Add a Photo

Photos (143)
Yesy V.
Yesy V.
Cypress, TX

Too Faced Born This Way foundation is a good, bordering on excellent, foundation. This sheer cream formula has a lightly moisturizing finish and is best for those with combination to dry skin (including the acne prone). It is fragrance free, making it a good option for those with sensitive skin, too.

If you've seen the marketing for Born This Way, you know it promises benefits that blur the lines between skincare and makeup. With claims to moisturize and brighten skin while providing medium-to-full coverage that is "so undetectable, you can't see the makeup and you can't see imperfections," we had major expectations.

Packaged in a glass bottle with a pump-top, Born This Way foundation absolutely lives up to the promise of medium-to-full coverage. Upon first application, you'll find this easily conceals an uneven skin tone, such as redness, blotchy areas, or post-breakout red marks. Medium coverage is immediate, and you can buff this on for full coverage effortlessly.

The finish, as mentioned earlier, borders on dewy and leaves your complexion with a slight glow. Those who are not fans of traditional matte or satin-matte foundations will likely enjoy how Born This Way wears. Those with oily to very oily skin, however, will find this is too moisturizing for their needs (even to the point where coverage begins to wear away in certain spots).

If you have combination to dry skin, expect Born This Way to wear well over the course of the workday. We found the coverage held up and resisted caking or settling into lines, and only slightly emphasized dry spots after several hours of wear. The color range is expansive; Too Faced currently offers 18 shades that cover the spectrum of fair to deep skin tones, but as is the case with any foundation—especially those with this degree of coverage—we strongly encourage you to try this in store to find your exact skin match.

Where we were disappointed with Born This Way was with its principle claim, that it is undetectable—this isn't a formula for those seeking a natural-looking foundation. While Born This Way does blend seamlessly and provides even coverage, the effect is too perfect and borders on the artificial. The result is that while wearing this you're more likely to hear, "your makeup looks wonderful," versus, "your skin looks great."

Too Faced makes a few skincare claims, calling out ingredients like coconut water and hyaluronic acid, along with alpine rose leaf (rhododendron ferrugineum extract). These are present in tiny amounts, however, and shouldn't be expected to provide much of any benefit for skin.

In the end, Too Faced's Born This Way foundation is a good option that is nearly great. Had the claims for it not been as over-the-top, we wouldn't have been as disappointed with the fact that it doesn't look nearly as natural as its marketing promises conveyed. While we wouldn't suggest this foundation for everyday wear, if you were seeking a formula for evening or special occasions, Born This Way would absolutely rank as one of our top recommendations
Cheyenne A.
Cheyenne A.
Buhl, AL

I absolutely love their products BUT I will ONLY buy them from Sephora or Ulta. I bought the new Natural Love palette from them when it released so that I could have it before it released anywhere else. Nope. Their email stated "allow 2-3 business days and an additional 2-3 during major sales. PayPal funds will be pulled within 3 business days of order confirmation." 6 days later- funds still pending. No email stating my items had shipped and no response to my emails. By this time it was available online at ulta. I called TF to have my order refunded and the rep told me "it was too far into the process to refund." I asked how that was possible if the funds were still pending and if he could give me a time frame of when I could expect it to ship and he could not. I asked to speak with a supervisor and he put me in hold for a few minutes, came back and said, "my supervisor said..." the supervisor wouldn't even speak directly to me! (If he even asked at all.)

They ended up refunding the order a few days later but neglected to inform me. I had to call PayPal to get the funds deposited back into my PayPal account. NEVER again will I buy directly from them. I will wait for new releases to hit stores before I deal with their terrible customer service again.
Samantha C.
Samantha C.
Tucson , AZ

Too Faced is not only vegan, so you can feel good about using it, but I've found it to be one of my new favorite brands. The Teddy Bear Hair brushes are to die for.

I got a small sample of some of the colors in the Natural Matte Eye Palette and I will 100% be buying the full thing when it's out. I LOVE the pigments and the shades! It's easily blendable, too.
Nisshe R.
Nisshe R.

In my personal opinion WAS an excellent brand. But lately I feel they are in the middle, they are not excellent but they are not the worst. They bring to the the market 92 different products every 5 minutes. It's just too much. Is difficult to follow them, when you have just bought the new palette, they are already selling new highlighters, then the new palette and it's a vicious cycle. The same palettes the same boring colors, before I did not complain because the quality was excellent but lately the quality it's awful. They take super-cheesy names, super-cheesy packeting with cheesy drawing, without consistency, they smell horrible, they do a lot of hype and sell these stuff like it's a super palette and you can't live without them. It's very good marketing.
It saddens see how they are losing their spark. I would love to see products with very good quality as before. Not like their holiday collections. It's the same every year. I do not buy more from tf because they bored me.
Elizabeth C.
Elizabeth C.
Louisville, KY

I used to think this brand was gimmicky and aimed at the younger children eager to spend mommy and daddies money on the next status symbol makeup product. Boy was I wrong! Yes it's definitely gimmicky with their most popular palettes looking and smelling like chocolate bars or peaches, etc. But the quality is amazing. The makeup is pigmented and long lasting, especially in the chocolate bar palettes. They do have often misses. I feel that's because they do spend so much time on the cutesy packaging. For example their hotel collection, christmas in new york collection, macaroons collection, basically their entire holiday collection every year, the born this way concealer, melted lipstick, melted metallics, and I'm sure I could name a few more. Luckily for me and you they make a ton more great quality products than those and the holiday collection only comes annually. I do suggest buying from somewhere where you can test or with a great return policy like sephora.
Kaitlyn G.
Kaitlyn G.

Too Faced is not only vegan, so you can feel good about using it, but I've found it to be one of my new favorite brands. The Chocolate Bar Palettes, The Peach Palette are to die for I love using the Chocolate Soleil Matte bronzer for a contour. It smells delicious and has excellent pigmentation -- but be careful! It can easily look chalky if you apply too much. My holy-grail bronzer product is Too Faced's Sun Bunny. It gives that warm, sun-kissed glow. It easily blurs out any blending issues you may have had with the Soleil Matte! Five-star product for sure. The Better than Sex mascara lives up to the hype, too. Volume, length, color -- it's got it all. The one downside, I would say, is that it doesn't wash off easily. It is a good thing if you have a labor-intensive job or if you sweat a lot, but at night it might take a little extra scrubbing. The Natural Matte Eye Palette is so pretty! I LOVE the pigments and the shades! It's vary easy to blend!
Maria Q.
Maria Q.

This is one of my favorites, this lady knows exactly what she's doing when she creates the formulas for any of her make up artists and I have tried first of all I love any I reported she has ever came out with my favorite is the brow definer but next and close is the brow whiz minutes favorite is her Contor kit for fair skin most amazing how that she'd ever most amazing Brandon Jane's her highlighters are also completely on point I really enjoy your clean locate everything she comes out with is absolutely amazing I could keep going forever. Words can't even being to describe the utter amount of sheer glamour I felt when I got my first product. The. Eye. Shadows. Palette. Absolutely love and can't help putting on even when i'm not going anywhere. All of the colours bring this certain look onto my face that I really love. Definitely suggest being a regular costumer from them because they will always come through if yanno what I mean.
Isabel ❤.
Isabel ❤.

Too Faced is the very first high end makeup brand I tried, before them I had no idea the difference between high end and drugstore. So far I have loved almost every product I tried from this company, mainly eyeshadow palettes. The first was the chocolate bon bon palette and I tried it because of how cute the packaging was. The eyeshadows came in pans that were shaped like hearts and the outside was full of cute imprinted hearts. Performance wise, back then I had no idea how to tell, but now that I have tried lots of eyeshadow palettes I can certainly say that this is a wonderfully palette. The colors come out beautifully and the highlight that comes in it is still one of favorites. Since then it has been my go-to beauty brands and they are certainly worth giving them a try. Overall too faced has super cute packaging but they also have great quality.
Krystal D.
Krystal D.

They have some great eyeshadow pallets as well as there primers and i am so in love with there peach eyshadow pallets as well as there peach bronzer and blush!!! Ughhh these are my f***in fav and will always be in makeup bag if i was able to get it..... i was only able to swatch them in the ulta store and they feel and look amazing on my skin but i would love love love to be abled to try with a whole makeup look and it would be awsome and appreciative if you could make this happen for me!!!! I would also share this and all my other great products that wld be sent to me in my monthly box. But i would love to be sponsord by this brand that way i can shate with the world my first impressions. These are great ways to help women find n try some amazing brands as well as products n help them out with some great looks!!!
Karissa D.
Karissa D.
Rosemead, CA

I love Too Faced Cosmetics. The brand in general is totally amazing. I love purchasing the products because they are a reasonable price for a high end product but the quality is amazing.
I love how the brand in general is so generous. I love watching Youtube videos. My favorite Youtuber's are the ones who are not to big yet and keep it real. I love how Too Faced is always so generous and send those people PR Boxes and help them.
Too Faced cosmetics is such a generous brand I love them and the quality of there make-up.
One of my favorite make-up has to be the sweet peach eye shadow palette. I don't own it yet, but I tried it out and did a look on my eye and I fell in love with it. The quality and pigmentation is amazing and the smell is even more amazing.
Candy B.
Candy B.
Sahuarita, AZ

What are your favorite products from Too Faced? I've heard amazing things about their Sweetheart blush and Hangover primer!
Julia E.
Julia E.

Better than sex waterproof or regular one? Which one helps with keeping a curl and volume?
Kathie R.
Kathie R.

I don't know much about too faced but I hear great things. Are they as good as there made out to be
Allison B.
Allison B.
Crivitz, WI

Alright, I need a new eye shadow palette any suggestions?
Delaney S.
Delaney S.

Are your products tested on animals? I really hope not because I absolutely love your products but don't want to use anything that is tested on animals.

Join Now