BY TOO FACED #6 in Lip Plumper

• Does it really work ?11 Answers
  • I’ve heard it’s really good , but is it true it has a bur...5 Answers
  • Is It Worth It? Does It Really Work ? And If So How Long ...2 Answers
Too Faced Lip Injection Extreme
  • "I'm absolutely in love with this stuff. It is a plumper of the few that actually creates visible results in just minutes. At first there is no feeling except a glossy texture. After a few minutes you'll start to feel, what I like to call, a sharp tingle. It's pretty intense. Soon that feeling subsides and you are left with this beautiful pouty pout. So kissable! You layer anything with it as well. OH! AND...the more you use it the more your lips will stay plump on their own on the days you don't use it. How cool is that?" in 4490 reviews
Julia V.
San Francisco, CA
I swear by this product. I prefer it to all other lip plumpers I’ve tried. It’s one of those items I always have in my purse and use every day multiple times a day. I have been using lip plumper extreme injection since probably 2013 and have rebought countless bottles since them (I mean it, dozens and dozens of them). It’s probably the only product of this nature that I’ve ever actually finished (like scraping the bottom of the barrel, finished) and then I promptly need another. I prefer the clear extreme injection to too faced’s other lip plumpers, and I def don’t like the tinted versions all too much. But this one is the real deal. It plumps EFFECTIVELY after application, like there are many products (lip plumpers, or other types, just in general) that I *think* might be working but can’t be too sure of it really is or if I’m just a victim of a combination of placebo effect and popular opinion, but with this product the increase in lip size after application is measurable and undeniable. I love the tingle feeling because to me that means it’s working. And throughout the years of my loyal use of this product, countless people have looked at me and said “oh my god, your lips look AMAZING”.... like even if I was already hanging out with people and they didn’t see me reapply and didn’t know I even use lip plumper, after putting it on they will suddenly look at me with a bit of confusion and say something “how come your lips look SO GOOD all of the sudden.” Yepp. That’s why I don’t care I have to devote 28 dollars to this product every 2-3 months and will continue to do so. Love!
Vanessa N.
Dickinson
Too Faced Lip Injection Extreme is my go-to product for lip plumping products. Let's face it. There's no miracle on a tube, so if you're looking for huge lips, the only way to achieve that is through lip fillers and plastic surgery. However, if your expectations are realistic and you're looking for a subtle plumping effect that will enhance your natural lips just a little more, this is the perfect product! This is one of the plumping products that will produce the tingling and mild stinging effect, so if you don't like that feeling, this may not be the product for you. It's not an overwhelming feeling, and it's certainly tolerable. It brings the blood in your lips to the surface to produce the plumping effect and a slight tinge of color. I like to use this product before applying my matte lipsticks. To plump your lips before applying a matte lipstick, simply apply this product to your bare lips approximately 15-20 minutes prior to applying your lipstick. Complete your other makeup routine. When you're ready to apply your lip color, simply take a washcloth and wipe off the excess Lip Injection Extreme product from your lips. Then apply your lip liner and lipstick as usual. You don't want to apply this over a matte lip product because it will compromise the formula of a long-wearing lipstick and cause it to slide off. That's also why you need to remove the excess immediately before applying your lipstick.
Brianna S.
burlington
I was looking for a new plumper when I bought this hoping it would be just what I was looking for. It's a clear gloss that is not sticky but it's a tad bit on the thicker side which is a good thing in my opinion that way it can really do its job, honesty this just wasn't for me... I'm not sure if I had a reaction to it which I'm pretty sure it was because I've seen this work fantastic for other women, but for me my lips were burning so bad.. I don't mean in a normal lip plumping way this was different around my mouth started turning red like on my face and it was burning for about an hour my lips were bright red and looked extremely irritated.. I'm sad this didn't work for me but I would still recommend to others because it's worked for many other women just not me!
Lindsey K.
Louisa
I've noticed with age my lips have lost their fullness so after much research I decided on this product and was not disappointed. It has a pleasant scent, soft applicator and goes on smoothly on my lips. It is thick and sticky like lip glosses should be. After a minute I can begin to feel the "tingling" sensation as my lips respond to the product but it is minimal and not too bothersome. I can wear this alone, or over lipstick to achieve a little extra "oomph" to my pout. If worn over long-wearing lipstick it does make the lipstick transferable, though. The results for me are subtle but I can tell a difference in the appearance of fine lines. See attached photo for before (top) and 5 minutes after (bottom). It is pricey for a lip gloss but worth it in my opinion for having a little extra bit of youth back.
Anna M.
It is very moisturizing and works very well after a lip scrub. It will make you lips very pink but it does plump a lot. I think the extreme is a little expensive but if you want a good lip plumper, then it is worth it. I bought this from Ulta and used up a whole tube of it. And, if you purchase it from Ulta, you can get points every time you buy something so you may be able to use your points to get some money off if yo don’t want to spend the full price for the Too Faced extreme lip plumper. The packaging is very nice and includes small details around the cap and the liquid itself is a purple/green duo chrome, which adds a nice touch. Overall, I would recommend this to others because you can get a nice plump, it’s mousturizing, and you can get it for a good deal. The only thing that I would complain about for this product is that if you have sensitive skin, it may turn the skin around your lips slightly red if you get it into your skin.
Marina R.
Oceanside, CA
I'm not going to lie, I wholeheartedly agree with the philosophy that beauty is pain sometimes, and obviously that was the driving force behind this product. But my goodness, does it work.  Within approximately 30 seconds after application, my lips look pouty and naturally flushed, although the product itself is clear and colorless. The increased volume lasts for roughly an hour for me, and if I'm wearing all day I find I will generally need to reapply every 1.5 to keep the gloss looking good through a normal work day. I often find myself using this about 5 minutes prior to applying liquid lipsticks to get the perfect effect, and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for dramatic results that last quite a while. Just be warned, it does sting.
S R.
San Mateo, CA
I am absolutely obsessed with this lip plumping product! It is a bit tacky upon first use, but the plumping process can be felt moments after application. Not only did it plump, but it also left a beautiful glossy, pink tint on my lips! I love the simple but professional aesthetic to the packaging, and the size of the bottle gives a great amount of product for the price. Overall, I would definitely recommend this product to anyone looking for a reliable and reasonably priced plumping gloss that provides larger lips with moisture and a healthy natural color!
FlawlessLC C.
Centerville
This lip plumper is so great! If you’re looking for a fast lip plumper that actually works, THIS is it! I must warn you though, it tingles and burns! It’s not bad, but it’s intense. It’s definitely more than most plumpers I’ve tried. It doesn’t hurt, the only way I can describe it is intense. It only lasts for a minute if so, not even. I love the way my lips look when using this, it’s so awesome! But I have to give it only 4 stars, for two reasons: first of all the effects don’t last very long. Like most temporary lip plumping glosses, it’s very quick. I’d say you get maybe 20 minutes or so. Which is too bad. But I still enjoy using it. EXCEPT, the smell!!! It smells like children’s makeup! Like the little kid gloss you probably used to have? From Claire’s? Ughhh, I can’t stand it! I just need Too Faced to change that and then I’ll use it all the time! I won’t mind needing to reapply if they just change the smell.
Other than that, it’s my #1 lip plumper that I recommend to anyone in search of a good one!
Skylar N.
Elkin
Review for: Other more...
I purchased the Too faced lip injection gloss about a month ago, possibly a little less under a month ago and I have been using it quite frequently over this period of time and I have found that it actually does plumpen you’re lips or at least in my case. For me I already have full lips but my top lip is a little smaller than my bottom and makes my lips look unsymmetrical on normal basis so I decided to look for a lip plumper to help even it out somewhat as much as it possibly could. From using this product thus far I can definitely recommend it to others from my personal experience of it being a pretty well rounded product. There isn’t much a smell to it, it doesn’t have an awful taste, it isn’t sticky and it isn’t easily dried out. It’s worth the money in my eyes and I will definitely be repurchasing it!
Briana S.
I have very small lips, specifically my top lip. It is a VERY big insecurity that I have, especially now that I'm getting heavy into makeup land. I bought this plumper out of curiosity and although it does give that stinging feeling other reviews talk about, it's only temporary. I sometimes add Vaseline beforehand and it eases the "pain". It plumps them only a tad bit, but apparently enough for people to notice. I don't notice a difference but I guess we'll see what happens. I plan on using this a couple more times and document a before and after to see if this truly works, cause ya girl can't afford lip fillers. It does provide a nice clear gloss on top of a matte lip.
Jackie R.
Dallas
Does it really work ?
Jennifer F.
El Paso, TX
Did this really burn your lips ?

back