BY TOO FACED #2 in Face Primer

A replenishing face primer that hydrates, smoothes, and brightens skin for a dewy, healthy looking finish. Cure your next beauty hangover with Hangover, a revolutionary makeup primer that's infused with coconut water, a probiotic-based ingredient, and skin revivers which work together to boost skin's radiance, promote elasticity, and help hydrate while locking down makeup for fresher, longer, and more flawless wear. Too Faced harnessed the science of hydration to create a creamy, penetrating primer that acts like an energy drink for the skin by replenishing moisture levels. It can be worn alone for a dewy, healthy looking finish, or under bronzers, foundations, and powders to create the perfect canvas. It is formulated Without: - Parabens- Sulfates - Phthalates This product is cruelty-free, vegan-friendly, and silicone-free. Research results: In a consumer study, after 1 week of use of primer at home: - 100% said skin looked more hydrated - 100% said their skin had the appearance of a full night's rest (immediately after use alone on clean skin) - 100% said makeup went on smoother In a consumer study, after 8 hours of use at home: - 100% said makeup looked more radiant with primer and foundation application see more...

• Too Faced Hangover Replenishing Face Primer is it worth the money? ...2 Answers
  • Is this good for dry skin?6 Answers
  • How moisturizing is this primer? 16 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Molly B.
Molly B.
Shedd, OR
I’d consider myself to be obsessed with makeup, or anything girly for that matter, so of course I need something to keep my face makeup on and make it look as smooth and flawless as possible. I’ve tried a few different primers, but usually they are drugstore products, or any cheaper options in general. Although I love buying makeup, I want to make sure that I don’t waste my money on something that I don’t like. I received a sample of the Too Faced Hangover Replenishing Face Primer and I was thrilled to be able to test out the formula.
I have to say that it took me a little bit to truly like this primer, it took more than one or two wears at the least. I have combination skin, meaning that my skin will get oily, but it is dry in some or most areas of my face. The texture was so moisturizing that I didn’t think it would work with my skin, however I slowly became obsessed with it and realized that it actually cooperated with my skin quite nicely. Primer is a crucial part for applying and wearing makeup, so it’s essential to be worn on a regular bases. I don’t find myself using this particular primer everyday, but that’s because I like it so much that I don’t want to use it all too fast. Nevertheless, on days when I want to have my makeup look really nice and feel replenishing on my face, I will reach for this one in a heartbeat.

Formula

This is probably my favorite part about this primer. It’s made with coconut water, which I absolutely love. The product has a lovely and fresh coconut smell, which is something I haven’t experienced from other primers. I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone who doesn’t like the smell of coconut, but it’s what makes this product unique in my opinion. The ingredients also include olive oil. These two oils in and of themselves add exquisite moisturizing properties to the formula. I will say that this is not a pore disappearing primer. The ingredients make it moisturizing, as well as replenishing for the skin, but they do not make it appear poreless from what I’ve experienced. Overall I’d say that this formula is perfect for dry skin, and can be good for combination skin. For people with very oily skin, I’d recommend a more mattifying primer.

Application

The actual application of this is another great quality that this primer possesses. I love that it is so lightweight, which lets it smooth out onto the face without feeling like there is anything sitting on the face at all. When I apply it to my face I don’t have to use a lot because the formula is almost a watery consistency. This is nice because I am able to make the product go a long way and last fairly long. It spreads out onto my skin in equal proportions, getting into all of the crevices and creases in my face.

Texture

The texture of the formula itself is silky and thin. When you hold it in your fingers it’s very slippery. Once applied onto my face, it causes the skin to feel super smooth and satiny. In the area of consistency and feeling on my face, this primer is probably my favorite. It leaves my skin feeling so soft and restored. It gives it a healthy glow and in no way has broken out my skin. With sensitive skin this is a great quality for any face product.

Price

This is the biggest part about the primer that I don’t like. It’s so expensive for the amount. For a bottle of 1.35 ounces it ranges from 30 to 32 dollars. Compared to other high end brand primers, the price is not surprising, but for people who don’t usually buy primers, or buy high end makeup, the cost is incredibly high. It’s hard to pay a lot for something that isn’t super noticeable on the face. It’s not like splurging on an expensive lipstick or an eyeshadow pallet, where it’s quite obvious for the most part; it’s just a primer. I personally would buy this expensive primer, but only use it on occasion, while utilizing a more affordable one on a regular bases.

Wear

How a primer wears, specifically with makeup, is a severely imperative part of the overall measure of the commodity. With this primer, I conceive that it is focused particularly on how it replenishes the skin. Nonetheless, it is still a makeup primer, and it’s expected that it will still make the makeup look good. I really like how the makeup goes on to the face with the primer on. Foundation glides on so easily, which is what makes this primer stand out. It does not, however, keep it on longer than any other primer I’ve used.

Allie V.
Allie V.
Zeeland, MI
I absolutely love this primer. I was on the hunt for a while for a really great moisturizing primer, and once I found this, I don't know if I can go to anything else!

I have combination skin, so I look for a primer that can moisturize, but not make me too shiny, and this does just the trick! It feels more like a moisturizer than a primer when you apply it to your face, but that's what I love about it. It has all of the benefits of a great primer plus a great moisturizer.

In regards to the formula, it's so smooth and watery at the same time. You don't need a lot of this to go a long way. I use half of a pump for my entire face. It spreads really well all over the face, without becoming blotchy or patchy in any areas. Foundation glides on easily!

This primer is about $31-$32 dollars at most retailers, and while some may never pay this amount for a primer - I think it's worth every penny. I've had this primer for 4 months now, have used it almost every day, and I'm not to the end of the bottle yet!

One complaint that many have about this primer is that their makeup doesn't last as long with this primer as other primers that advertise being "long-lasting" primers. But this doesn't claim to be super long lasting. It does make your makeup last a long time, but this is mainly a hydrating primer, and it does exactly what it claims. I just wish that it could be as long lasting as it is hydrating.

I love the packaging. Too Faced always had the cutest packaging, but even more than that, it primer comes in a tube, but with a pump! That way, you can squeeze out all of the product, but pump it out. 10/10 for packaging.

I cannot say enough great things about this primer. The only people I may not recommend this to is people with oily skin. However, people with dry or combination skin - this is a must-have for your collection.
Sybil W.
Sybil W.
La Place, LA
This primer is like a light moisturizer+face primer all in one. It can be used by all skintypes, its 100% silicone free, it has great skincare ingredients designed, to help invigorate one's complexion. The foundation has a slight fragrance to me, that isn't overpowering, and that after a while I don't even smell it on my face at all. I have very sensitive skin and the small amount of fragrance in this product, doesn't bother my skin, and I actually know that while this primer is on my face that it's actually working to do good things for it. Plus, it is vegan friendly and cruelty free as well.

With any primer, I apply it sparingly onto my face. As, there is no need to go overboard when it comes to applying primer to ones face at all. This primer is pricey, but you get a fairly decent amount for the price. And, I like that it can be used alone or underneath one's makeup base, and it works fantastic either way. Even though I live in an area that is hot and humid almost all year round, my foundation stays in tact all day with this primer underneath it. It does not slide of, melt off, cake, crease, keep running off, or get shiny or gready on me. Does it completely blur out your pores? no. This is to be understood, because this is more of a skin smoothing primer, as it will not erase the look of your pores and make them look completely invisible. If you are someone who has very enlarged pores, then you may want to go with a primer more specifically designed to address such issue.

I really like this foundation, because it is one that I can wear all year round, but I can tell you especially comes in handy when the weather is very cool or cold out and ones skin becomes very dehydrated, and definitely needs a hydrating boost to it. This primer gives that, but will never make you look shiny or oily, at all with it on.
Renee G.
Renee G.
This primer is perfectly decent, but I don't think it does half of what it claims it can do, and it's probably best for a specific skin type. For reference, I have very dry, dehydrated skin that can be sensitive/reactive.

The Hangover primer has a very thin, watery texture; it spreads across the skin easily and is totally weightless. Some people love the smell, some people hate it...I think it smells like coconut crayons. Really, they should just remove the added fragrance from the ingredients. I can't smell it when it's on my face, though. This primer didn't irritate my skin or break me out, but if you're sensitive to olive oil or coconut based ingredients, you may want to give this one a pass.

My foundation does glide over this primer, which is a plus. I'd also say that this primer makes your face look a bit smoother and more plump throughout the day. However, it doesn't provide any hydration the way it claims. My face looks just as dry at the end of the day as it does without the primer. This won't make dry skin look dewier, either, though people with a more balanced skin type may get that result.

Overall, I'd say that this primer is best for people with slightly dry, slightly oily, or combination skin who want a bit of smoothing and plumping from a primer. If your goal is oil control or hydration, take a pass on this one.
Grace B.
Grace B.
Boston, MA
I just bought this product the other day and I'm already so impressed! I've seen so many people swear by this stuff and now that i've actually been able to get my hands on it, I can see why. This is SUCH a hydrating primer and despite the fact that I've used it twice so far, I've been seeing and feeling a pretty significant difference in my skin. The New England winter's already been pretty unforgiving to my regular skin, and Hangover really helped me bring it back to its original soft glory. It also really makes your makeup stay all day. I've been on the move since around 7:30 this morning (12 hours ago by the time this review's been published), and the only issues I've seen with my makeup is some under eye smudging from my mascara! The only real qualms that I have with the product are the price and the misleading packaging that makes it seem like there's more product than there actually is. While I don't think I'd be able to afford this product year-round on a college budget, I really love it, especially for the winter.
Brandie C.
Brandie C.
Pickerington, OH
I have used the same make up primer for literally the last 8 yrs. Yes I have cheated a few times with samples from my Birchbox or Ipsy bags but I have always came right back to my trusty Bare Minerals primer.....until the Too Faced Hangover primer came in my Ipsy bag!! At first I was not impressed on my fingers. My fave primer was clear and silky and this was a white, thin cream. I went ahead and put it on my face and before I could get it rubbed in, it disappeared. It was like my face drank it! Still not really impressed ( because my fingers skidded across my face when the cream disappeared....no glide whatsoever) but I put on the rest of my make up and immediately noticed a difference in the smoothness and even the pigment. I work ten hour days and even at the end of my shift my make up was still going strong!!! Completely amazed. I am almost out of my deluxe sample and have already placed an order for the full sized product!! Worth a cheat in my opinion to try the Too Faced Hangover
Jacqueline H.
Jacqueline H.
Erie, CO
Let me start by saying I am sort of a primer junkie. Haha. I just love to try out as many as I can in hopes of finding the one that will top them all. Let's be real: I'm a makeup junkie and hold this philosophy for pretty much any and all beauty and makeup related products. But primers are high on the list for my holy grail quest. This one certainly has its place in my most reached for category. It just feels so good on the skin. Very creamy and moisturizing, which is what it sets out to be so SCORE! I also really love the scent, very light and subtle coconut. I've been especially loving this primer during these long winter days as it is one extra bump of hydration they my dry/combo skin desperately needs. This will not blur pores or leave you with a smooth siliconey base, Too Faced's other primer is meant for that. But I have found that it does sink into the skin and calm some remaining redness around my nose and chin. I've also heard it's a possible dupe for the Marc Jacobs primer!
Victoria S.
Victoria S.
Mohnton, PA
Dry skin is always something I've Struggled with, so as a way to counteract it I've exfoliated and moisturized twice a day, but that combined with a primer still wouldn't help with my flaky skin. I do tend to use drug store makeup for everyday, but every primer I've tried has had its own set of problems. Some feel greasy and wipe off with your makeup! And the others dry you out even more. I eventually decided to try two faced hangover primer, which was a splurge, but this primer was cruelty free and good for dry skin, essentially my only hope, but I'm so happy I spent the money. It smells good, and feels great right when I put it on. I've noticed that my makeup last throughout the day very vibrantly and my skin is nearly perfect. Plus the cute packing. I think it's totally worth it, but if I did have a complaint it would be the price and the quantity, but it is a highness product.Overall this primer is a lifesaver.
Gina G.
Gina G.
I wanted to love this primer. First, the good things: It is really light and hydrating - and even works for oily skin like mine. It feels nourishing and has a really light scent, which is great. It's feels just like a really nice, light lotion, and becomes slightly tacky on the skin as it dries, which is good since this usually means it will hold on to makeup well. My problem with this is that it starts to ball up a bit and feel like it's flaking off once I apply anything over it. It could be the particular foundations I've used, but I've tried it with a few different kinds, and it still does it. I don't see any noticeable flaking, but to the touch, it feels like it's balling up and creating texture on my skin. Again, there are so many great qualities about this primer, but I have plenty of other primers that don't react this way to my foundation, so I think I will be sticking with them instead!
Zoe W.
Zoe W.
I've loved Too Faced products in the past and was really looking forward to this. It has an AMAZING smell and a very lightweight formula. I have combination skin and was looking for something to soften my dry areas (around the mouth, sometimes nose, temples) while not causing my oily areas to break out.
This worked wonderfully for my t-zone, I noticed less redness and didn't break out because of it. The smell transported me to a tropical paradise every time I put it on. Unfortunately, it was not NEARLY strong enough to do anything for my dry skin.
I didn't notice that it did much to smooth my skin's texture, which is essential to me in a primer. Mostly it just felt refreshing.
I used it mostly as a makeup refresher midday to keep shine and cakiness in check, it didn't do much for me as a moisturizer or primer. So when the bottle ran out, I wasn't too disappointed. I won't be repurchasing.
Diana M.
Diana M.
Gainesville, TX
Where else besides too faced online could i order this from?
Brittany S.
Brittany S.
Does this primer work well for oily skin? I've heard that it's very hydrating so it may be better for dry skin.
Jill T.
Jill T.
Would it be ok to use this as a daily moisturizer without applying makeup?
Christy B.
Christy B.
Des Moines, IA
How moisturizing is this primer?
J. S.
J. S.
Stanley, NY
I've heard a lot of great things about this primer, but what is its big claim to fame? Is it a moisturizing primer? I'm just unsure of exactly what it's supposed to do. Also I have oily skin so this may be a no go for me?