BY TOO FACED #2 in Eyelid Primer

Our iconic, bestselling Shadow Insurance Eye Primer just got a makeover! We’ve revamped the packaging of this world-famous cult classic, but we’ve kept the bestselling formula that locks down eye shadows and intensifies color to ensure crease-proof, fade-proof, waterproof wear for up to 24 hours. The feather-light formula glides effortlessly onto lids to create a smooth, even canvas for seamless shadow application and a stay-put look every time.

Details:

Get your look on lockdown: squeeze out a bead-sized drop and apply to clean lids with fingers to ensure flawless glide and even distribution.

MORE TO LOVE:

• Unique binders lock down eye shadow pigments for amazingly long wear
  • Crease-proof, fade-proof, waterproof wear for up to 24 hours
  • Grabs pigment and intensifies eye shadow color
  • Neutralizes any lid discoloration
  • Needle-nose applicator for no-waste, precise dispensing
  • Over 4,600 5-star reviews
  • 100% said this eye shadow primer helped shadow adhere to eyelids*
  • 100% said this eye shadow primer made shadow easier to blend*
  • 100% said they would trade in their current eye shadow primer for this one*
  • 97% said this eye shadow primer decreased eye shadow fallout*
  • 97% said this is the best eye shadow primer they’ve ever used*
  • *consumer study results

Isododecane, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Triethylhexanoin, Polyethylene, Trihydroxystearin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Isopropyl Lanolate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Dimethicone, PEG-40 Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherol, Mica. (+/-): Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499). *Formulated without parabens

Elisabeth G.
Spring Hill, FL
I have tried many eye shadow primers, but always come back to this one. My eyelids tend to be oily and eye shadow creases early on--- if it even stays on. Two Faced Shadow Insurance solved that problem for me. Well-- it did until this last tube. I know there was a change in the packaging, but don't know if there was a change in the product formulation or not, but the product is not the smooth, creamy base I am accustomed to. It is, instead, separated and no amount of shaking it seems to blend it. A little bit of clear, watery substance that feels oily comes out first; then some runny version of the cream. I still use it and it still works; I just don't like the application of it. (Hence the 4 stars instead of 5.) It actually makes my eyelids FEEL oily even though the shadow still goes on smoothly. Because if this, I've had a few times where my shadow didn't seem to have the usual staying power. Still, it is the best I've found so far.
Caitlyn C.
Frederick, MD
Sadly, for the longest time I had no clue what eyeshadow primer was, and then once I knew, I refused to believe that it could have any effect in how my makeup looked. But boy was I wrong. I received a trial size of Shadow Insurance from Ulta about two years ago, and I was shocked to see the difference it made. It makes whichever eyeshadow I put on seem at least twice as pigmented as it did on my bare skin! But the real miracle is that I can put on my eye makeup, go out for a night on the town with friends, pass out like a slob, and still wake up rockin' my smokey eye from the night before! No greasy eyelids, no droopy shadow, and no makeup rub off! This product definitely is a little pricey, but believe me when I say a little goes a long way, and you'll also use less of your eyeshadows than you were using before!!
Shawna R.
The Candlelight Shadow Insurance is my first every eyeshadow primer, and will be my last. I've tried others I like, but this does not cause any creasing or flaking or smudging. And if you accidentally fall asleep before removing eye makeup... when you wake up it will look like you just put it on! My sister made me laugh one time when I was sleeping on the couch (exhausted day and night) and woke up, and she said...'No way you've been sleeping this long! You have makeup on and everything! She totally thought I had freshly put on my eye makeup. Oh, and this is not only 'Shadow-Insurance' it is a shadow-mascara-eyeliner-eye highlighter Insurance ALL-IN-ONE! Everything you put on top of this primer, will stay...and stay...and stay :) Did I mention this is good?
Natalie W.
Brook Park, OH
I love this eyeshadow primer. I use it EVERY time I do eyeshadow. I only gave it 4 stars because of the price. I love this product, but personally I'm not willing to spend around $21 every time I run out. But that brings me to my next point: it lasts FOREVER. I use the slightest bit and it covers my eyelid. I have very veiny, dark eyelids, and this primer really lightens the darkness, but it doesn't cover veins amazingly, but it cancels them out a little. Overall I would recommend this, but there are so many drugstore eyeshadow primers that are just as good. I have oily/dry eyelids and this doesn't crease or help the oil and it moisterizes the dry patches. I LOVE IT for that reason! I also feel like my eyeshadow stays put and looks amazing all day.
Paola L.
El Paso, TX
My favorite thing about this primer is the packaging! Which often happens to me with Too Faced, since they're so freaking adorable! I first tried this because it came with my Vegas Nay x Too faced collaboration. This stuff is a dream to make eyeshadow last, however for me it's too thin. It isn't as "full coverage" as UD's primer potion of Benefit's Stay Don't Stray. So if you're like me and you want a deep neutral base to start on this alone won't do. I like to apply this then a base eyeshadow to work on. However, this isn't sticky at all so if you don't care about a neutral base then blending on top of this alone without setting it shouldn't be a problem!
Meredith S.
Berkley, MI
This is a great shadow primer. I never have any creasing with any of my shadows when I use this product. It's very light weight on the eyes - it's slightly thinner than most primers but that's ok, that's how it's supposed to be. A little goes a very long way. You can overuse products all the time and it can skew your results. I apply to my bare lid and always apply a base color to my lids (same shade as my skin tone) to set the primer. If you don't do this, you could end up with creasing. My eyelids are not super oily, but probably fairly normal. I also am a contact wearer and this doesn't bother my eyes at all. I would recommend for everybody.
Caitlin M.
Arlington, MA
This is definitely the best shadow primer I have found (better than NYX, Urban Decay, Smashbox, etc). I used to use Urban Decay Primer Potion almost exclusively, which was always good enough; trying this was a game changer. Cost-wise, it's actually about the same as a bottle of Primer Potion BUT you get a little more product and, since it's a soft plastic bottle, you can cut the bottom off of it to scoop out any product you missed via squeezing (which you definitely can't do with the hard plastic UD bottles). I've had looks that last 16+ hours using this primer, and really can't recommend it highly enough. Love love love!
Melody K.
Roy , UT
Got mine on Black Friday last year & used it for the first time yesterday. It was the mini one of this, I had just ran out of my urban decay ones so I was excited to see how this. Compared to the urban decay ones. I used it before going to work & did a nice simple smokey eye look for work & I had to work for 8 hours. I come from work to see how my eyeshadow looked after working 8 hours (I work in a food area) it looked just like it when I applied it. It stayed really well & I think it works better than the urban decay ones! I would highly recommend it to anyone. I would buy it again!
Abigail S.
Bedford, TX
I first tried this because I purchased a holiday set that came with a sample sized tube of this. I was blown away by how long my eyeshadow lasted with this. I will even use this on days where I only wear eyeliner and no shadow, because it keeps my liner from smudging. I typically leave my house early in the morning (7-8 am) for school and don't come home until 10-11 pm, so long lasting makeup is important for me. I don't know what I would do without this shadow insurance. You barely have to use any at all so I haven't even put a dent in my sample size which I received in October.
Alyx D.
Tinley Park, IL
I used to use NYX HD primer religiously. It's better than nothing but I still got really bad creasing. I decided to splurge and try this out instead. IT'S AMAZING. I have greasy eyelids and used the tiniest amount. My MATTE BROWN eyeshadow applied well and blended out perfectly, unlike other primers. There wasn't a single crease or faded spot anywhere. I can't even imagine how well this must work with shimmer eyeshadow. Can't wait to try. FYI, the tip of this is so perfect for getting the right amount of product without contaminating the tube. So impressed and I highly recommend.
Alisha C.
Ooltewah, TN
I am looking for a good eye shadow primer. Is this one worth the money, or would you recommend another one over this one?
Danielle W.
Do you guys prefer this over Urban decay eyeshadow primer potion? Or is it the same quality..
Brooke N.
Do you prefer the Too Faced Shadow Insurance or the Urban Decay Primer Potion?
Martha C.
Is this product good? Is it value for money?
Alex k.
Laval, Canada
I heard a lot of people say it's itchy on eyelids and doesn't work well. Is this true? And if so what's a better product?