Too Faced Cosmetics uploaded by GracieToo Faced Cosmetics uploaded by Blanca O.Too Faced Cosmetics uploaded by Bella A.See all 146 photos

BY TOO FACED #18 in Cosmetics & Beauty Stores

• Favorite eyeshadow palette and why? The chocolate bon bons one bec... 4 Answers
  • What are your favorite products from ...I absolutely love too faced! T... 16 Answers
  • Are your products tested on animals? ...Completely 100% Cruelty Free &... 7 Answers
Photos (146)
Yesy V.
Yesy V.
Cypress, TX
Too Faced Born This Way foundation is a good, bordering on excellent, foundation. This sheer cream formula has a lightly moisturizing finish and is best for those with combination to dry skin (including the acne prone). It is fragrance free, making it a good option for those with sensitive skin, too.

If you've seen the marketing for Born This Way, you know it promises benefits that blur the lines between skincare and makeup. With claims to moisturize and brighten skin while providing medium-to-full coverage that is "so undetectable, you can't see the makeup and you can't see imperfections," we had major expectations.

Packaged in a glass bottle with a pump-top, Born This Way foundation absolutely lives up to the promise of medium-to-full coverage. Upon first application, you'll find this easily conceals an uneven skin tone, such as redness, blotchy areas, or post-breakout red marks. Medium coverage is immediate, and you can buff this on for full coverage effortlessly.

The finish, as mentioned earlier, borders on dewy and leaves your complexion with a slight glow. Those who are not fans of traditional matte or satin-matte foundations will likely enjoy how Born This Way wears. Those with oily to very oily skin, however, will find this is too moisturizing for their needs (even to the point where coverage begins to wear away in certain spots).

If you have combination to dry skin, expect Born This Way to wear well over the course of the workday. We found the coverage held up and resisted caking or settling into lines, and only slightly emphasized dry spots after several hours of wear. The color range is expansive; Too Faced currently offers 18 shades that cover the spectrum of fair to deep skin tones, but as is the case with any foundation—especially those with this degree of coverage—we strongly encourage you to try this in store to find your exact skin match.

Where we were disappointed with Born This Way was with its principle claim, that it is undetectable—this isn't a formula for those seeking a natural-looking foundation. While Born This Way does blend seamlessly and provides even coverage, the effect is too perfect and borders on the artificial. The result is that while wearing this you're more likely to hear, "your makeup looks wonderful," versus, "your skin looks great."

Too Faced makes a few skincare claims, calling out ingredients like coconut water and hyaluronic acid, along with alpine rose leaf (rhododendron ferrugineum extract). These are present in tiny amounts, however, and shouldn't be expected to provide much of any benefit for skin.

In the end, Too Faced's Born This Way foundation is a good option that is nearly great. Had the claims for it not been as over-the-top, we wouldn't have been as disappointed with the fact that it doesn't look nearly as natural as its marketing promises conveyed. While we wouldn't suggest this foundation for everyday wear, if you were seeking a formula for evening or special occasions, Born This Way would absolutely rank as one of our top recommendations
Elizabeth C.
Elizabeth C.
Louisville, KY
I used to think this brand was gimmicky and aimed at the younger children eager to spend mommy and daddies money on the next status symbol makeup product. Boy was I wrong! Yes it's definitely gimmicky with their most popular palettes looking and smelling like chocolate bars or peaches, etc. But the quality is amazing. The makeup is pigmented and long lasting, especially in the chocolate bar palettes. They do have often misses. I feel that's because they do spend so much time on the cutesy packaging. For example their hotel collection, christmas in new york collection, macaroons collection, basically their entire holiday collection every year, the born this way concealer, melted lipstick, melted metallics, and I'm sure I could name a few more. Luckily for me and you they make a ton more great quality products than those and the holiday collection only comes annually. I do suggest buying from somewhere where you can test or with a great return policy like sephora.
Maria Q.
Maria Q.
This is one of my favorites, this lady knows exactly what she's doing when she creates the formulas for any of her make up artists and I have tried first of all I love any I reported she has ever came out with my favorite is the brow definer but next and close is the brow whiz minutes favorite is her Contor kit for fair skin most amazing how that she'd ever most amazing Brandon Jane's her highlighters are also completely on point I really enjoy your clean locate everything she comes out with is absolutely amazing I could keep going forever. Words can't even being to describe the utter amount of sheer glamour I felt when I got my first product. The. Eye. Shadows. Palette. Absolutely love and can't help putting on even when i'm not going anywhere. All of the colours bring this certain look onto my face that I really love. Definitely suggest being a regular costumer from them because they will always come through if yanno what I mean.
Isabel ❤.
Isabel ❤.
Too Faced is the very first high end makeup brand I tried, before them I had no idea the difference between high end and drugstore. So far I have loved almost every product I tried from this company, mainly eyeshadow palettes. The first was the chocolate bon bon palette and I tried it because of how cute the packaging was. The eyeshadows came in pans that were shaped like hearts and the outside was full of cute imprinted hearts. Performance wise, back then I had no idea how to tell, but now that I have tried lots of eyeshadow palettes I can certainly say that this is a wonderfully palette. The colors come out beautifully and the highlight that comes in it is still one of favorites. Since then it has been my go-to beauty brands and they are certainly worth giving them a try. Overall too faced has super cute packaging but they also have great quality.
Krystal D.
Krystal D.
They have some great eyeshadow pallets as well as there primers and i am so in love with there peach eyshadow pallets as well as there peach bronzer and blush!!! Ughhh these are my f***in fav and will always be in makeup bag if i was able to get it..... i was only able to swatch them in the ulta store and they feel and look amazing on my skin but i would love love love to be abled to try with a whole makeup look and it would be awsome and appreciative if you could make this happen for me!!!! I would also share this and all my other great products that wld be sent to me in my monthly box. But i would love to be sponsord by this brand that way i can shate with the world my first impressions. These are great ways to help women find n try some amazing brands as well as products n help them out with some great looks!!!
Karissa D.
Karissa D.
Rosemead, CA
I love Too Faced Cosmetics. The brand in general is totally amazing. I love purchasing the products because they are a reasonable price for a high end product but the quality is amazing.
I love how the brand in general is so generous. I love watching Youtube videos. My favorite Youtuber's are the ones who are not to big yet and keep it real. I love how Too Faced is always so generous and send those people PR Boxes and help them.
Too Faced cosmetics is such a generous brand I love them and the quality of there make-up.
One of my favorite make-up has to be the sweet peach eye shadow palette. I don't own it yet, but I tried it out and did a look on my eye and I fell in love with it. The quality and pigmentation is amazing and the smell is even more amazing.
Stephanie S.
Stephanie S.
Lagrange, KY
There are a couple of items from this brand that I like, but not enough to purchase again. For me, Too Faced is another one of those brands that is not my first choice, but it's not necessarily terrible.

I'm more than likely not the target demographic. I'm in my late 20s, I want my make up to not look like a piece of candy or super cute, I don't want super shiny glitter, I want an expensive looking finish. I also want an eyeshadow palette that has more than 20 different shades of brown (aka chocolate palettes.)

For teenagers and girls in their early 20s, I think this is a great brand. Not too bad of a price, and get to experiment with a lot of different stuff. But for a more sophisticated or mature client, this brand misses the mark.
Victoria D.
Victoria D.
Too Faced has some really good makeup products, but some really bad ones too. They are expensive, but some of their products are worth the hype. However, I bought the semi-sweet palette and the Nikkie Tutorials Palette and they had some great quality shadows and others that were powdery and bad pigmentation. If I am paying for a palette that is 50-60 dollars I would expect them to all be great shadows. There are cheaper products in the drugstore with better pigmentation. I returned both of those palettes.
In their pros of products, I really like their eye shadow primer, their mascara (Better than sex original), and their bronzers are really nice.
Sahuarita, AZ
I've had some hits from this brand. Such as the Shadow Insurance lid primer and their OG Chocolate Bar palette. What I did notice is that their holiday collections greatly lack in quality and their BTS mascara is a definite fallout-fest for me. Their new collections have been misses. Like the KVD Better Together Collection, the Choc Chip palette, and the Peach collection. Quality is just slowly declining, it seems as if lately they're just focusing on new releases and milking out the peach theme that everyone is loving right now. There aesthetics also seem kind of gimmicky to me also. Been unimpressed lately but really hope they step it back up.
Hannah S.
Hannah S.
Too Faced has very few things I can say I love from their makeup. They are pretty gimmicky with their packaging and the scents. I feel like they put more time into their packaging and making it as cute as possible rather than making it usable with the best formula possible. And once you have one Too Faced palette, you have them all. All of their palettes seem to have the same color scheme: Nudes, an unusable light pink, and some patchy purples.
That being said, I really do love my Sweet Peach palette. It's unique enough with the peachy colors, but I still won't be buying another Too Faced palette because they're all too similar.
Sahuarita, AZ
What are your favorite products from Too Faced? I've heard amazing things about their Sweetheart blush and Hangover primer!
Julia E.
Julia E.
Better than sex waterproof or regular one? Which one helps with keeping a curl and volume?
Alyssa Y.
Alyssa Y.
Looking into getting more too faces products. What are your absolute favorites and why??
Delaney S.
Delaney S.
Are your products tested on animals? I really hope not because I absolutely love your products but don't want to use anything that is tested on animals.
Skylar S.
Skylar S.
La Crosse, WI
Where do you buy your Too Faced Products?