea. You're buying something called syrup, so don't fool yourself into thinking this is some healthy option. There are sugar-free flavoring by Torani, but you're buying this to make stuff taste better right? I'd rather drink gasoline than something sugar free. Five stars because Torani is the best of such products. Flavorings are accurate. Mixes well. Reasonably affordable. If you don't like Torani, you just don't like syrup flavorings.
Fargo, ND
Sweet Tooth Expert Level 3
Purchased at: Walmart
I got this for my summer drinks. I have made lemonade and this goes great with it and some fresh raspberries. You don't need much but it makes great mixed alcohol drinks as well. It's so yummy and I think I'll be getting other kinds as well to try out. This tastes great on ice cream and sweet treats too.
Great Falls , MT
This stuff taste amazing in Italian sodas! Has a strong but not artificial raspberry taste. Depending on where you buy these they can get a little high in price but they do last quite a while. I really like this brand.
Auburn, IN
I worked as a barista for 6 years through school and part time after. We had the full line of Torani syrups on hand, including this Raspberry flavor. This makes a delicious Italian Soda (soda water and syrup, over ice). It's also delicious added to a regular soda (think about a nice cream soda of 7up, with a shot or two of raspberry added. This syrup falls short when you mix it with milk. Sometimes, if you mix it directly with a high fat content, already-warmed milk it will curdle. You can solve this by mixing by using only skim or 1% OR by heating the syrup WITH the milk. Another option, mix the syrup with the hot brewed espresso and mix with the milk that way. If you're making an iced espresso drink, the curdle issue doesn't happen. This problem seems to ONLY happen with the Raspberry flavor, not with the other Torani syrups.
Lebanon, OR
My favorite Torani flavor. I use these to make Italian sodas at home and also Infused Red Bulls. Saves me $5 from going to the Coffee Stands when I can make them at home for myself and my family!
Spartanburg , SC
Sweet Tooth Expert Level 1
I personally like to make Italian sodas out of this the bottle is so big that it last you a very long time because you only need a little great flavor great texture great brand fantastic price
Kansas City, MO
Sweet Tooth Expert Level 1
Delicious syrup. Originally learned of it when having raspberry iced tea at a restaurant. Loved it so much had to buy my own syrup. Knowing that I need to drink much more water than I do, I use it to flavor water and it is absolutely delicious. Plan to use it with seltzer and on ice cream and am looking forward to learning new ways to use it. Also plan to get the vanilla syrup and perhaps some others.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...