BY TOO FACED #3 in Eye Primer

Our iconic, bestselling Shadow Insurance Eye Primer just got a makeover! We’ve revamped the packaging of this world-famous cult classic, but we’ve kept the bestselling formula that locks down eye shadows and intensifies color to ensure crease-proof, fade-proof, waterproof wear for up to 24 hours. The feather-light formula glides effortlessly onto lids to create a smooth, even canvas for seamless shadow application and a stay-put look every time.

Details:

Get your look on lockdown: squeeze out a bead-sized drop and apply to clean lids with fingers to ensure flawless glide and even distribution.

MORE TO LOVE:

• Unique binders lock down eye shadow pigments for amazingly long wear
  • Crease-proof, fade-proof, waterproof wear for up to 24 hours
  • Grabs pigment and intensifies eye shadow color
  • Neutralizes any lid discoloration
  • Needle-nose applicator for no-waste, precise dispensing
  • Over 4,600 5-star reviews
  • 100% said this eye shadow primer helped shadow adhere to eyelids*
  • 100% said this eye shadow primer made shadow easier to blend*
  • 100% said they would trade in their current eye shadow primer for this one*
  • 97% said this eye shadow primer decreased eye shadow fallout*
  • 97% said this is the best eye shadow primer they’ve ever used*
  • *consumer study results

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Triethylhexanoin, Polyethylene, Trihydroxystearin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Isopropyl Lanolate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherol, Mica. (+/-): Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499). *Formulated without parabens

• I have heard this product is amazing at applying loose powder? Wh...3 Answers
  • How this product? I have chunky eyelids and always have trouble p...1 Answers
  • Check out MY: Carli Bybel deluxe edition 22 color... Be the first to answer!
Buy on Sephora*
  • "this with a setting powder over makes the application of my eye shadows blend better." in 150 reviews
Kaylin F.
Plaistow, NH
I think this primer is good, it does everything that I would want and expect an eyeshadow primer to do. I wouldn't say that this is really anything special I just think it's standard but I am still giving it 5 stars because it does perform really nicely - I think it's pretty comparable to the Urban Decay primer potion.

This primer helps my eyeshadow last all day long, there isn't any creasing when I use this primer - something that I'm prone to if I were to wear eyeshadows without a primer. I do set this primer first with a powder similar to my skin tone just to cancel out any veins or redness on my eyelids as well as to make sure everything blends smoothly so this is something that may effect the results I get with using this primer.

This can separate a little bit in the tube, if you just squeeze it out you might get an oily type substance separate from the thicker part of the primer. This really isn't an issue but it is something to be aware of, you just want to shake it, or with the cap on knead the tube just to get everything combined into a uniform consistency.

Final thoughts: this does the job to keep eyeshadow looking pigmented and perfect throughout the whole day even with oily, crease-prone eyelids; and I think it's worth trying out.
Shasha S.
Mo K.
Nyack, NY
The  Too Faced Shadow Insurance Anti-Crease Eye Shadow Primer is extremely reliable! All of my eyeshadows apply smoothly on top of it, even without setting the primer. Over time the shadows do not muddle together. Mattes, shimmers, and glitter eyeshadows all look great with this primer and never crease! My eyeshadows stay put all day.

This primer does have a tint to it, but it goes away once it's blended, so it does not cover any discoloration or veins. It feels similar to the Urban Decay Primer Potion, but thicker and less greasy. I have oily eyelids so I cannot use a greasy eyeshadow primer. Even though this primer does not have a tint it still intensifies the color of the eyeshadows!

I have a deluxe sample of this right now, but once I run out I will definitely be buying the full size!
tina S.
Arnold, MD
I am giving this 4 stars because I want to be fair. Now I did LOVE it and think it is well worth the money. It is easy to apply, goes on evenly and blends well. It did make applying my eyeshadow easier. I didn't have as much powder getting stuck in creases or clumping up. I think it helped my mascara (TooFaced Better then Sex of course) not smudge even at little onto my lids. I also have to say my make up seemed to look as " fresh" or like it had just been applied even know it was hours later.
I am normally able to give a product especially a TOO FACED product that I like this well 5 stars but, I have never used any other eye primer to compare this too. I will update this of course but that is the only reason for the 4 stars
Vanessa V.
Kalamazoo, MI
I have had my Top Faced Shadow Insurance for a couple of months now and have really only used it a handful of times which that right there should tell you how I feel about it. First off, it is super runny and oily and no amount of shaking or squeezing the tube gets it to mix and because of that this primer does not prevent my eyeshadow from creasing. It seems like any time I wear this primer my eyeshadow looks worse off than it would if I wouldn't wear any primer. I used this primer today and not even an hour after applying my eyeshadow, it was creased and I do not have oily eyelids, they are actually the opposite and quite dry. Even now just touching my eyelids they seem kind of oily. It also seems that whenever I use this primer, it takes forever to get my eyeshadow to blend and that's even when I'm just doing a simple look like today with just a matte lid color blended up into the crease. If you're looking for an awesome eyeshadow primer that will not crease, intensifies your shadows, and helps eyeshadows to last all day then I would recommend NARS Pro Prime, Urban Decay Primer Potion, or Benefit Stay Don't Stray. Also, a truly amazing eyeshadow primer that you can get at your local drug store for only $3 is Wet N Wild's Fergie take on the day eyeshadow primer, I would recommend that before this primer any day and actually prefer it over most of my high end primers it is that amazing and a tube of that stuff will seriously last you way over a year and that's if you use it everyday because a little bit goes a long way.
Nikki D.
Treasure Island, FL
Decided to try this after Urban Decay changed the formula of their Primer Potion and I'm glad I did. I was initially a little wary of the packaging because with some squeeze tubes it can be difficult to control the amount of product that comes out... ahem, Dr. Brandt...🙄 However, that is not the case with this. A little goes a long way and I imagine the squeeze tube is more hygienic for those concerned with that. Unlike some eye primers that are thicker, colored, and therefore may only work for certain skin tones, the consistency of this one is thinner and the color is sheer, if even that. It does a great job at blurring and creating a smooth base and is virtually invisible once blended into the skin. I'm also thinking that with the squeeze tube type packaging, the actual formula will probably last longer (consistency-wise) compared to those with wands, since you're not continually pumping air in and out of the tube. It gets the job done, and, for the small amount needed per use I imagine it will last me a pretty long time.
Katelyn L.
orlando, florida
I don't know how I ever went without this shadow primer! I usually use the UD eyeshadow primer, but one day I decided to grab this tube. When I went to pay, one of the managers checking me out stated that this was her favorite primer. I was a little skeptical, even the UD primer didn't hold my shadow well (my eyelids get REALLY oily), but I tried this primer on the next workday and I was sold! It held my shadow without creasing, and I never had to reapply my eye shadow. If I blended my eyes a certain way, this shadow insurance held it exactly until I removed my makeup that night. Also, a little goes a LONG ways. I use a dot about twice the size of the tip of a pin needle all over my eye area. I don't know what's in this stuff (unicorn tears or something!) but the price for this kind of product is well worth it.
Melanie S.
Miami Beach, FL
I have been using this product forever! I use the shadow insurance bc it is a lightweight formula that really preps my eyes. It comes out nude but completely blends in and gets my eyes ready to be beaten with my eyeshadows ;-) I like the consistency/formula and definitely a little goes a long way. The packaging is cute, but I mean, all Too Faced packaging is cute lol. I have tried plenty of eyeshadow primers and returned them, yet this one has been my holy grail in my makeup stash for a few years!
Tiffany K.
OMG! Let me say that i have only ever used Urban decay's primer..and i am so glad i decided to make the leap and try this! This is absolutely the best eyeshadow primer! There is literally no creasing or smudging of any kind! I wore this for 12 hours and when i came home, my shadow was still perfect! I cannot believe how well this lasted! It is a little pricey, but the tube is big and a little goes a very long way! You need to buy this and have in your makeup collection, it is a must have!
Jennifer L.
Yonkers, NY
I bought this item for one of ulta’s steals for like 10 bucks I believe. The girl that helped me told me it was a great eye primer. I’ve always used the urban decay eye primer potion and I decided to give this new product a try. I liked it at the beginning, but now I hate it. When I squeeze the tube an oily substance squirts out and it looks nasty. You have to really work it on your eyelid so that it absorbs. Overall I’ll never repurchase this primer. I’ll stick to my trusty urban decay eye primer potions
Alisha C.
Ooltewah, TN
I am looking for a good eye shadow primer. Is this one worth the money, or would you recommend another one over this one?
Danielle W.
Do you guys prefer this over Urban decay eyeshadow primer potion? Or is it the same quality..
Brooke N.
Do you prefer the Too Faced Shadow Insurance or the Urban Decay Primer Potion?
Martha C.
Is this product good? Is it value for money?
Alex k.
Laval, Canada
I heard a lot of people say it's itchy on eyelids and doesn't work well. Is this true? And if so what's a better product?