BY TOO FACED #3 in Eye Primer

Our iconic, bestselling Shadow Insurance Eye Primer just got a makeover! We’ve revamped the packaging of this world-famous cult classic, but we’ve kept the bestselling formula that locks down eye shadows and intensifies color to ensure crease-proof, fade-proof, waterproof wear for up to 24 hours. The feather-light formula glides effortlessly onto lids to create a smooth, even canvas for seamless shadow application and a stay-put look every time.

Details:

Get your look on lockdown: squeeze out a bead-sized drop and apply to clean lids with fingers to ensure flawless glide and even distribution.

MORE TO LOVE:

• Unique binders lock down eye shadow pigments for amazingly long wear
  • Crease-proof, fade-proof, waterproof wear for up to 24 hours
  • Grabs pigment and intensifies eye shadow color
  • Neutralizes any lid discoloration
  • Needle-nose applicator for no-waste, precise dispensing
  • Over 4,600 5-star reviews
  • 100% said this eye shadow primer helped shadow adhere to eyelids*
  • 100% said this eye shadow primer made shadow easier to blend*
  • 100% said they would trade in their current eye shadow primer for this one*
  • 97% said this eye shadow primer decreased eye shadow fallout*
  • 97% said this is the best eye shadow primer they’ve ever used*
  • *consumer study results

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Triethylhexanoin, Polyethylene, Trihydroxystearin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Isopropyl Lanolate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherol, Mica. (+/-): Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499). *Formulated without parabens

• I have heard this product is amazing at applying loose po...3 Answers
  • How well is this primer!5 Answers
  • My mother just gave me this eyeshadow primer and I've yet...5 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
  • "This really helps make up not settle into creases and keeps it in place. Its not sticky or greasy feeling. Looks just like concealer." in 805 reviews
  • "i used this for the longest time before i started getting into makeup so heavily and it worked great for all eyeshadow formulas. drugstore and prestige. it’s a cream color and you don’t need much to cover your eye lid. not heavy or cakey" in 652 reviews
Nicole A.
Mc Kees Rocks, PA
I actually forgot about this stuff until I was reviewing another entirely different product by the same brand. Anyways I haven't bought or used this in forever but I still wanted to leave a reveiw. When I purchased this in the past I really liked it. It's been awhile tho... Prob couple years even. So let me say first that eyeshadows and eyeshadow primers were never an everyday thing for me. (instead maybe once or twice a week -max) I'm an eyeshadow junkie now tho 😂 So when I first got into eyeshadows I used to teater between this one and also Urban Decays (which honestly is a great product aswell) I recommend both products to anyone who is looking to up their makeup game a little bit. Eyeshadow primers can be a great thing for anyone who has problems with creasing, having problems with their eyeshadows not being presented enough, or maybe their eyeshadow isn't lasting thru out the day / night, maybe your someone who's having trouble blending, or even just someone who wants their make up looks to pop just a little bit more. If you are an eyeshadow junkie you should try this if you already haven't! Give yo self a nice clean slate to work with. 5 stars. Wish it was cheaper but ayee that's the normal price point for this item anyways (if not more sooo🤷)

Let's all help eachother out and up our impact scores!
Please follow me on IG @Ninny412 and I will deff follow back!!
Vanessa V.
Kalamazoo, MI
I have had my Top Faced Shadow Insurance for a couple of months now and have really only used it a handful of times which that right there should tell you how I feel about it. First off, it is super runny and oily and no amount of shaking or squeezing the tube gets it to mix and because of that this primer does not prevent my eyeshadow from creasing. It seems like any time I wear this primer my eyeshadow looks worse off than it would if I wouldn't wear any primer. I used this primer today and not even an hour after applying my eyeshadow, it was creased and I do not have oily eyelids, they are actually the opposite and quite dry. Even now just touching my eyelids they seem kind of oily. It also seems that whenever I use this primer, it takes forever to get my eyeshadow to blend and that's even when I'm just doing a simple look like today with just a matte lid color blended up into the crease. If you're looking for an awesome eyeshadow primer that will not crease, intensifies your shadows, and helps eyeshadows to last all day then I would recommend NARS Pro Prime, Urban Decay Primer Potion, or Benefit Stay Don't Stray. Also, a truly amazing eyeshadow primer that you can get at your local drug store for only $3 is Wet N Wild's Fergie take on the day eyeshadow primer, I would recommend that before this primer any day and actually prefer it over most of my high end primers it is that amazing and a tube of that stuff will seriously last you way over a year and that's if you use it everyday because a little bit goes a long way.
Kaylin F.
Plaistow, NH
I think this primer is good, it does everything that I would want and expect an eyeshadow primer to do. I wouldn't say that this is really anything special I just think it's standard but I am still giving it 5 stars because it does perform really nicely - I think it's pretty comparable to the Urban Decay primer potion.

This primer helps my eyeshadow last all day long, there isn't any creasing when I use this primer - something that I'm prone to if I were to wear eyeshadows without a primer. I do set this primer first with a powder similar to my skin tone just to cancel out any veins or redness on my eyelids as well as to make sure everything blends smoothly so this is something that may effect the results I get with using this primer.

This can separate a little bit in the tube, if you just squeeze it out you might get an oily type substance separate from the thicker part of the primer. This really isn't an issue but it is something to be aware of, you just want to shake it, or with the cap on knead the tube just to get everything combined into a uniform consistency.

Final thoughts: this does the job to keep eyeshadow looking pigmented and perfect throughout the whole day even with oily, crease-prone eyelids; and I think it's worth trying out.
Marissa W.
Deptford, NJ
I bought this along with a new too faced palette I got: I’m becoming a HUGE Too Faced fan. Sure enough, this product didn’t disappoint. The packaging was very cute (all too faced products are!) The formula is very thin and creamy. When I tried squirting it out it got all over because it was so watery. You have to just get a little on your finger and then kind of smoosh it onto your eyelid. After that, it really does work wonders. The eyeshadow really sticks to this product and stays all day. It makes even my cheaper eyeshadows look amazing and super pigmented. Overall, I love it!
Michelle H.
Portland, ME
This primer is good. Does everything that it claims to do. It's not anything special. It does the job. Helps my eyeshadow last all day without creasing. I always set the primer before putting. eyeshadow on. Minus one star for separation in the tube. Sometimes the substance when squeeze out is oily and running. Sometimes you must shake or massage the tube to get everything combined.

Nikki D.
Treasure Island, FL
Decided to try this after Urban Decay changed the formula of their Primer Potion and I'm glad I did. I was initially a little wary of the packaging because with some squeeze tubes it can be difficult to control the amount of product that comes out... ahem, Dr. Brandt...🙄 However, that is not the case with this. A little goes a long way and I imagine the squeeze tube is more hygienic for those concerned with that. Unlike some eye primers that are thicker, colored, and therefore may only work for certain skin tones, the consistency of this one is thinner and the color is sheer, if even that. It does a great job at blurring and creating a smooth base and is virtually invisible once blended into the skin. I'm also thinking that with the squeeze tube type packaging, the actual formula will probably last longer (consistency-wise) compared to those with wands, since you're not continually pumping air in and out of the tube. It gets the job done, and, for the small amount needed per use I imagine it will last me a pretty long time.
Katelyn L.
orlando, florida
I don't know how I ever went without this shadow primer! I usually use the UD eyeshadow primer, but one day I decided to grab this tube. When I went to pay, one of the managers checking me out stated that this was her favorite primer. I was a little skeptical, even the UD primer didn't hold my shadow well (my eyelids get REALLY oily), but I tried this primer on the next workday and I was sold! It held my shadow without creasing, and I never had to reapply my eye shadow. If I blended my eyes a certain way, this shadow insurance held it exactly until I removed my makeup that night. Also, a little goes a LONG ways. I use a dot about twice the size of the tip of a pin needle all over my eye area. I don't know what's in this stuff (unicorn tears or something!) but the price for this kind of product is well worth it.
Melanie S.
Miami Beach, FL
I have been using this product forever! I use the shadow insurance bc it is a lightweight formula that really preps my eyes. It comes out nude but completely blends in and gets my eyes ready to be beaten with my eyeshadows ;-) I like the consistency/formula and definitely a little goes a long way. The packaging is cute, but I mean, all Too Faced packaging is cute lol. I have tried plenty of eyeshadow primers and returned them, yet this one has been my holy grail in my makeup stash for a few years!
Michaela L.
If you have oily lids with a lot of creases/wrinkles, but still want to do pretty eyeshadow, then this will be your best friend for any look. My eyeshadow stays in place all day without fading or creasing. This stuff lasts FOREVER as gross as it may seem I have had the same tube for well over 5 years... I just put a teeny tiny dot on both my eyelids & blend it out evenly with my fingers. I find that when I blend it with a brush it uses up more product & ends up looking kinda streaky.
Jennifer L.
Yonkers, NY
I bought this item for one of ulta’s steals for like 10 bucks I believe. The girl that helped me told me it was a great eye primer. I’ve always used the urban decay eye primer potion and I decided to give this new product a try. I liked it at the beginning, but now I hate it. When I squeeze the tube an oily substance squirts out and it looks nasty. You have to really work it on your eyelid so that it absorbs. Overall I’ll never repurchase this primer. I’ll stick to my trusty urban decay eye primer potions
Alisha C.
Ooltewah, TN
I am looking for a good eye shadow primer. Is this one worth the money, or would you recommend another one over this one?
Danielle W.
Do you guys prefer this over Urban decay eyeshadow primer potion? Or is it the same quality..
Martha C.
Is this product good? Is it value for money?
Brooke N.
Do you prefer the Too Faced Shadow Insurance or the Urban Decay Primer Potion?
Alex k.
Laval, Canada
I heard a lot of people say it's itchy on eyelids and doesn't work well. Is this true? And if so what's a better product?