BY TOO FACED #3 in Lip Plumper

A lip treatment designed to help plump your lips. Lip Injection is a clear cosmetic that enhances your pucker for lasting fullness. Its patented formula is based on medically-proven blood vessel dilating technology touted to create the sexiest pout this side of a plastic surgeons office. This wonder wand is a celebrity secret weapon against puny, lifeless lips.

• About how much is it? I've only used the saphora one and its abou...5 Answers
  • Does this really plump your lips to a point you can tell? and how...5 Answers
  • Does this really work?? Too Faced Lip Injection4 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
  • "It tingles a good bit the first time you put it on during the day, and it pumps well, it just doesn't last more than an hour, maybe 2 at most." in 1 review
  • "This stuff does burn and tingle, and DOES plump up your lips, but the effects are not long lasting at all." in 1 review
  • "this stuff worked INCREDIBLY on the first day that i used it, however the next day the effect was not as strong and did not last long at all." in 1 review
  • "So glad I came across it, def worth every penny" in 1 review
Karissa S.
Karissa S.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Lip Plumping has been huge in the beauty community lately. I've always been into lip plumpers ever since I've used my tita's buxom lip gloss when I was like 11 ūüė≠ This too faced lip plumper really does work but it doesn't last very long :( The tingling sensation which I LOVE so much isn't that bad in my opinion but don't take my word for it because that might not be the same for everyone. It is a thicker consistency and really shiny. Mine is in the shade "pink" so it does have a slight pink tint to it. A lot of people complain about how "shiny" it is but TIP: the sheen of a gloss creates an illusion of bigger lips, kind of like a 3D effect. Another plus is that it smells delightful! It has like a ūüćďscent and It makes me wanna lick all the gloss off. More about the tingling sensation, I noticed that it is a hot sensation rather than a cold, cooling one (IE: blistex) Idk if its some sort of addiction but I love the way it burns lmao ūüėā Other than having to re-apply every few hours to get that plumped look, I love this product.
Amber M.
Amber M.
Cincinnati, OH
I defiantly have mixed opinions on this product and that is why I gave it a score in the middle range. It does what it says...it INSTANTLY plump your lips. You'll see full results as time passes but you will see a difference in the fullness of your lips right away. I have the color B116 which is a clear rainbow holographic color. Really like the color. It a clear with a sheen of different colors as the light hits it that are just barely noticeable. After about 10 mins my lips looked like I just got a little bit of lip injections put in. Those were the things I really liked. Now the cons which led me to believe I would never purchase this again. I do like the tingle of lip plumpers, but this BURNED as time went on. It could be due to me having somewhat sensitive skin? It made my lips very stiff in certain parts like when I made a "kiss face" it HURT to move my lips in that position. I didn't get an "even" plump. The texture was puffier in some areas. Do not like it has long term effects
Yes G.
Yes G.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This review is based on my experience with product. I have friends who have used it with no problem at all. 3 stars because product does what it claims, briefly but it does make your lips fuller. Plus it has a lovley scent that reminds me of lip smackers. Reason it only gets a 3 and not higher is I had a reaction to this product. When I applied it everything felt fine. I got the tingle/burning sensation and my lips did look fuller for a short time it was the following morning when I realized there was a issue. Woke up with my lips super dry, cracked followed by nasty peeling. The top layer of my lips felt hard as if the whole top layer had died. This is the only product that was new in my beauty routine before I had the reaction. So leaves me to conclude it was this product that caused it. I tried looking online to see if anyone else had similar reactions but couldn't find anything. Now idk for sure if it was this product that caused it but like I said it was the only new product used
Melissa M.
Melissa M.
Union, NJ
"Plumped" lips are really just your lips at their healthiest and most hydrated. If your lips are chapped and dry, they'll appear thinner. If your lips are healthy and hydrated, they'll appear fuller. Nothing is going to truly give you bigger lips except actual lip injections. ...I still bought this product. And I like it. It does what I previously stated -- helps your lips be healthy and hydrated. It applies like a gloss but actually leaves your lips more moisturized than before. There's vitamin e and avocado. so it's adding benefits and health to your lips. The tingle is pretty painful at first, but some people like that. I mean, it does what it says. It helps your lips achieve their most hydrated and healthy state, so they do look plumper. I use this at night sometimes for moisturized lips in the morning. Only cons are the pain, and how sticky it is. If you're expecting a miracle, this won't impress you, lol.
Roxanne A.
Roxanne A.
Oakley, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Ulta had a deal on this product a couple of months back for 50% off. I never tried the product before that but I knew the price was right so I decided to buy two just in case I loved it. Unfortunately, that was not the case. I do like the look of this and the consistency is really thick so it lasts a while without having to reapply. I also like how there is a tiny hint of pink in it but it is still sheer on the lip. However, this product hella stings compared to other brands I have tried! I am not sure if my lips are just extra sensitive now but I do not have any cuts or anything when I do use it and I feel like the tingling is way stronger than anything else I have tried. The tingling lasts anywhere between the first 10-20 minutes and then you kind of get used to it. Regardless, your lips do look a little plumper so it does what is intended. They always say beauty is pain right?
Denise M.
Denise M.
Chehalis, WA
I bought the Lip Injection Extreme from Utla two weeks ago and have been using it morning and night as suggested for long results. Really only the initial application stung for me, although it was bearable. The minute I put it on I noticed a huge difference! Not like swollen noticeable, but natural noticeable. After about the first week of twice daily application, I noticed my lips looked plumper than normal even when I wasn't wearing the plumper. IT DOES WORK. The only thing you have to be careful of is that is will irritate (turn red) anywhere it is applied, so be sure and wipe off any excess around the lips. Plus is is really moisturizing! Every morning when I get up I notice how soft my lips are.
Laurie V.
Laurie V.
Appleton, WI
Beauty Junkie Expert
I own 2 of the Lip Injections... I really wanted these to work for me, they weren't cheap but neither are lip fillers & those aren't an option, so I was willing to shell out some dough to find my "cure" for my thin lips. Perfect ex. Of when something is too good to be true. These just tingled,for like 2 min. Then it was all over. Nothing for better or bigger. My lips stayed the same size & my wallet shrunk. I'd steer clear, I've heard i'm not alone on this sadly. I love two faced products,hopefully they can come up with a better formula or a cheaper price & just market them as a gloss. They are quite sticky though as well...yeah, I'd pass.
Stessa F.
Stessa F.
Elmsford, NY
I still remember the first time I purchased this product. It was definitely before I graduated high school (so 2005-2006) and no one I knew shopped at Sephora. I walked in and saw this plumper (also very new to me as no one really talked about makeup) and knew I needed it! I've been using it religiously ever since! It smells slightly of sweetened cinnamon. The new bottle is a huge improvement from the old one. If you're looking for a really good plumper this is for you! It's not too thick and after the stinging subsides (let's be honest, if it doesn't I don't think it's working!) it feels very comfortable on the lips!
Casey M.
Casey M.
Galesburg
I got this product from Ipsy, and I've tried it twice so far. I was excited, because I normally love Too Faced products.

Like everyone else says, the gloss stings and burns. I would say that I have semi-sensitive lips, and the application as a result is very uncomfortable for me.

After that, the pain really isn't worth it. My lips are only slightly fuller and pink. The effect doesn't last long, and I'm left with a simple gloss.

For $26, I don't think this product is worth it. I'm glad I didn't buy it myself, and I would never recommend it to anyone.

Granted, I already have full lips, so maybe it just wasn't for me.
Mary K.
Mary K.
Tallahassee, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
As a lip plumper, I was not impressed. Of course I should probably preface this by saying I already have relatively full lips. I did a before photo, applied the gloss, and did an after photo about 20 minutes later. There was absolutely no difference. Perhaps there is a difference on women with lips that are less full. I wasn't looking to actually plump my lips as they don't need it. But I got this in my ipsy bag and felt I should at least try it to give it a fair review. As a lip gloss, it just like any other lip gloss. But I wouldn't spend the money on something that makes my lips sting just to make them shiny.
Sada C.
Sada C.
Austin, TX
I heard this stings. Does beauty really hurt?
Sammi S.
Sammi S.
Hobart, IN
How long does the lip plumper and tingling effect last? Do you have to reapply the plumper throughout the day?
Sabrina P.
Sabrina P.
Edinburg, TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
I've heard good things and bad things about this product... I'm curious to know if this product actually works? Does it hurt as much as people say?
Wendy S.
Wendy S.
Pell City, AL
Does this product mainly work around the cupid's bow area or does it affect the whole lip?
Aida O.
Aida O.
Beauty Junkie Expert
How long does your lips stay plump after applying?