BY TOM'S OF MAINE

Contains fluoride for cavity prevention and calcium for clean teeth. Dear friends, When we founded Toms of Maine in 1970, we based it on the idea that nature has answers to our everyday needs. What makes our products so effective? We use natural ingredients in innovative ways without adding any artificial flavors, fragrances, colors, or preservatives. Our toothpaste, mouthwash, soap and deodorant products have proven our original belief: ingredients from nature really work. Please let us know what you think! Kate & Tom Chappell. Naturally, it works. The ADA Council of Scientific Affairs acceptance of Toms of Maine Natural Anticavity Fluoride Toothpaste is based on its finding that the product is effective in helping to prevent and reduce tooth decay, when used as directed. Fluoride helps prevent cavities. Fluoride helps remineralize soft spots on teeth before they turn into full-fledged cavities and strengthens the tooth structure so enamel becomes more resistant to decay. This product does not contain saccharin; artificial sweeteners, preservatives, colors, or flavors; or animal ingredients. Toms of Maine products are tested for safety without the uses of animals. Made in U.S.A. see more...

Christina D.
Plano, TX
Wellness Guru Expert Level 3
I like using this toothpaste every once in a while because of the fluoride aspect of this product. Every time you go to the dentist they want you to do fluoride rinse but they charge you and personally my insurance doesn't cover it and it is an added charge so just doing it home kind of prevents you from needing to do it at the dentist
Kearra F.
Beaverton
The taste isn’t my favorite, & neither is the after taste it leaves. I felt clean/natural whilst using it, but I didn’t feel like I got the clean I wanted from it. I would stick to using other toothpastes, despite the chemicals they include. If I ever turn into a hippie, I would be more than happy to use this :)
Carrie D.
Indian Trail
Not a huge fan of the Toms of Maine toothpaste. It can be purchase in most stores now, and I have honestly only purchased it once. It does the trick, but feels grainy and doesn’t taste very good.
Chanda S.
Tastes great, but I didn't feel like my teeth were really clean. It's affordable, but not worth the price. I tried to like it, purchased multiple times. It's just not for me.
Rachael C.
Paola, KS
This was my go to brand for years. I loved it for me and my family. No fluoride was my main concern and this solved all my problems. The taste was so good and I could get it at my local Walmart. Till I found out they sold to a company I don't support. Bad choice guys
Lynn M.
Durham, ME
When it comes to my family, I try to choose natural products without dangerous chemicals whenever possible. Living in Maine, I also like to support Maine businesses, so trying Tom's of Maine Anti-Cavity Fluoride Toothpaste in Spearmint was an easy choice. The packaging is attractive and appeals to my natural sensibilities. Upon applying the toothpaste to my brush, I was pleased to find it was nice and thick and didn't fall off the bristles--important in a house with small children who sometimes have a hard time with motor skills. The spearmint flavor was fresh and pleasing and the toothpaste foamed in my mouth--a sensation that was a little odd, but ok. It rinsed cleanly, both from my mouth and my brush. However, the fresh flavor faded quickly and didn't have the staying power I like in a toothpaste. My teeth felt clean, but my mouth felt ordinary. I don't think there should be a trade off just because I'm using a natural product, so I kept looking and found Tom's Cinnamon Clove Toothpaste. It has all of the attributes I liked about Tom's Anti-Cavity Fluoride Toothpaste in Spearmint, but leaves my mouth feeling clean and fresh. The flavor lasts much longer and freshens my breath naturally.
Lena T.
Pretty good, just a little weird feeling at first. The smell is pretty good and it works quite well compared to other brands. I like the effectiveness of it, however it is quite costly. I have used this product multiple times and I enjoy the benefits of low toxins
Grace B.
I would not recommend this product. My teeth did not feel that clean afterward, and they felt "fuzzy" just a few hours after. It didn't freshen my breath at all, which is something I want my toothpaste to do. This toothpaste is not worth the money.
Sarah C.
Union City, CA
I purchased this toothpaste at Target. I really wanted to like it because I enjoy the idea of using more natural products, especially in my mouth! Unfortunately I could not get past the taste and texture. This tooth paste is a little gritty then I am use to and the mint flavor just isn't minty enough. When I was finished brushing my teeth felt clean (smooth) but my mouth still felt not-so-fresh. I guess I am just spoiled by more conventional brands.
Gia B.
I bought this because I wanted a fluoride-free toothpaste. It smells pretty good, the taste is not particularly good, and the aftertaste is horrible. It lingers for a long time so beware! I definitely would NOT recommend this toothpaste. The fluoride-free aspect is its only good quality but there are tons of other unnatural ingredients if you are going for ""all natural". Its also close to $8.00 per tube.